SaltyCajun.com http://www.gclendingservices.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 08-21-2017, 02:43 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,174
Default 8/19 Big Lake Afternoon Trip

Tide has been falling really hard in the afternoon and keeping the south end of the channel dirty. Went fishing Sat afternoon started to get on a bite near the wash out and the wind picked up suddenly out of the west and it was over. Bounced around long point, juniors never really got on them. My son and I ended up with five trout and a red. Ladyfish are thick this year.

Went night fishing Friday and Saturday from a pier in the channel water was really dirty. I think we had 12 on Friday at two on Sat.

We used live shrimp for both.

I taught my 11 year old how to drive the boat and enjoyed our time on the water.
Old 08-21-2017, 03:53 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,486

thanks for report. Cruising and fished a little saturday evening and noticed the same, tide moving out pretty hard and dirty water from turners on up.
Has calc pt been having live shrimp? Spicers is consistently out of them it seems, and I don't know the protocol on when its alright to pull up to a shrimp boat to trade beer for bait. If their nets arent out, is it ok to cruise on over to them, or what is a good radio channel to catch them on?
Old 08-21-2017, 04:24 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 6,228

Last time I tried they said they not allowed to handle money on the water or some crap like that. cal point had shrimp Saturday afternoon and sunday morning. ship channel looked great all the way down sunday morning but started to dirty up by mid day
Old 08-22-2017, 12:34 PM
Redfish

Cash: 773

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahlangle View Post
thanks for report. Cruising and fished a little saturday evening and noticed the same, tide moving out pretty hard and dirty water from turners on up.
Has calc pt been having live shrimp? Spicers is consistently out of them it seems, and I don't know the protocol on when its alright to pull up to a shrimp boat to trade beer for bait. If their nets arent out, is it ok to cruise on over to them, or what is a good radio channel to catch them on?
They will not sell to you on the water. Crabbers won't either. Cast net or artificial is the way to go. Save a bunch of money and catch just as well.
Old 08-22-2017, 01:45 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,486

Quote:
Originally Posted by neverenuf View Post
They will not sell to you on the water. Crabbers won't either. Cast net or artificial is the way to go. Save a bunch of money and catch just as well.
So how do you usually find the shrimp to catch with a cast net?