SaltyCajun.com http://www.egretbaits.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 05-29-2009, 06:28 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 650
Default Froggin

At the end of the month it's open again am I right? Any froggers out there with some advertures like pissed off alligators, snakes in the boat, or little boys opening the sack in the truck. The last on happened to me in my new truck when we got home my truck was nasty and my wife saw it the next morning, lead balloon comes to mind.
Old 05-29-2009, 06:38 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,935

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleRob View Post
At the end of the month it's open again am I right? Any froggers out there with some advertures like pissed off alligators, snakes in the boat, or little boys opening the sack in the truck. The last on happened to me in my new truck when we got home my truck was nasty and my wife saw it the next morning, lead balloon comes to mind.
Boy dont you love the boss he he
Old 05-29-2009, 08:34 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,010

I am planning on going, but I am going to buy the license so I can sell them. Hoping to catch around 50 or better each trip.

Warren
Old 05-29-2009, 09:37 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

im going!! where all yall go? like what area
Old 05-29-2009, 09:41 PM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
im going!! where all yall go? like what area

If I told you, I would have to kill you. I sure can show you, because then you would be a partner in crime.

Warren
Old 05-29-2009, 09:44 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

hmm...would it happen to be a river or a marsh?
Old 05-29-2009, 09:57 PM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
hmm...would it happen to be a river or a marsh?

Yes.........

And that is all I have to say about that.

Warren
Old 05-29-2009, 10:11 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 600

Back when I was in high school we used to drive around moss bluff neighbor hoods shining frogs out of the back of the truck, easiest froggin ever, it would get real funny though when one would take off because you could chase them since you would be standing on hard ground. More than one guy would wind up on his butt in the ditch. We tore up some gigs though, start with 4 prongs to start the night and go home when we only have one left.
Old 05-30-2009, 08:45 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 643
Default Never Been

Never Been frogging before.....lol

Any body never frogged?.... ill take em.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 025.jpg (89.0 KB, 98 views)
Old 05-30-2009, 10:54 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,618

Nice frogs catdaddy! I used to go on Bayou Tortue..can't wait to go again!
Old 05-30-2009, 11:06 AM
King Mackeral

Crawfish ponds... and when all the farmers start letting the water out the rice fields, i frogg the local drainage canals. i usually stop when my frogg sack is full because i dont like getting to greedy.. i can usually catch 100 to 150 a night, but i usually only need about 10 or 15. I love to frog, and what i like more is giving a pack of clean froggs to some elders by the house who love to eat frogs but are to old to get out and catch them. Im the same way with my catfish, ill catch and clean em, and then i ride around looking for good old ppl to give it to.
Old 05-30-2009, 11:14 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,618

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatDaddy View Post
what i like more is giving a pack of clean froggs to some elders by the house who love to eat frogs but are to old to get out and catch them. Im the same way with my catfish, ill catch and clean em, and then i ride around looking for good old ppl to give it to.

thats awesome man...and you know they appreciate it too!
Old 05-30-2009, 11:57 AM
Tripletail

I'm not really old, but I have a old lady does qualify me for that benifit. I just hope and prayer my wife NEVER gets on here and read that one.
Seriously that is a good thing to do for our elderly people, more people should think like that.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:07 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
I'm not really old, but I have a old lady does qualify me for that benifit. I just hope and prayer my wife NEVER gets on here and read that one.
Seriously that is a good thing to do for our elderly people, more people should think like that.

I think so to. I know alot of the old "coon-arse" ppl around the house like thos big catfish. I dont really care for the taste. They make a good gravey, and some fry pretty good if you soak them in ice water for about 2 or 3 days. But if you ever come eat catfish at my house you gonna get the litte small 2 pound fish fillets, they are the best tasting ones. But them old ppl, they will eat those big catfish all day long. they like to make graveys with them..
Old 05-30-2009, 12:37 PM
Tripletail

Cat you gonna be in this week or what, I come in Wed.
Old 05-30-2009, 12:58 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Cat you gonna be in this week or what, I come in Wed.

mais i dunno like dat. I THINK i have about a week left out here. They not cuttin me no slack right now. Ill tell you what,, i hope that i come in soon tho, cause i need to go fishing or sammin. Im trying to plan a few day trip to the water park with the wife and kids, i hope work dont rain on that. We need to get together tho. everytime i come in for a day or two you offshore. thats what sucks about not having a set schedule.
Old 05-30-2009, 02:21 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

CATDADDY, either you a midget or that is some huge frogs. I used to go in a hunting club in Terrebonne Parish that one of my good buddies was in. We would absolutely smoke them. Our biggest haul was 442 in one night. Very seldom would we come back with less than 150. Most of the time we were getting between 200 to 300. People don't believe me when I tell them this but it is true.
Old 05-30-2009, 02:37 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp snorkler View Post
CATDADDY, either you a midget or that is some huge frogs. I used to go in a hunting club in Terrebonne Parish that one of my good buddies was in. We would absolutely smoke them. Our biggest haul was 442 in one night. Very seldom would we come back with less than 150. Most of the time we were getting between 200 to 300. People don't believe me when I tell them this but it is true.
Swamp, are you a fisherman if so that's why no one will believe you, most of us stretch the truth. But I've gone out to the Lake Arthur Hunting club at night with some friends, and we hit em 300 plus. That is way to many to clean.
Old 05-30-2009, 02:58 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Quote:
Swamp, are you a fisherman if so that's why no one will believe you, most of us stretch the truth. But I've gone out to the Lake Arthur Hunting club at night with some friends, and we hit em 300 plus. That is way to many to clean.

Yea thats way to many to clean. I catch big ones like that all night long. I pass alot of froggs up being they not big. I like the big nastys..lol
Old 05-30-2009, 04:29 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Don't let him BS you he's like 4'11"