SaltyCajun.com lake Area Marine

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 02-28-2015, 03:44 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,074
Default Last Month and a Half

It's been a while since I posted a report so I figured I drop you guys a line. It's not that I haven't been fishing. I've been out of work nearly 2 months so fishings what I have been doing. Truth is there hasn't been a whole lot good to report. With the exception of 2 or 3 trips, the bay has been pretty awful since the end of December. Spots that were holding big schools of redfish dried up pretty quick as soon as the water temps dropped. Made a few trips to Big Lake and slammed them at the weirs but thats about as newsworthy as one of Justin Beiber's new tattoos. Fished last weekend before the front and managed to pick up a 10 reds on Saturday and 4 or 5 on Sunday. Caught them on a variety of lures with most productive being Matrix Tigerbait on a spinner or purple and chartruse baby bull minnow tipped with a shrimp under a cork. The front was not supposed to hit until sundown on Sunday but I think it landed early. Once the pressure started rising lockjaw set in quick. The 10 we caught on Saturday were barely legal ranging from 16 to 18 inches and caught them all in the same spot in about 45 min. Fished the same spot on Sunday and couldn't buy a fish. The water on the southwest end of the Bay was beautiful and salty but the fish weren't interested. Water temp hit 62 deg by the end of the day but we didn't land a fish after lunch. Took my brother and a buddy's 10 year old little boy and had a good time. My brother had enough around 1 and was ready to go in which just about broke little mans heart. I couldn't do that to one of my best fishing partners so we dropped my brother up off the Vermilion and made his girlfriend pick him up. Fished the rest of the day without a bite but heard no complaints Logan. That kid is as hardcore as any man I have hunted or fished with. Cheerful in all weathers. Never shirks a task. Splendid behavior. Saw a group of pigs out in the marsh which is what the last pic is of. My camera is zoomed in all the way so they are blurry. They were about 500 yards out. Looked at them threw the bino's and they were all huge 300 or 400 lbs each, big nasty's. Logan and I are going to hit them again this morning, I will let you know what we do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rm_L0sCAhm8
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Logan1.jpg (44.9 KB, 593 views)
File Type: jpg Logan2.jpg (30.0 KB, 594 views)
File Type: jpg logan3.jpg (60.3 KB, 594 views)
File Type: jpg logan4.jpg (43.8 KB, 595 views)
File Type: jpg Logan5.jpg (25.1 KB, 595 views)
Old 02-28-2015, 04:07 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,710

Good report! Thanks what day/date did you catch the reds
Old 02-28-2015, 05:06 AM
Tripletail

Caught a limits on Feb 14th and 21st. Caught 4 Feb 22. Every other trip (5 or 6 total) No more that 3 fish. Busted 2.
Old 02-28-2015, 08:55 AM
Redfish

Cash: 758

Just to get out of the house yesterday, drove to the boat landing @ Cypromort Point with only 4 commercial pickups with empty trailers on the parking lot. Water clarity @ 2 out of 10, not good.
Old 02-28-2015, 10:59 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,679

Nice so ready for spring and summer to get here.
Old 02-28-2015, 09:05 PM
Tripletail

Water looked like pelican vomit just about every where I went in the bay today. Didn't get a bite. Found some fishable water in Bayou Michel but no fish. I hope we don't have a repeat of last winter, this cold weather nonsense needs to end soon.
Old 02-28-2015, 09:16 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 964

Kind of off topic but what model gopro is that your using?
Old 02-28-2015, 11:31 PM
Tripletail

Sony Action Cam. I went with the sony because my conventional camera is a sony and I can use the same app on my phone. I like it. Shoots in 1080 60fps. Has a cool infrared remote. Picked it up on an open box deal for 175$. I definitely would recommend it.
Old 03-01-2015, 07:54 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 748

Looks like the youngin had fun!!

How's that Cape Bay been?? Looks stable as hell.
Old 03-01-2015, 08:16 PM
Ling

Cash: 1,750

Good to hear the vb reports marque. You need to fish out pl area I heards they were catching few I n that area. I head back to work Tuesday.good luck.
Old 03-02-2015, 08:59 AM
Redfish

Cash: 581

Thanks for the report Marque. Love those slot reds. I've had nothing but bulls the last two times out.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:48 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperDave View Post
Looks like the youngin had fun!!

How's that Cape Bay been?? Looks stable as hell.
My boat is a Tank. Excels in the stacked chop I have to go through most of the time. Storage on that think is impressive. Could not be happier with the boat.
Old 03-02-2015, 10:49 AM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by legallimits View Post
Thanks for the report Marque. Love those slot reds. I've had nothing but bulls the last two times out.
Wish I could have got my little buddy on some bulls but couldn't find any willing to make his day.