SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > The Tackle Box (Lures, Baits, Rigs)

The Tackle Box (Lures, Baits, Rigs) Discuss everything related to tackle here, including making your own

Old 02-26-2015, 11:42 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,354

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade View Post
Speaking of Lew's reels, does anyone have an opinion on the new BB2 Inshore?

Lew's BB2 Inshore

I got 2 of the lews bb1 inshore...Best reels I've ever owned. Drag so smooth you hardly know its working...I think the bb2 is just a wider spool...The BB1's go for $179.99 ...I got mine off amazon for $150.00...
Old 02-26-2015, 07:52 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,087

I am personally a shimano Curado guy best bang for buck but that's my preference. I just got one of the new 13 reals I like it so far. Ceramic stainless hybrid very light. Still feel like my Curado cast better but may just be I haven't set it all the way yet.
Old 02-26-2015, 08:26 PM
Ling

Cash: 505

The BB1 and BB2 are awesome reels. Ive always used the Lews tourney series reels but recently got a bb1 and thing feels amazing. Never been a fan of shimano bait casters although they do make good products.
Old 03-03-2015, 06:52 PM
Flounder

Cash: -128

Bass pro= poo junk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-04-2015, 07:41 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,216

Friend got one and here is what he told me
Advantages: super natural powers over nature, miraculous automatic sponsorships
Disadvantages: didn;t include a free window sticker
" I was, initially, skeptical of the $300 price tag on this combo but decided to go ahead with my online order. BassPro.com shipping was as fast and free as a girl I once knew in Longview, Texas (but that’s another story). Upon receiving the Johnny Morris Signature Series Combo in the mail I could immediately tell that my life was about to be drastically different. My first natural thought was to attach my recently acquired Johnny Morris Signature Series Baitcaster Reel. Before I even had the chance to do so, I heard a voice. A voice as real as any voice I have ever heard in my life… only with a touch of reverb on it... saying; “Use The Force, Dave. Use The Force…”. It was the unmistakable voice of bass fishing pioneer and tournament-fishing legend, Ricky Green. I laid the reel to my side and put the bare rod into my plain black Humvee for a drive down to the water’s edge.
As I arrived at the marina I noticed that people were staring at my truck. It’s a slick truck, but; staring? I got out and went around to the back hatch to retrieve the Johnny Morris when I noticed what was generating all the looks. I can’t explain what happened but it did. Somehow, between the time I put the rod in the truck and when I pulled into the marina, my Humvee had become completely tricked out with sponsor logos! All over! The sport’s greatest names were, somehow, magically plastered all over this beautiful beast of a ride. Nitro, Strike-King, Yeti, Tuf-Line, Power-Pole, Bass Pro Shops, Coors Light, Dorito’s; they were all there… most of all, Diawa. I was shocked but played it off like I was a pro. With my Johnny Morris Signature Series Combo securely in hand, I walked with the confidence of Kevin VanDam toward the docks. A nearby pick-up truck stereo was loudly playing Steve Miller Band’s “The Joker” and I strolled in time with the music as the ladies were obviously taking notice of me and the cut-proof, corrosion-free Fuji titanium-frame SiC guides gleaming in the summer sun.
The moment was shattered by cries for help from 3 docks down. Someone was drowning! I raced to the boat ramp just beside the pier and saw the weak splashing of a swimmer begin to subside. It was at that moment the Johnny Morris Signature Series Combo began to vibrate slightly in my hand and emanate what I can only call a low, near sub-audible, hum. Suddenly and uncontrollably, my arm flashed forward as the 8 foot rod cracked the sky with the thunderous sound of a bull whip outstretched over the choppy whitecaps toward the doomed swimmer. The water began to bubble with activity. In seconds, there was a huge school of bass. All of them were 8 pounds or bigger. They seemed to form up and create a life raft of fish in a coordinated and sentient effort. With their collective power, they lifted the swimmer’s head and body above the water line and carried her directly to my feet at the bottom of the ramp. She coughed up a bit of lake water and looked into my eyes.
“Thank you, fishmaster.” She gulped…
“Thank you and God bless you and your Johnny Morris Signature Series Combo. You and those award worthy bass have saved my life.”
I nonchalantly winked and nodded as I turned to walk away. Headed back to my, now, fully sponsored Humvee I noticed that something was new and different. Behind it was a brand new 2015 NITRO Z-9 boat with 225 L OptiMax Pro XS and trailer!! Everyone cheered for me as I approached the rig in disbelief. While my new rod and I were saving a life, it had simply appeared out of nowhere! Sponsor logos in place, of course.
All in all, I will give the Johnny Morris Signature Series Combo a positive review but will reserve final judgment for when I have purchased the holy grail of fishing - THE BOGA GRIP. Although, that may never actually be necessary. "
Old 03-04-2015, 09:21 AM
Flounder

Cash: -128

Chantix must be your biggest sponsor of all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-04-2015, 11:20 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,578

That should be posted as a review on bps site
Old 03-04-2015, 03:12 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPointIsDaBomb View Post

" I was, initially, skeptical of the $300 price tag on this combo but decided to go ahead with my online order. BassPro.com shipping was as fast and free as a girl I once knew in Longview, Texas (but that’s another story). Upon receiving the Johnny Morris Signature Series Combo in the mail I could immediately tell that my life was about to be drastically different. My first natural thought was to attach my recently acquired Johnny Morris Signature Series Baitcaster Reel. Before I even had the chance to do so, I heard a voice. A voice as real as any voice I have ever heard in my life… only with a touch of reverb on it... saying; “Use The Force, Dave. Use The Force…”. It was the unmistakable voice of bass fishing pioneer and tournament-fishing legend, Ricky Green. I laid the reel to my side and put the bare rod into my plain black Humvee for a drive down to the water’s edge.

As I arrived at the marina I noticed that people were staring at my truck. It’s a slick truck, but; staring? I got out and went around to the back hatch to retrieve the Johnny Morris when I noticed what was generating all the looks. I can’t explain what happened but it did. Somehow, between the time I put the rod in the truck and when I pulled into the marina, my Humvee had become completely tricked out with sponsor logos! All over! The sport’s greatest names were, somehow, magically plastered all over this beautiful beast of a ride. Nitro, Strike-King, Yeti, Tuf-Line, Power-Pole, Bass Pro Shops, Coors Light, Dorito’s; they were all there… most of all, Diawa. I was shocked but played it off like I was a pro. With my Johnny Morris Signature Series Combo securely in hand, I walked with the confidence of Kevin VanDam toward the docks. A nearby pick-up truck stereo was loudly playing Steve Miller Band’s “The Joker” and I strolled in time with the music as the ladies were obviously taking notice of me and the cut-proof, corrosion-free Fuji titanium-frame SiC guides gleaming in the summer sun.

The moment was shattered by cries for help from 3 docks down. Someone was drowning! I raced to the boat ramp just beside the pier and saw the weak splashing of a swimmer begin to subside. It was at that moment the Johnny Morris Signature Series Combo began to vibrate slightly in my hand and emanate what I can only call a low, near sub-audible, hum. Suddenly and uncontrollably, my arm flashed forward as the 8 foot rod cracked the sky with the thunderous sound of a bull whip outstretched over the choppy whitecaps toward the doomed swimmer. The water began to bubble with activity. In seconds, there was a huge school of bass. All of them were 8 pounds or bigger. They seemed to form up and create a life raft of fish in a coordinated and sentient effort. With their collective power, they lifted the swimmer’s head and body above the water line and carried her directly to my feet at the bottom of the ramp. She coughed up a bit of lake water and looked into my eyes.

“Thank you and God bless you and your Johnny Morris Signature Series Combo. You and those award worthy bass have saved my life.”

I nonchalantly winked and nodded as I turned to walk away. Headed back to my, now, fully sponsored Humvee I noticed that something was new and different. Behind it was a brand new 2015 NITRO Z-9 boat with 225 L OptiMax Pro XS and trailer!! Everyone cheered for me as I approached the rig in disbelief. While my new rod and I were saving a life, it had simply appeared out of nowhere! Sponsor logos in place, of course.

All in all, I will give the Johnny Morris Signature Series Combo a positive review but will reserve final judgment for when I have purchased the holy grail of fishing - THE BOGA GRIP. Although, that may never actually be necessary. "

Epic
Old 04-05-2015, 10:38 PM
Ling

Cash: 5,600

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPointIsDaBomb View Post