SaltyCajun.com http://www.budnmarys.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 01-18-2016, 07:16 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 792
Default tree stand harnesses

Thanks to our "nanny" government regulations, I find myself with a bucket full of tree stand safety harnesses cuz the regs require that new harnesses be sent with the purchase of tree stands (two with a two man stand).

Anyone figure out what to do with these? They are well made nylon harnesses, but I can't figure out what to do with them (other than actually wear them).
Old 01-18-2016, 07:40 PM
Flounder

Cash: 633

Give them to someone that doesn't have one and stress the importance of wearing it. Two guys that work (or previously worked) for the company I work for have fallen out of trees and sustained spinal injuries. One is paralyzed from the waist down. The other has been retired for a couple years and broke his neck but didn't damage the spinal cord. He was lucky but at over 70 years old he will have a long recovery.
Old 01-18-2016, 08:01 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

I fell several years back while hanging a lock-on got knocked unconscious, and broke my pelvis Luckily wife was with me or else it have been much worse. It's for your own good like a seatbelt
Old 01-19-2016, 08:15 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,213

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay67 View Post
Give them to someone that doesn't have one and stress the importance of wearing it. Two guys that work (or previously worked) for the company I work for have fallen out of trees and sustained spinal injuries. One is paralyzed from the waist down. The other has been retired for a couple years and broke his neck but didn't damage the spinal cord. He was lucky but at over 70 years old he will have a long recovery.
I know the guy your talking about that is paralyzed, when he fell it was a real wake up call for me. If it can happen to him it can happen to anyone.... I went and bought me a hunter safety system harness right after that and have never used my climber without it.
Old 01-19-2016, 12:11 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,686

Throw that junk away and buy a nice hunting harness by HSS or another manufacturer.
Point is you wont take the time to put on the complicated mess they give you for free....

Or if you want something cheaper and easier to use get a rock climbing harness and a linemans type tree strap.

This is what I use below and love it.

http://www.rei.com/product/699550/bl...imbing-harness

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/produ...strap?a=708694
Old 01-20-2016, 10:53 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pat Babaz View Post
I know the guy your talking about that is paralyzed, when he fell it was a real wake up call for me. If it can happen to him it can happen to anyone.... I went and bought me a hunter safety system harness right after that and have never used my climber without it.
Ditto... my brother fell out when he fell asleep. Luckily he had only a minor concussion and amnesia for a spell.

I like the donate idea. Even if they don't like them, at least they'll have an option. If you have a business, giving stuff away like that can be worth miles of advertising.