SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 12-18-2014, 09:37 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488
Hairout How dumb is-

How dumb is too dumb to drive? No, really - how dumb do you have to be where a police officer should be able to grab your license, tear it up, call a wrecker for your vehicle, and just make a person walk?

I'm on a rant if you can't tell following a young lady I met. It's 10:30 at night, and I see a car on the side of the intersate with it's flashers on. I pull in behind it, activate my blue lights, and get out to make contact. I find a 19y/o girl sitting in her car pointing east. I ask what the problem is and she replies "I'm lost". Ok, where are you going? "Alexandria".

She went to Lake Charles for a basketball game and was following the school bus. She gets off the interstate to stop at McDonald's and is now clueless on where to go. I asked if she had a phone and I get "yea, but its dead - can I use your charger". I literally had to draw her a map of I-10 to I-49 to Alexandria. Really? People like this should not be allowed to drive!

Before sending her on her way, I asked "how long were you going to sit here?" - and without missing a beat "Until I saw a car I recognized".
Old 12-18-2014, 09:49 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167
Default lost

in high school (pre-cellphone) a fine cheerleader was at this camp partying and called me at the house to come over and get her. I had been to the camp before and thought I remembered how to get there and didn't bring a map or anything and started heading that way so I thought. Hour later I am pretty turned around and no gas stations or any payphones to call. Finally figured out where to go 2 hours later and got to the camp. She was ready to go and got in the truck and 2 minutes later started throwing up so I missed my chance and it never came back. Couple lessons here is always take a map with you and don't be afraid to ask directions. And that you should never turn any down as you will never get that chance again. She got fat after high school but back fine again now that she is divorced
Old 12-18-2014, 09:53 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,633
Default wow

hahaha
Attached Images
File Type: jpg electrolites.jpg (10.5 KB, 539 views)
Old 12-18-2014, 09:56 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,734

I may get flamed for this comment, but I see this crap everyday

This is a perfect model of what this government wants for a voting citizen and has been brain washing into the younger generation. Dependency
Old 12-18-2014, 10:15 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Sadly, I don't think this is a rare occurrence. Her phone was dead probably because she was sitting on the side of the road Facebooking until she saw a vehicle she recognized. Never thought about using a map. And the REALLY sad part is once she gets to Alexandria, she'll tell all of her friends that it was the bus drivers fault for leaving her behind and all of her friends will tell her she's lucky "that cop" didn't try to rape her. I seriously would have asked for her parents phone number and called them to let them know just how bad of a failure they are at parenting. They spoiled their princess to the point of complete stupidity.

No flaming here Marty. I think your assessment is spot on. If you look close in the picture below, you'll see today's society.

Old 12-18-2014, 10:17 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,728

I just don't get how you go anywhere without a phone charger. Especially Alexandria to LC and back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-18-2014, 10:23 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,238

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
Sadly, I don't think this is a rare occurrence. Her phone was dead probably because she was sitting on the side of the road Facebooking until she saw a vehicle she recognized. Never thought about using a map. And the REALLY sad part is once she gets to Alexandria, she'll tell all of her friends that it was the bus drivers fault for leaving her behind and all of her friends will tell her she's lucky "that cop" didn't try to rape her. I seriously would have asked for her parents phone number and called them to let them know just how bad of a failure they are at parenting. They soiled their princess to the point of complete stupidity.

No flaming here Marty. I think your assessment is spot on. If you look close in the picture below, you'll see today's society.

I had a long thing written and then something happen and got erased.

This is spot on. I've spent my last few years at LSU and still live in BR and am surrounded by thousands of young adults that still act like children. I blame their parents for coddling them and never giving them a chance to learn anything because as soon as something happens they ta ta them.

The scary thing is that this generation will one day be running things and making decisions.
Old 12-18-2014, 10:24 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by AubreyLaHaye458 View Post
I just don't get how you go anywhere without a phone charger. Especially Alexandria to LC and back.

My wife is the worst about charging her phone and its my biggest peeve next to leaving the lid off the friggin toothpaste. Her phone will die and she won't charge it up overnight so the next day its dead all day. Gets home and puts it on charge for about 30 minutes just enough to check all her messages and call everyone back. Dies again the next day, repeat. Drives me insane. Just plug it up in the car and be done with it.

but the lack of directions thing is generational. Everything anyone needs to know is right there at their fingertips (if its charged up), all the answers you can just google
Old 12-18-2014, 10:28 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
My wife is the worst about charging her phone and its my biggest peeve next to leaving the lid off the friggin toothpaste. Her phone will die and she won't charge it up overnight so the next day its dead all day. Gets home and puts it on charge for about 30 minutes just enough to check all her messages and call everyone back. Dies again the next day, repeat. Drives me insane. Just plug it up in the car and be done with it.

but the lack of directions thing is generational. Everything anyone needs to know is right there at their fingertips (if its charged up), all the answers you can just google
Your wife wouldn't happen to be a 5'2" redhead with freckles? I think we may be married to the same woman! The toothpaste thing drives me freaking nuts! I finally gave up trying to teach her how to properly use a toothpaste tube and started using my own.
Old 12-18-2014, 10:32 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
Your wife wouldn't happen to be a 5'2" redhead with freckles? I think we may be married to the same woman! The toothpaste thing drives me freaking nuts! I finally gave up trying to teach her how to properly use a toothpaste tube and started using my own.
not a redhead but short! Leaves lids open on everything and I am slightly OCD so it drives me up the wall
Old 12-18-2014, 10:45 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,577

What's worse than leaving the lid off....is crumpling the tube O_o Drives me bonkers!!! Sorry for steering this further off-subject lol
Old 12-18-2014, 10:49 AM
Ling

Did she at least thank you for your help, Fin? And how many times did she use "umm" "like" and "really" in your conversation with her?
Old 12-18-2014, 10:50 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,038

This thread is a little too much doom and gloom sky is falling for my taste. You learn things like bringing a map, phone charger, etc. through experience (or someone with experience telling you to bring that stuff). This sounds like a typically goofy inexperienced kid. Thankfully you were there to help her out.

The part I really don't like is a 19 year old girl driving alone hours from home.

I'd love it if the U.S. would institute mandatory military service for 18 year olds, even just 12 months.
Old 12-18-2014, 11:39 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by AubreyLaHaye458 View Post

Before cell phones people actually knew how to drive and were to go
With out a phone talking to them telling em

I would beat good money kids from 16-25 don't even know how you use road signs and exit numbers

More less know what a mile market is
Old 12-18-2014, 12:00 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

A lot of this comes down to parenting. We began having the children print google maps and play the role of navigator while we taxi them about long before teaching them to drive. We also keep a lot of maps in the car and break them out to figure things out when there is an unexpected issue. We've got the GPS and cell phones, but usually we do not even turn on the GPS unless we make a wrong turn and need to figure it out quickly and get back to the proper path.

In the first couple years of licensed driving, we review routes and contingency plans with the teen carefully before handing over the car keys for a trip on a route the teen has not driven multiple times. Most times the parent has already ridden along with the teen along the same path multiple times during the year the teen was accruing hours on their learner's permit. There is also a clear expectation that the teen contact a parent immediately in the event of an accident, break down, getting lost, or other unexpected delay reaching the destination or returning home.

There are some pretty good apps out now that allow parents to monitor for things like texting and driving and can even inform the parent of real time location information and speed.

The 19 y/o in the above story did not arrive in her present state without considerable parenting failures when she was 15, 16, 17, and 18.
Old 12-18-2014, 12:04 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

No- she didn't thank me. And she was a democrat, lost as a goose in New York. And like "W" stated, she didn't understand the mile marker concept - she was at the 64 but couldn't understand she needed to exit at the 101 in Lafayette, thus I had to draw a map.

And Mathgeek, I can assure you her parenting failures started before the age of 15!
Old 12-18-2014, 12:27 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finfeatherfur View Post
. And she was a democrat
and here I thought I was the only one that used this discription
Old 12-18-2014, 04:34 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,043

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Before cell phones people actually knew how to drive and were to go
With out a phone talking to them telling em

I would beat good money kids from 16-25 don't even know how you use road signs and exit numbers

More less know what a mile market is

Hey watch it now... lol

I'm 24 and can read the s**t out of a map. And catch lunkers in old people's faces.
Old 12-18-2014, 06:07 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Maps are so 2008

Sent
Old 12-19-2014, 08:24 AM
Ling

Cash: 2,271

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finfeatherfur View Post
No- she didn't thank me. And she was a democrat, lost as a goose in New York. And like "W" stated, she didn't understand the mile marker concept - she was at the 64 but couldn't understand she needed to exit at the 101 in Lafayette, thus I had to draw a map.

And Mathgeek, I can assure you her parenting failures started before the age of 15!

kind of sad really.. how do you lose a school bus?

lol jk that would suck pretty bad to be lost to that extreme