SaltyCajun.com http://k2-coolers.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > The Shooting Range (Guns & Ammo)

The Shooting Range (Guns & Ammo) Discuss anything related to firearms and ammunition here!

Old 12-01-2012, 04:31 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948
Default Gunsmith in LC?

Need a good gunsmith in LC area. Its true what they say about not mmaking them the way they used to. :mad:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I847 using Tapatalk 2
Old 12-01-2012, 06:11 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

What you got broken?
Old 12-01-2012, 06:24 PM
King Mackeral

Wouldn't say its broken, just ain't working right. That 887 I just bought. Its just not cycling right. The forearm wont lock in place when you cycle the gun, and its really because the bolt release isnt working quite right.

Old 12-01-2012, 06:30 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 10,192

First season shooting one for me as well. Not really any problems but not real impressed with it at all.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:35 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 2,464

For the price they are I wouldn't mind buying one and having it tweaked alittle... people gonna say you got what you paid for but I have hunted with several high dollar guns and none compared to my old cheap 870
Old 12-01-2012, 06:48 PM
King Mackeral

Yeah I don't really buy into that "you got what you paid for" mess because you can get a piece of junk with anything, no matter what the price. I haven't found any major issue with it other than its got a minor issue with not cycling right. If I can get that fixed, and iit shoots good, ill be happy.

Why not impressed LCD?

Old 12-01-2012, 06:50 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

I'm sure hunters supply could fix it. Need to pick up my 1100 from there.
Old 12-01-2012, 06:50 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,609

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedeater View Post
For the price they are I wouldn't mind buying one and having it tweaked alittle... people gonna say you got what you paid for but I have hunted with several high dollar guns and none compared to my old cheap 870
That old 870 was money well spent
Old 12-04-2012, 09:34 AM
King Mackeral

So I broke the gun down and cleaned it real well last night. Figured maybe the grease it whats jamming it up. Cycles a lot smoother now, but pull the trigger, and the action bar jams and the bolt won't open. Any ideas? I hate to bring this to a gunsmith and its something I can remedy myself, and if I have to get remington involved, it may be the last time I deal with them. Makes me sick to my stomach to get a brand new gun and it doesn't function right.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:08 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
Yeah I don't really buy into that "you got what you paid for" mess because you can get a piece of junk with anything, no matter what the price. I haven't found any major issue with it other than its got a minor issue with not cycling right. If I can get that fixed, and iit shoots good, ill be happy.

Why not impressed LCD?

Mine fires well and shucks pretty good, it gives problems loading shells in bottom. As in sometimes I have to jiggle the forend or make sure it is pulled tight forward to get the metal piece on the bottom to loosen up all the way. And removing shells out the bottom without cycling sometimes it doesnt want to give the shell to me.

Like I said shoots good enough I'm just indifferent about it. On a good note it is way lighter than my BPS I used to shoot.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:09 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
So I broke the gun down and cleaned it real well last night. Figured maybe the grease it whats jamming it up. Cycles a lot smoother now, but pull the trigger, and the action bar jams and the bolt won't open. Any ideas? I hate to bring this to a gunsmith and its something I can remedy myself, and if I have to get remington involved, it may be the last time I deal with them. Makes me sick to my stomach to get a brand new gun and it doesn't function right.
I have only broke mine down completly one time and it was an absolute pain to get that thing to go back together right. You sure evrything went back in the way it was supposed to?
Old 12-04-2012, 10:24 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

Quote:
Hate to say it, but people warned you. Hope you get the issue resolved.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:25 AM
King Mackeral

Well I guess I've broke it down and put it together so many times already it doesn't give me any trouble putting it back together. Just isn't working right.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:28 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjaredsandwich View Post
Hate to say it, but people warned you. Hope you get the issue resolved.

Hate to say it, but no one ever said anything that convinced me otherwise. Just "wouldn't touch one". Doesn't tell me ****.
Old 12-04-2012, 10:31 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,003

Quote:
Hate to say it, but no one ever said anything that convinced me otherwise. Just "wouldn't touch one". Doesn't tell me ****.
We gave you plenty of info and the web has tons of horrible reviews on that POS!
Old 12-04-2012, 10:43 AM
King Mackeral

Two people commenting on how their buddy's guns jammed doesn't constitute "plenty of info". And doesn't explain why countless people have remedied problems they had or haven't had any problems at all. I could find two people that don't like Benelli's or Franchi's if I was on the right forum or asked the right questions. Two people tells me nothing. Now, if there had been a reason for why the gun was jamming, that's a different story. Not knockin anyone's buddies or anything, but I don't know if that's operator error or mechanical malfunction. And i've read just as many good reviews of the gun as I have bad reviews. And a lot of the bad reviews came from people that took the time to try and deal with the problem, and have had no problems since then.

Not trying to be rude, but one of my pet peeves is when people give an "It sucks" or "Couldn't give me one", or this or that, and no reason why. I never saw good reason to not go with one, and it was my decision.

Now all I asked is if anyone had any suggestions on how to deal with the problem, not for the third degree.
Old 12-04-2012, 11:04 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,003

Quote:
Two people commenting on how their buddy's guns jammed doesn't constitute "plenty of info". And doesn't explain why countless people have remedied problems they had or haven't had any problems at all. I could find two people that don't like Benelli's or Franchi's if I was on the right forum or asked the right questions. Two people tells me nothing. Now, if there had been a reason for why the gun was jamming, that's a different story. Not knockin anyone's buddies or anything, but I don't know if that's operator error or mechanical malfunction. And i've read just as many good reviews of the gun as I have bad reviews. And a lot of the bad reviews came from people that took the time to try and deal with the problem, and have had no problems since then.

Not trying to be rude, but one of my pet peeves is when people give an "It sucks" or "Couldn't give me one", or this or that, and no reason why. I never saw good reason to not go with one, and it was my decision.

Now all I asked is if anyone had any suggestions on how to deal with the problem, not for the third degree.
David's Gun shop in sulphur. Pronounced Dahveed. You can google him and get his number. I don know it off hand.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:25 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,917

Yes take it to David's, I stopped in once for parts and he was very helpful and took good care of my gun while I was there (it was painted about a week beforehand). Gator Guns would also have his phone number
Old 12-26-2012, 08:37 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,044

Have you looked on shotgunworld.com. Sometimes they have a lot of people discussing different issues with shotguns.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:53 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

This sucks to hear - fix dat, sell dat, buy dat Benelli