SaltyCajun.com http://www.acadianamarina.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 01-30-2013, 05:00 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,326

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchief View Post
Does LSU supply the helmet protectors for the flashover?
We had the Departments Supply tin foil to cover the helmets.
We did multiple burns in St Landry and Acadia parish this passed December and we were able to get multiple "flashes" for each group without it being unbearably hot. We are not allowed to see how " hot" we can get it anymore...lol... I used a Cairns 1010 from My VFD and didn't have it wrapped and didn't melt it. Now my SCBA mask didn't fare as well. But I guess I had that Moth effect when we saw fire..
Old 01-30-2013, 05:05 PM
Redfish

Cash: 809

Do not allow one negative interaction inhibit your desire to help....There is nothing he could have charged you with....at all...You were, IN FACT, covered by the good samaritan act...You don't need to worry about that, as it is apparent you have very little knowlege and no organized training at this time. You have a desire to help and in the absence of trained individuals, I would welcome you to do whatever you could to help me or my family...That comment he made to you is a fine example of what is wrong with the world today. If you have someone's best interest at heart and have the desire to help, definately do that and persue formal training from your local volunteer fire dept. That is how I got my start and I'm sure FFF and others as well. We need more people that want to help...The mere fact that you said she was dazed and confused means that you had what is called implied consent...Keeping someone's c-spine in place manually until help arrives, stopping any major bleeding, keeping the person warm and someone to talk to, to maintain consiousness is more than enough on most occasions...Kudos to Acadian for encouraging and re-stocking you...Life and limb are to be handled first before preservation of any accident investigation. He was probably a shiney new boot that hasn't been on the street long...He too will get over it, especially if/when he rolls that suburban late one night and some guy comes to help him out...Trust me, he won't care what class you had been to or what certification you held, the fact that someone was there with him, when he needed them, will be all that matters...He's got a little seasoning yet to do!
Old 01-30-2013, 05:28 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,534

Thanks Frank. I dont mind helping, just dont want to get arrested for being a good person trying to help out a little. Now if they would give me my flare I used (only thought it was necessary because of the road). Its about 4 "s" curves marked at 35mph. No straight away's, just left, right, left, right, left, right, etc. Its a bad curve and people take them 60,70,80+ all the time. This lady was under the speed limit (which is 55) because I was doing just under 50 when I seen her start rolling (and I was gaining on her a little). I told her, "next time, hit the damn deer, it aint worth dying over". She was in good spirits. I did keep "c-spine" in place until more help arrived. More good sumaritans, which turned out to be her mother, father and daughter, of all people was behind me after she flipped. Had dad hold c-spine while I attended her compound open fracture (im assuming this is the correct term) since her arm was broken in half and bone sticking out. Like I said, I splinted it as best I knew how until EMS got there. Felt good to get an "attaboy" from EMS for the splint job. Only part I felt bad about was not giving her a cigarette. I told her she would get one at the ER later.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:48 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchief View Post
Suspension for destroying dept property
Them LSU boys know how to light a fire in their box!!!! My portable was my fault though. I didn't have it secured and dropped it in a large hay fire.... It didn't make it.
Old 01-30-2013, 06:54 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Well, keep a pack of smokes with you from now on! LOL I was hit by a car on my crotch rocket in 2000 and, it was the first thing I asked for after making sure my arms and legs hadn't "traded places" from the force of the impact!

BTW, it was good samaritans that were first on the scene to help me. I would love to remember who they were and shake their hands for keeping me from losing my mind! I can testify as to how comforting it is to hear words, even from a stranger, when two seconds prior you thought you were as good as dead.

My hat is off to you and, keep up the good work. You've got my number if ya ever need bail $ for helping a fellow citizen!