SaltyCajun.com http://www.budnmarys.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 04-19-2017, 04:57 PM
Flounder

Cash: 600
Default Wlf bust some old men

Wlf bust some guys with way over the limit at Lake Pontchartrain!

Four Men Cited for Fishing Violations in Jefferson Parish

Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries enforcement agents citied four subjects for alleged fishing violations in two separate cases in Jefferson Parish on April 17.

Agents cited Arthur Borchgrevink, 71, from Metairie, and Rudy Mirandone Jr., 73, from Bay St. Louis, Miss., for taking over the daily limit of spotted sea trout. Agents also cited Sidney Frechou III, 62, from Pearl River, for taking over the daily limit and possession limit of spotted sea trout, and John Dandry Jr., 60, from Metairie, for not possessing basic fishing and saltwater fishing licenses.

Agents received over the limit of sea trout complaints in Lake Pontchartrain and responded to the area. Agents stopped a vessel with Borchgrevink and Mirandone Jr. and found them in possession of 43 spotted sea trout. After further investigation, agents found an additional 59 spotted sea trout in their vehicle that had also been caught that morning.

Shortly thereafter agents stopped a vessel containing Frechou III and Dandry Jr. and found them in possession of 50 spotted sea trout. Further investigation revealed that Dandry Jr. possessed an additional 52 spotted sea trout that were taken over a multiple day period of which he caught 27 in one of those days. Frechou III also did not possess basic fishing and saltwater fishing licenses.

The daily bag limit for spotted sea trout is 25 per person for this area. The possession limit of spotted seatrout is twice the daily bag limit on land, however no person shall be in possession of spotted sea trout over the daily bag limit in any one day or while fishing or while on the water. This put Borchgrevink and Mirandone Jr. 52 over their daily limit. It also put Dandry Jr. 27 spotted seatrout over his possession limit and two spotted seatrout over one of his daily limits.

Angling without basic fishing and saltwater fishing licenses each carry a $50 fine and up to 15 days in jail for each offense. Taking over the daily limit of spotted sea trout brings a $100 to $350 fine and up to 60 days in jail. Taking over the possession limit of spotted sea trout carries a $400 to $950 fine and up to 120 days in jail.

Borchgrevink and Mirandone Jr. may also face a civil restitution penalty totaling $1,506 for the illegally possessed fish. Dandry Jr. may also face a civil restitution penalty totaling $782 for the illegally possessed fish. Frechou III may also face a civil restitution penalty totaling $724 for the illegally possessed fish.

Agents involved in the case are Senior Agent Gary Pierce, Senior Agent Patrick Dempsey and Senior Agent Jeffrey Farmer.

The Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries is charged with managing and protecting Louisiana?s abundant natural resources. For more information, visit us at www.wlf.la.gov. To receive email alerts, signup at http://www.wlf.la.gov/signup.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Old 04-19-2017, 06:26 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 6,228

Could of been doing it all their lives. Eventually get caught and rightly so! Greedy old farts!
Old 04-19-2017, 06:31 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,563

Quote:
Originally Posted by MEM1971 View Post
Could of been doing it all their lives. Eventually get caught and rightly so! Greedy old farts!

Maybe they didn't know the limits changed three decades ago. Lol. They still using 50.
Old 04-19-2017, 06:45 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,039

Any word on bait they were using and GPS coords? 😈

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 04-19-2017, 08:50 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 921

if that's all they could catch, they need a better gillnet!!!!
Old 04-19-2017, 09:53 PM
Flounder

Cash: 785

Obviously these guys broke the law. But how can wardens tell the difference between fish caught days apart once they are cleaned. I've always wondered how that would happen if we rented a camp for a few days and come back with multipl days catch. Or if a buddy and I go fishing, clean the fish, they decide they don't want any and I take all the fish then get stopped.
Old 04-20-2017, 04:29 AM
Flounder

Cash: 600

Quote:
Originally Posted by seapro150 View Post
Obviously these guys broke the law. But how can wardens tell the difference between fish caught days apart once they are cleaned. I've always wondered how that would happen if we rented a camp for a few days and come back with multipl days catch. Or if a buddy and I go fishing, clean the fish, they decide they don't want any and I take all the fish then get stopped.
Good question, for waterfowl, we have to leave a wing and sometimes the head for identification of the species, and the hunters information card for each one, so I would think it's at least the fisherman id info per catch if you're bringing all the game back your self or just your own, it's way too much trouble I know, is probably way most of us don't do it or even think about it. Maybe these guys didn't have them cleaned yet or Id in separate bags with dates may be the Warden would have let that one go

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk
Old 04-20-2017, 06:26 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,213

Quote:
Originally Posted by seapro150 View Post

I've wondered about this too. Daily limits are cut and dry, but what about possession limits? Is that whats in the freezer at the house/camp?
Old 04-20-2017, 07:00 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,080

page 32.

Off-water Bag Limit
Two days’ bag limit allowed in possession off of the water, not while fishing or in a boat.
Charter Vessels & Headboats
Two-day limit allowed in possession only on charter vessels and headboats on multi day trips, if
the vessels have two licensed operators, as required by the U.S. Coast Guard for trips more than
12 hours, and if each angler has in possession a receipt issued on behalf of the vessel verifying
the length of the trip.
Old 04-20-2017, 02:00 PM
Flounder

Cash: 392

limit? what's that? I cant even catch 5....