SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 02-10-2014, 08:43 PM
Redfish

Cash: 869
Question Saltwater fishing , how often to go

How often do you go fishing to keep up with the pattern, tide, and
Fish movement changes ?

I was thinking once every 3rd day from
May to September which can be a time period with fairly consistent weather patterns.
Old 02-10-2014, 08:59 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,439

I go every chance I have once it starts to warm up good. And usually come back with a nice box of fish.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk
Old 02-10-2014, 09:51 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

may to September is good for summer pattern fishing but I catch a lot more fish in the winter patterns from October thru January.

it comes down to the time you want to put in and the patterns you tend to use most but there really is no bad season or time of year to fish and find lots of fish, its just learning how and where to find the fish during the times you fish.

the only times I find fishing to not be the most productive is in the transition periods between winter and summer patterns when fish are on the move.

fish transition from outside waters to inner marsh and when they are doing this transition they are hard to find the patterns and location they are in on any given day unless you just get lucky.

the best way to answer your question is with the notation that it really depends on where you will be fishing and follow the seasonal patterns when the fish are there.

no matter the specifics of where you fish or the season if you want to stay on top of the fish movements and feeding habits I suggest you try to go at least every other week or stay in contact with other fisherman who fish the days when you cant go out.

yes, sometimes there is a lot of lying about the numbers in guide reports because lets face it, they cant say they had a bad day because if you want to hire a guide you call the guy claiming to limit out on every trip and not the guy who says he only catches a limit 3 out of 5 trips. you might like the fact that he is being honest but your first instinct is still to call the other guy.

the reports they give you are great info on how the fishing is because if they don't catch fish they will move to other areas to keep customers happy so while they might stretch the numbers they catch sometimes, they are trying to give you good helpful info in their posts so read them and pay attention to the tips they give you. they are a great bunch of guys just trying to make a living but they also are good guys that don't mind helping you out if you ask nicely.

Last edited by keakar; 02-10-2014 at 10:05 PM.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:19 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,917

During the warm months when I'm not too busy I usually make it out a couple days after work and the weekends, then hunting season comes and I'm too busy to fish..
Old 02-10-2014, 10:19 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

It depends. I drive from BR, so I usually have to plan dates in advance, before I know what the weather will be. We rent a place for a week or two and fish the days and locations that the wind and weather allow. We've learned to take what the day is giving us and have learned to catch fish regardless of tides or other conditions as long as we can be on the water. We're not fish snobs, and we're happy to catch trout, reds, gafftops, sheepshead, drum, etc. Getting on trout consistently is a lot harder than just catching fish. Once you have some experience, you can almost always find redfish.
Old 02-10-2014, 10:25 PM
Flounder

Cash: 671

I try to go as often as I can year round. When it's cold dress for it. Last trip Saturday before last 18 specks 4 reds Ana a fresh water cat
Old 02-11-2014, 08:01 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,460

Just gotta go. Get on the water and fish. Try to pick the best days but sometimes you gotta fish in wind, waves, no tide or dirty water. If you are 2 cast and out then you will never learn a thing. But if you grind in out and hunt for fish like some people hunt deer you will understand more and be able to find more fish when everyone else has empty boxes you will have something to show.
Now I'm not saying fish in mud puddles and hurricanes but if you are going go.
And remember it's not about catching it's about fishing.
Old 02-11-2014, 08:09 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Every time I can.

I don't trust the weatherman either, if I step outside and it's not lightening and thundering, or the wind isn't blowing 30, I'm going to the launch
Old 02-11-2014, 10:05 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,596

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
Every time I can.

I don't trust the weatherman either, if I step outside and it's not lightening and thundering, or the wind isn't blowing 30, I'm going to the launch
Lol.... Sometimes in some tourneys you just gotta say screw it and go fight the weather anyway..... Lol

"Go ahead, share your opinion! I won't cry"
Old 02-11-2014, 10:13 AM
Ling

Cash: 505

To me the absolute best times to fish are from sept-march! when most ppl are hunting and waiting for it to warm up! Less traffic on the water means bigger trout!!! simple as that!
Old 02-11-2014, 07:33 PM
Ling

Cash: 5,600

^^ me too. All tho I do love to hunt my distain for other boats keeps me on the water more than in a tree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk