SaltyCajun.com http://www.acadianamarina.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-24-2012, 05:17 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 3,948

Oh I know. My point is, "UU" was right. Atleast at this point on time...

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
Old 06-24-2012, 05:18 PM
Great White

Cash: 3,391

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smalls View Post
Oh I know. My point is, "UU" was right. Atleast at this point on time...

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
Not really.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:30 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

I was 100% right that it would not hit La
Old 06-24-2012, 05:37 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
I was 100% right that it would not hit La
Well, it's not over yet, but, there's also 48 more states in which it won't make landfall. You said it would go west. If it hit's the Florida panhandle...it will go "100%" opposite of what you said. But then...you also think Hurricane Rita should be ranked ahead of Katrina.
Old 06-24-2012, 05:55 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty View Post
Well, it's not over yet, but, there's also 48 more states in which it won't make landfall. You said it would go west. If it hit's the Florida panhandle...it will go "100%" opposite of what you said. But then...you also think Hurricane Rita should be ranked ahead of Katrina.
Rita was worst than Katrina ....just because were smarter on the west side to leave .....and have zero deaths which made for zero ,media stories

Sorry were not the welfare side

They both made landfall as cat 3 both were cat 5

Rita storm surge was greater than Katrina

Only thing was Cnn,fox and NBC loved to hype it up with democrats on roof tops because they were too stupid to leave a soup bowl
Old 06-24-2012, 06:14 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,071

I agree 100 percent with w.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:20 PM
Great White

Quote:
Rita was worst than Katrina ....just because were smarter on the west side to leave .....and have zero deaths which made for zero ,media stories

Only thing was Cnn,fox and NBC loved to hype it up with democrats on roof tops because they were too stupid to leave a soup bowl
Katrina was just as intense as Rita and about 3 times bigger. Rita affected 2 or 3 Louisiana coastal parishes...Katrina hit 3 states. If you think Katrina only did damage in Chocolate City...you should'a drove across Washington Parish the next day. And we're 150 miles from landfall....not on the coast.

Interesting that you include yourself ("were") among the "smart" people in southwest Louisiana.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:32 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Katrina was just as intense as Rita and about 3 times bigger. Rita affected 2 or 3 Louisiana coastal parishes...Katrina hit 3 states. If you think Katrina only did damage in Chocolate City...you should'a drove across Washington Parish the next day. And we're 150 miles from landfall....not on the coast.

Interesting that you include yourself ("were") among the "smart" people in southwest Louisiana.
And Rita smashed from bay town to Vermillion bay

O you didn't see that on CNN sorry we
Old 06-24-2012, 06:52 PM
Great White

Katrina would have left little impact on New Orleans had it's surge not stressed the levee system.

Total damage estimates:

Rita - $12 billion
Katrina - $120 billion +

We had sustained winds of 80-90 mph here for 8-9 hours and, like I said, we ain't nowhere near the coast.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:04 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Katrina would have left little impact on New Orleans had it's surge not stressed the levee system.

Total damage estimates:

Rita - $12 billion
Katrina - $120 billion +

We had sustained winds of 80-90 mph here for 8-9 hours and, like I said, we ain't nowhere near the coast.

Lmao. Do u know why Katrina cost 120billion one word FEMA

Do you know how much money was giving out to re located the animals from Zoo to zoo

You take out the wasted money just on New Orleans and your less than 10billion

Do you really know what it cost us tax payers to relocate the zoo
Old 06-24-2012, 07:08 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

My family's vacation home in ft Myers is gettin pounded with rain and tornado watch right now . Kori just got to destin n said the surf is up high as ****
Old 06-24-2012, 07:09 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Here is your money Salty....thanks you have a great day
Here’s a pop quiz: How much money has Uncle Sam spent on New Orleans and the Gulf region since Hurricane Katrina ripped the place apart?
I’ll give you the answer because you’ll never guess it. The grand total is $127 billion (including tax relief).

That’s right: a monstrous $127 billion. Of course, not a single media story has highlighted this gargantuan government-spending figure. But that number came straight from the White House in a fact sheet subtitled, “The Federal Government Is Fulfilling Its Commitment to Help the People of the Gulf Coast Rebuild.”

Huh?

This is an outrage. The entire GDP of the state of Louisiana is only $141 billion, according to the U.S. Department of Commerce. So the cash spent there nearly matches the entire state gross GDP. That’s simply unbelievable. And to make matters worse, by all accounts New Orleans ain’t even fixed!

You might be asking, Where in the hell did all this money go? Well, the White House fact sheet says $24 billion has been used to build houses and schools, repair damaged infrastructure, and provide victims with a place to live. But isn’t everyone complaining about the lack of housing?

Perhaps all this money should’ve been directly deposited in the bank accounts of the 300,000 people living in New Orleans. All divvied up, that $127 billion would come to $425,000 per person! After thanking Uncle Sam for their sudden windfall, residents could head to Southern California and buy homes that are now on sale thanks to the sub-prime mortgage crisis and bid up the sagging house prices in the state.

The fact sheet goes on to say that $7.1 billion went to the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers to rebuild the levees; that the U.S. Department of Education spent $2 billion on local schools; and that the Laura Bush Foundation for America’s Libraries has awarded more than $2.5 million (the pikers). The administration also provided $16.7 billion as part of the largest housing-recovery program in U.S. history.

So the billion-dollar question becomes: Where did the rest of that money go?

Meanwhile, according to an article by Nicole Gelinas at the Manhattan Institute, New Orleans has earned the distinct honor of becoming the murder capital of the world. The murder rate is 40 percent higher than before Katrina, and twice as high as other dangerous cities like Detroit, Newark, and Washington, D.C.

Think of this: The idea of using federal money to rebuild cities is the quintessential liberal vision. And given the dreadful results in New Orleans, we can say that the government’s $127 billion check represents the quintessential failure of that liberal vision. Hillary Clinton calls this sort of reckless spending “government investment.” And that’s just what’s in store for America if she wins the White House next year.

Remember President Reagan’s line during the 1980 campaign about how LBJ fought a big-government spending war against poverty, and poverty won? Well think of all this Katrina spending as the Great Society Redux. And it failed. I suppose the current Bush administration would like to label this “compassionate conservatism.” But guess what? That failed, too.

Right from the start, New Orleans should have been turned into a tax-free enterprise zone. No income taxes, no corporate taxes, no capital-gains taxes. The only tax would have been a sales tax paid on direct transactions. A tax-free New Orleans would have attracted tens of billions of dollars in business and real-estate investment. This in turn would have helped rebuild the cities, schools, and hospitals. Private-sector entrepreneurs would have succeeded where big-government bureaucrats and regulators have so abysmally failed.

This is the real New Orleans Katrina story. It’s a pity that the mainstream media isn’t writing about it. Call it one of the greatest stories never told.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:10 PM
Super Moderator

Cash: 18,470

I hope she doesn't try surfing.

The undertow is probably crazy bad right now.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:11 PM
Great White

Quote:
Lmao. Do u know why Katrina cost 120billion one word FEMA

Do you know how much money was giving out to re located the animals from Zoo to zoo

You take out the wasted money just on New Orleans and your less than 10billion

Do you really know what it cost us tax payers to relocate the zoo
Yeah, I'm sure you're right. "10 billion" would cover it. St. Tammany Parish alone was almost $6 billion, so, yeah...."10 billion" should cover it.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:28 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinpox View Post
My family's vacation home in ft Myers is gettin pounded with rain and tornado watch right now . Kori just got to destin n said the surf is up high as ****
Blame Waltrip. He posted on the interweb that it was going to Tejas.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:40 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 565
Default Clueless

Quote:

Hurricane Rita highest recorded storm surge 14.9 feet Constance Beach LA Hurricane Katrina highest storm surge 27.8 Pass Christian Mississippi, Rita was a thunderstorm compared to Katrina get your facts straight.

Last edited by specknation; 06-24-2012 at 08:00 PM.
Old 06-24-2012, 07:43 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 565

W if the east side of the state is the welfare side, do me a favor and stay on your side of the state to work. LOL
Old 06-24-2012, 07:47 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 613

My sister-in-law, niece, and nephew are headed that direction too. Praying it dies down although I would love to have the rain from it
Old 06-24-2012, 08:28 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by specknation View Post
W if the east side of the state is the welfare side, do me a favor and stay on your side of the state to work. LOL

Old 06-24-2012, 08:31 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by specknation View Post
Somebody has too build chocolate city back up