SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 08-09-2015, 06:47 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
I understand the law but you ask a person to not carry for their own safety? I don't understand that. I carry for my own safety. I don't trust anyone else to do the job for me or my family. I understand the church has policies and maybe that's why I don't go to any? You and your team are probably very good shooters and if so shouldn't they know who the bad guy is?
The problem is not the security team knowing who the bad guy is . It's the member who is illegally carrying at church not knowing who all is on the security team. SHTF and all that guy sees is weapons he doesn't know good from Bad.
Old 08-09-2015, 07:08 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 4,521

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
The problem is not the security team knowing who the bad guy is . It's the member who is illegally carrying at church not knowing who all is on the security team. SHTF and all that guy sees is weapons he doesn't know good from Bad.
Very true. If something happens its important to know who the good guys are. We try to get together on a fairly regular basis so we all know each other and where we are positioned in the building.
Old 08-09-2015, 07:08 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
The problem is not the security team knowing who the bad guy is . It's the member who is illegally carrying at church not knowing who all is on the security
team. SHTF and all that guy sees is weapons he doesn't know good from Bad.
Valid point. Maybe a meeting with the pastor and security team would be advised? Open carry and it's not illegal unless you are asked to leave and refuse. I mean what church would ask a law abiding man to leave a house of God? Surely no Christian would do that.
Old 08-09-2015, 09:44 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 909

If you are going to be in Baton Rouge, we are only a couple miles from LSP headquarters and have custom kydex holsters made locally. We might have one in stock for you gun, but if not we can ship it to you. My store is Ferrara Firearms and the address is 1543 Delplaza dr, Suite 2, Baton Rouge, LA 70815. If you have trouble finding us you can call 225-224-2444
Old 08-09-2015, 09:52 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,813

Quote:
Originally Posted by meat killer 86 View Post
Did mine 4 days ago. Didn't have to drive to baton rouge. Just did mine at the local sheriff's office. Mailing stuff in tomorrow.
Yeah, you don't have to go to BR. The instructors told us that if you do take your stuff to the State Troopers Headquarters in BR, it gets done much faster than mailing it or doing it online.
Old 08-09-2015, 09:55 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcinnick View Post
If you are going to be in Baton Rouge, we are only a couple miles from LSP headquarters and have custom kydex holsters made locally. We might have one in stock for you gun, but if not we can ship it to you. My store is Ferrara Firearms and the address is 1543 Delplaza dr, Suite 2, Baton Rouge, LA 70815. If you have trouble finding us you can call 225-224-2444
Awesome man. I'll swing by for sure. I'll give you a call before I go. It won't be this week for sure though. My wife is pregnant and was due this past Friday. We are scheduled to induce Tuesday morning so I won't be able to head that way until later next week sometime.
Old 08-09-2015, 09:58 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
Valid point. Maybe a meeting with the pastor and security team would be advised? Open carry and it's not illegal unless you are asked to leave and refuse. I mean what church would ask a law abiding man to leave a house of God? Surely no Christian would do that.
CC and OC is illegal in a church unless you have permission from the head honcho.
reverend , pastor , priest etc,
Old 08-09-2015, 10:01 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcinnick View Post
I tried to do business w/ your place last year . had a cabinet full of 22 ammo but i couldn't buy any unless i bought a weapon from you.
You lost me and mine for that one.
Old 08-09-2015, 10:04 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,734

Quote:
I tried to do business w/ your place last year . had a cabinet full of 22 ammo but i couldn't buy any unless i bought a weapon from you.
You lost me and mine for that one.

BOOOOOO
Old 08-09-2015, 10:04 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjhooper82 View Post
Yeah, you don't have to go to BR. The instructors told us that if you do take your stuff to the State Troopers Headquarters in BR, it gets done much faster than mailing it or doing it online.
It is faster and if you get prints done at another site and they send them in and one print is bad it gets kicked back to be redone. if you go to LSP and get printed they can make sure its all good before you leave.
Old 08-09-2015, 10:06 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
the last time I had to get mine took over 5 months mailing it in. Not sure how much quicker walking it in would be, was told its just simply due to back logged
Old 08-09-2015, 10:08 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty f View Post
the last time I had to get mine took over 5 months mailing it in. Not sure how much quicker walking it in would be, was told its just simply due to back logged
try 30 - 40 days
Old 08-09-2015, 10:21 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by marty f View Post
According to those instructors, they have herd it done in a little as two weeks. But they also said not to expect that because of the recent Lafayette theatre shooting that there has been a big spike in people getting their permits.
Old 08-09-2015, 11:24 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,343

I did mine at LSP headquarters and received it in two weeks. I was shocked.
Old 08-10-2015, 06:43 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
CC and OC is illegal in a church unless you have permission from the head honcho.
reverend , pastor , priest etc,
You really didn't read what I wrote did you? Meet with pastor and security team. Pretty straight forward.
Only breaking the law if asked to leave and refuse. If not asked to leave it would be resoanable to say you have permission wouldn't you think?
Old 08-10-2015, 07:04 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Biggest thread derailment in a while
Old 08-10-2015, 07:27 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 713

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogface View Post
Not sure what Cajun C meant and don't want to speak for him but I do know that if something happened in a church and someone with a CCL was involved and he didn't attend the required 8 hour course he would be in trouble. Maybe that's what he meant by "for their safety".

Dog: That's one facet of the problem. The other facet is that when you are attempting to stop an active shooter, you know your team members, some John Wayne stands up with a gun, he immediately becomes the target. The same way when SWAT shows up during a search for a shooter. We, as a Security Team KNOW we will be put on the ground. To SWAT, anyone with a gun is a perp and will kiss the carpet and get cuffed.
Our job is to stop the shooting ONLY. It is not our job to apprehend anyone. We are basically trying to corner the perp where he can take no lives while the church is evacuated. That's why we practice so much in our church. We need to know every crack and crevice and how to clear the rooms that make up the maze. If we can apprehend, great, it not, reduce his body count.
Say what anyone wants, if you show up at our church with open carry, you will be asked to either put your gun in the car, if you refuse, you will be asked to leave, it's not up for debate. If you show up CC and we discover it and you are not on the team, same thing. If that offends you, well you are just offended. We have rules and laws, our church is PRIVATE PROPERTY, we have a right to say who can and cannot carry weapons inside, just like any other business.
AND, you walk in breaking the law and want us to ignore it, even though it can get you or someone else killed.
That is and always has been a hot topic when I train Churches. A Pastor does a great disservice to his security team if he allows non-team members to carry in church.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:36 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
According to those instructors, they have herd it done in a little as two weeks. But they also said not to expect that because of the recent Lafayette theatre shooting that there has been a big spike in people getting their permits.
Quote:
try 30 - 40 days
WOW!!

good deal!! They must have hired someone to help out
Old 08-10-2015, 07:48 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunChristian View Post
Dog: That's one facet of the problem. The other facet is that when you are attempting to stop an active shooter, you know your team members, some John Wayne stands up with a gun, he immediately becomes the target. The same way when SWAT shows up during a search for a shooter. We, as a Security Team KNOW we will be put on the ground. To SWAT, anyone with a gun is a perp and will kiss the carpet and get cuffed.
Our job is to stop the shooting ONLY. It is not our job to apprehend anyone. We are basically trying to corner the perp where he can take no lives while the church is evacuated. That's why we practice so much in our church. We need to know every crack and crevice and how to clear the rooms that make up the maze. If we can apprehend, great, it not, reduce his body count.
Say what anyone wants, if you show up at our church with open carry, you will be asked to either put your gun in the car, if you refuse, you will be asked to leave, it's not up for debate. If you show up CC and we discover it and you are not on the team, same thing. If that offends you, well you are just offended. We have rules and laws, our church is PRIVATE PROPERTY, we have a right to say who can and cannot carry weapons inside, just like any other business.
AND, you walk in breaking the law and want us to ignore it, even though it can get you or someone else killed.
That is and always has been a hot topic when I train Churches. A Pastor does a great disservice to his security team if he allows non-team members to carry in church.
And the church is perfectly within their rights to ask someone to disarm or leave. I didn't read where anyone disagreed with that. It's private property and anyone can be asked to leave for any reason. Churches being gun free is one of the many reasons I don't attend one.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:05 AM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunChristian View Post
Dog:some John Wayne stands up with a gun, he immediately becomes the target. .
I can understand Cajuns point here. Id say 90%+ of CC holders are immensely under trained for the power they posses. In a church, theater or where ever trying to be a hero will get you killed. Hiding and eluding is surviving, as well is situational awareness. Call me paranoid, but I watch everyone like a hawk, I NEVER let anyone on my back side, and my weapon side is always away from people. Even at wally world in line at check out, I stand sideways, back against the isle.

I intentionally avoid places I can not carry. I have only been asked once about my CC in a public place. I was actually surprised, because my carry is rather very concealed, Another patron caught a glimps of my CC when we were being seated to eat. Funny thing about it was they waited to say something to the management until after they were finished eating and were leaving.

I have found that "GUN FREE ZONES" are indeed a sweet spot for most of the low life cowards, hard to dispute that. I avoid gun free zones, part of my daily staying alive protocol so to speak. There are bad people out there, and you have no clue who they are.