SaltyCajun.com http://www.braggingbadges.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 04-11-2014, 07:35 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,569

You think a shipping company is going to eat our cost for maintaining our channel? It gets paid by the industry using the channel... You think there is a toll bucket at the jetties for that ship coming from overseas for them to drop their coin in... You are having a hard time comprehending all of this maybe... The operations and payments of cargo liners shipping for the port of LC may be different. That is not the same as the industry.
I never said I meant to say, all industry pays for dredging between the red and green. If ConocoPhillips, Citgo, ppg and the rest of the industry using the channel shut down the channel would be left to be kept clear by the shipping companies using the port? Why are you so argumentative about this? I don't care what you believe, I know what I know, believe what you want.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-11-2014, 07:57 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-TOP View Post
You think a shipping company is going to eat our cost for maintaining our channel? It gets paid by the industry using the channel... You think there is a toll bucket at the jetties for that ship coming from overseas for them to drop their coin in... You are having a hard time comprehending all of this maybe... The operations and payments of cargo liners shipping for the port of LC may be different. That is not the same as the industry.
I never said I meant to say, all industry pays for dredging between the red and green. If ConocoPhillips, Citgo, ppg and the rest of the industry using the channel shut down the channel would be left to be kept clear by the shipping companies using the port? Why are you so argumentative about this? I don't care what you believe, I know what I know, believe what you want.

Mad mad mad
Old 04-11-2014, 08:00 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,569

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
Mad mad mad

Nope, not me buddy.

Old 04-11-2014, 09:38 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Soo Raymond

Simple Yes or No question

Does the the CCA have right now a plan or action to stop dredging or start reseeding of oysters?? Right Now
I think I saw Raymond hiding in the bushes with his tail between his legs and mumbling to himself
Old 04-11-2014, 12:52 PM
Redfish

Cash: -239

Raymond can you answer w's legitimate question? If you or the cca cannot answer any honest questions why would y'all expect us to support your organization? Please answer w's question then you can answer the others.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
Old 04-11-2014, 01:10 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
Soo Raymond

Simple Yes or No question

Does the the CCA have right now a plan or action to stop dredging or start reseeding of oysters?? Right Now
Nope, your representative will not support it. Why not ask him why and let us know.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:26 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
Nope, your representative will not support it. Why not ask him why and let us know.
if it depends on us to get our representative to support it then what is the point of your existence? and if you don't know why he doesn't support it then you have no idea how to get him to support so once again it comes right back to "what is the point of your existence again?"

its YOUR job to talk him into supporting it, not ours, otherwise we don't need you if you cant do your job, that's why we give you money, not to have good times with it and promote yourselves. you have been living off of the dead carcass of the gill net ban that had wide spread universal support across the whole spectrum of people who fish recreationally or commercially but "what have you done lately" literally?

I don't see CCA doing ANYTHING at election time "making" these politicians positions on these things well known so they can be held accountable. I haven ever seen a single flier or commercial during election time calling out these politicians for their positions on things. if you don't embaress them and call attention to it they have no reason to take you seriously or care what you say because they pay no price for hoping in bed with the special interest lobby groups. people don't like greedy politicians being bought and paid for and a large portion of the non sportsman voting public WILL change their votes over such info but ONLY if its made known.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:41 PM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,319

Quote:
Originally Posted by keakar View Post
if it depends on us to get our representative to support it then what is the point of your existence? and if you don't know why he doesn't support it then you have no idea how to get him to support so once again it comes right back to "what is the point of your existence again?"

its YOUR job to talk him into supporting it, not ours, otherwise we don't need you if you cant do your job, that's why we give you money, not to have good times with it and promote yourselves. you have been living off of the dead carcass of the gill net ban that had wide spread universal support across the whole spectrum of people who fish recreationally or commercially but "what have you done lately" literally?

I don't see CCA doing ANYTHING at election time "making" these politicians positions on these things well known so they can be held accountable. I haven ever seen a single flier or commercial during election time calling out these politicians for their positions on things. if you don't embaress them and call attention to it they have no reason to take you seriously or care what you say because they pay no price for hoping in bed with the special interest lobby groups. people don't like greedy politicians being bought and paid for and a large portion of the non sportsman voting public WILL change their votes over such info but ONLY if its made known.
Totally disagree with you not contacting YOUR rep. They want to hear from their constituents, not organizations. Believe me.

If not, why would the NRA, AARP, and others contact their membership to contact their reps on important issues. This isn't aimed at CCA. Any organization works this way.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:49 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raymond View Post
And NO balls by the CCA

.... No fight No balls
Old 04-11-2014, 04:52 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchief View Post
Totally disagree with you not contacting YOUR rep. They want to hear from their constituents, not organizations. Believe me.

If not, why would the NRA, AARP, and others contact their membership to contact their reps on important issues. This isn't aimed at CCA. Any organization works this way.
us contacting them ONLY has any impact behind it IF the CCA is already burning their ears over it and our contacting them confirms the organizations supporters stand behind them.

when CCA isn't in the room they show they just don't care and THATS why the organization is laughed at in political circles because they know you no longer support the best interests of the majority of your membership and therefore don't have their support or votes behind you anymore.
Old 04-11-2014, 05:55 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Like i said ,If fishermen boycotted the star for a year or two. CCA La, would fold,
Old 04-11-2014, 08:25 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,749

yea the hell with dem oysters we makin rain boats n trucks for the STAR!!

Sent from an Apple Tree..
Old 04-11-2014, 08:57 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 569

Agree! Lake Pontchatrain use to look like a big cup of coffee when the were dredging for shells killing everything just for some shell driveways and roads. Ya'll better jump on it quick Big lake isn't big enough for oyster dredging its not like the Breton sound area and other areas open to the gulf. Trout fishing put that Lake on the map not Oysters.
Old 04-14-2014, 07:02 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

http://kplcblogs.typepad.com/hotbutt...p-channel.html
Old 04-14-2014, 07:34 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,347

i just started a page on facebook called Boycott the S.T.A.R

yall go join it and spread the word!
Old 04-14-2014, 11:19 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,038

That article indicates the channel dredging is funded 50% by federal dollars and the other 50% depends on the state legislature. No private funds?
Old 05-07-2014, 08:56 AM
Sand Trout

Cash: 574
Default Big Lake , How bad can it get?

Todays Lake Charles American Press fishing report. "Capt Kevin Broussard, Worse Ive seen in 20 years", Having fished and guided on Big Lake for over 40 years, is the worse Ive ever seen.
Think combination of a number of reasons
1 Weirs, Little to no bait in system
2 Oyster Dredging, reefs Ive fished for years gone
3 Erosion of ship channel, I remember when 9 mile was 75 years wide, there were 2 more islands south and the washout was 200 years wide
4 Pressure,
Without another storm to breech the levies,which nobody wants, I can't see any improvement coming our way
Old 05-07-2014, 09:29 AM
Flounder

Cash: 712

What is the difference between the marsh on the east side of Sabine lake and the east side of big lake?
Old 05-07-2014, 11:49 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hewes View Post
What is the difference between the marsh on the east side of Sabine lake and the east side of big lake?
Duck hunters with money
Old 05-07-2014, 12:13 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

couple pounds of dynamite should take care of the weirs