SaltyCajun.com http://www.mkacpas.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 07-14-2011, 08:52 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: -189

Some days you just gotta have it over here...I've been at multiple well heads or rigs where I could see thousands of trout beneath the surface just killing shrimp and threw every bait in the box at em but nothing and throw dead shrimp still nothing then hung 75 trout in a hour on live shrimp....I don't use live bait until it's absolutely the last resort but that sound is alot further run than big lake and I'll be damned if 100+ on gas is ever gonna go to waist....
Old 07-14-2011, 09:22 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,242

I prefer artificial 10-1 over live bait. I won't say it takes more talent to use artificial but I guarantee it takes more patience. I'd rather throw plastic all day and not catch shat than be unhooking hardheads all day. To each his own...
Old 07-14-2011, 09:23 PM
Ling

Cash: 8,577

To catch fish, one must learn.....You have to crawl before you walk......Then a A REAL deer hunter doesnt put out CORN...TRY ART. CORN....CLETUS....
Old 07-14-2011, 09:40 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

Quote:
Originally Posted by inchspinner View Post
To catch fish, one must learn.....You have to crawl before you walk......Then a A REAL deer hunter doesnt put out CORN...TRY ART. CORN....CLETUS....
Haha artifical corn lmao!!!
Old 07-14-2011, 09:47 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,477

Quote:
Originally Posted by inchspinner View Post
I don't put out corn either learn how to fish & learn how to hunt!!!
Old 07-14-2011, 10:41 PM
Ling

Cash: 8,577

Quote:
Originally Posted by wtretrievers View Post
I don't put out corn either learn how to fish & learn how to hunt!!!
Well there you have it, and im with HUSTLA, If have friends with kids, or its the last resort ill use them ill buy them on the way out incase they dont want my bait they can have some of their own...I only get to fish about once maybe twice a week so dropping 75 in gas...Im coming home with something...Went cast netting one time in Grand Chenier and didnt catch squat, what did i do hit up a Dyson friend and went and got some...lol...
Old 07-14-2011, 11:32 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

I will get in the boat w/ anyone in GI and let you go wherever you want and throw your arties. I wont fish till you catch your first 3 and i promise that i will out fish you once i start throwing live shrimp.
Done it to many times . Pulled up next to someone catching on plastic and as soon as the shrimp hit the water their bite is over
Old 07-14-2011, 11:46 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
I will get in the boat w/ anyone in GI and let you go wherever you want and throw your arties. I wont fish till you catch your first 3 and i promise that i will out fish you once i start throwing live shrimp.
Done it to many times . Pulled up next to someone catching on plastic and as soon as the shrimp hit the water their bite is over
no doubt about it
Old 07-15-2011, 12:06 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

That makes 2 confused Bob's ........queastion wasn't who catche's more. Its who's the better fisherman
Old 07-15-2011, 12:14 AM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

Cash: 5,913

I like to throw artificial, live bait cost too much unless you catch it yourself, plus if you learn what to throw in certain conditions you can have better success, I'll swap from using plastics to throwing hardbaits like a sinking twitchbait, or a surface walker when the conditions change, it works with bass fishing too, if the wind picks up and it blowing I usually throw a spinnerbait around structure, if the wind is light and I'm having to finesse fish I throw a soft plastic, If its summer and I'm trying to catch fish in deeper water I use a crank baits or I drop a carolina rig. I try to remember conditions and what lure or technique caught fish so I can use that as a future reference.
Old 07-15-2011, 02:25 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,604

Quote:
Originally Posted by LPfishnTIM View Post
I like to throw artificial, live bait cost too much unless you catch it yourself, plus if you learn what to throw in certain conditions you can have better success, I'll swap from using plastics to throwing hardbaits like a sinking twitchbait, or a surface walker when the conditions change, it works with bass fishing too, if the wind picks up and it blowing I usually throw a spinnerbait around structure, if the wind is light and I'm having to finesse fish I throw a soft plastic, If its summer and I'm trying to catch fish in deeper water I use a crank baits or I drop a carolina rig. I try to remember conditions and what lure or technique caught fish so I can use that as a future reference.
Start keeping a log of your fishing trips just started doin that and it will def make next summer a little easier for me
Old 07-15-2011, 04:02 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 632

if i win the starr with REAL bait do i win the boat...........ummm yes suhhhhh...but art. takes more skill.....take that to the bank....and agree....the truth will set you freee...lol.

That is the way Wayne won the starr last year with live bait, fishing at night and he sure came home with the boat.
Old 07-15-2011, 04:41 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,604

Off subject here but tightline were did you get that pic in your avatar? awesome picture have a link?
Old 07-15-2011, 06:16 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

I can out fish live shrimp half the time.... You might catch more fish...as,trash and smaller trout.....if trout are their u can catch them on plastic...
Old 07-15-2011, 06:57 AM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

I have been outfished by live shrimp in Big Lake last year. Boat next to me was catching 4 or 5 to my 1 fish.
But I have been in the boat with live shrimp fishermen and out fished them with artificial, both in Big Lake and in Grand Isle.
I think it all depends on what the fish prefer at that time and how you present the artificial lure.
Last time I went fishing in Grand Isle, I outfished 2 live bait fishermen in the boat with a glow salty grub. The faster I moved it, the more hits I got.
If they are schooling, artificial will get you more fish faster. Artificial fishermen don't have to dig in a live well for bait.
I don't like trash fish, I don't catch near as many as a live bait fisherman.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:45 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

W can't throw a castnet is why he doesn't use live bait

You bash on live baiters and then come out and say you are going to use live mullet? Make up your mind
Old 07-15-2011, 08:17 AM
Flounder

Cash: 683

I think most people start off using live bait and switch to artificials for the sport/ease of it. Not having to mess with trying to locate live bait and keep it alive all day is a pain in the *** sometimes. There is nothing like jumping off in the water waist deep as the sun is popping up chunking topwaters and watching trout blow up the bait...
Old 07-15-2011, 08:18 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
Agreed, my kids fish with me 80% of the time and we use live bait most of the time in the summer. You won't find me doing any of the things that are discussed on this site. We prefer to use artifical bait but live at least in the summer usually keeps my kids on the fish.

Regarding this topic, W and many others are much better fishermen than me, no doubt about it. I catch fish when I go and my kids have a good time, that is all that I am in this for. You guys can call me popping cork chicken or whatever you want to call me. As long as my kids and wife have a good time fishing on the boat I don't care what any of you on this site or on our lake think of my fishing skills.
This is a good post, most the time I have people with me who rarely saltwater fish and just want to catch fish, and don't care what they fish with. They taste the exact same no matter what they are caught on. If I am after redfish, 90% of the time I have a cork and a finger mullet on, and watching that cork go down is pretty dang exciting.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:23 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 685

Ya.. but offshore or inshore??? Still the same then?
Old 07-15-2011, 08:27 AM
Redfish

Cash: 811

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zork View Post
I think most people start off using live bait and switch to artificials for the sport/ease of it. Not having to mess with trying to locate live bait and keep it alive all day is a pain in the *** sometimes. There is nothing like jumping off in the water waist deep as the sun is popping up chunking topwaters and watching trout blow up the bait...

Agree with that.