SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 07-16-2012, 01:33 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,245
Default South dularge

My brother called me last week and said he was going to be home and wanted to make a fishing trip. Hell I’m always ready and he only gets to go once a year so me my brother and my dad made the trip to Dularge yesterday. Made it to the ramp about 8am with people picking boats up reporting limits. We headed straight for the Islands. Started fishing on raccoon point and only caught two small Spanish and a shark. Headed east on the island a few miles and the first three cast were decent trout and I thought it was on. WRONG could not buy a bite for the next 25 minutes. So we head further to the east and fish several rock piles with no luck. Against my better judgment the next move was to put up with the professional fishermen at the Enstar platform. When we got there and were greeted by 3 other boats that were picking up a few fish. First five cast we hooked up but only one keeper. Tried to stay a little while but got tired of only catching one keeper out of every five fish so west we head. After the 7 mile run we make it to the Pickets field. Fished about 8 or 9 of the structures and the sharks were there. We managed to catch several nice trout but lots were lost to the sharks. I think we may have only put 3 or 4 in the boat. Now I faced with the issue of what to do, stay there all day and feed the sharks, or start to experiment with new places. We decided to head south east and hit some of the rigs south of the islands. Finally managed to get on a better bite on a undisclosed rig. It was not as fast as what I’m used to down there but we were catching fish. We managed to finish the day with 56 keeper trout, 3 reds, and 6 flounder. All in all not a bad day and it is always nice to be on the water with the family.
Pictures are only of the fish that I took home
fish.jpg
Old 07-16-2012, 01:49 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

thanks for the report. You fishing live or arties?
Old 07-16-2012, 01:59 PM
Red Snapper

got a few minnows for my brother but most fish were on artificial
Old 07-16-2012, 04:25 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,750

Good box shot
Old 07-16-2012, 05:58 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,578

Nice
Old 07-16-2012, 06:05 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,142

What area is the Pickets? I used to work at Ship Shoal 26 and heard that area called the Pickets and also a place close by called the Mardi Gras? I hadn't been there in 8 yrs. Thanks for the report
Old 07-17-2012, 08:11 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdm4x43732 View Post
What area is the Pickets? I used to work at Ship Shoal 26 and heard that area called the Pickets and also a place close by called the Mardi Gras? I hadn't been there in 8 yrs. Thanks for the report
That is it
Pickets are ~7 miles from enstar (the platform a mile or so west of the tip for racoon point. The the Mardi Gras rigs are ~7 miles west of the Pickets rigs. Oyster Bayou is about 10 mile from the Mardi gras rigs. When I fish the Mardi Gras platforms I typically launch in the atachafalaya river in berwick.