SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlestackle.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 03-06-2014, 09:16 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Back in the 70's some football coach's did hand out test to players . also gave pain killing injections on the side lines for knee pain. One of the reasons i have trouble walking some days?
Old 03-06-2014, 09:18 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
Unregulated supplementation of what the body produces naturally can be problematic.

Who said anything about unregulated psychedelics? Who said anything about an unregulated society?

I guess you're still claiming that we are calling for no rules on anything, right?

I was sarcastically talking about the government controlling a naturally produced psychedelic (controlling the bodies production that is), yet you jumped all over it like I said it should be a main ingredient in Capri Sun and Gerber products.

Come on MG...

This poll brought to you by Big League Chew bubble gum
Old 03-06-2014, 09:19 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
Back in the 70's some football coach's did hand out test to players . also gave pain killing injections on the side lines for knee pain. One of the reasons i have trouble walking some days?

Nah, lack of magnesium and fish oil along with too much sugar.

Old 03-06-2014, 09:20 PM
Ling

Cash: 5,600

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
Obviously the teacher in your story didn't give the kid marijuana.

And obviously none of us advocate what you are saying, yet you attack as though that was my stance. You are attempting to adjust my posture to a position that favors your stance, just like you adjusted the posture of the article to favor your stance and gather support from folks that lean your direction.

Most won't do their own research, and will fist pump at any instance that can be construed to support current belief tendencies. This is the easy route, but I see through it.

couple of "ad hominems " with a dusting of bifurcation logical fallacies
http://www.logicalfallacies.info/pre...false-dilemma/
Old 03-06-2014, 09:26 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

In other News

A Guy Name Boosie is Free
Old 03-06-2014, 09:28 PM
Ling

Ha ha. I don't know how I made it so long with out him. The shortage of purple drank songs was unbearable.

Spiral Out
Old 03-06-2014, 09:30 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
In other News

A Guy Name Boosie is Free

Miniature, or full size Boosie?

Old 03-06-2014, 09:35 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,275

You know... I have to say that the thought of some 3 year olds smoking some reefer has hit me hard. I think you may be on to something here MG. Those kids came from good family's who would have made sure that they attended and graduated yale & harvard. Such a shame that marijuana has destroyed there lives forever now.

I happened to see another incident that has similar implications... and i believe that I agree now with you on how we should handle these types of things.

A son shooting his own father in cold blood with an evil loaded handgun. Obviously the father is not an idiot for leaving a loaded unsecured handgun within reach of his son... It's certainly the evil gun that is at the center of this... WE MUST AS A NATION repeal the 2nd amendment right away. Idiot father's are in danger from toddlers armed with evil handguns everywhere.

http://www.koco.com/news/oklahomanew...shops/24766126

** on a serious note this is a current event in the news recently, and although i stand by my statement that the dad's not gonna win a nobel prize, i hope and pray that they both are fine.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:41 PM
Redfish

Cash: 837

Being someone that doesn't drink, smoke, and have never done drugs, I hate to see people get hooked and ruin they're lives. I've always been against illicit drugs because of that reason. I'm sure everyone on this forum knows someone that has hit bottom. But, I might be pursuaded to lift a ban, not only on Mjane, but on all drugs, IF and only IF, people that use their freedom to use and abuse whatever drug, substance, physical object they choose to put into their bodies, that they are allowed to suffer the consequences without the federal/state governments using the tax monies to support their rehab, give them food stamps, welfare, assisted housing, or any assistance at all. If someone chooses to do drugs and can still function to support themselves and family, more power to him. To those that try and become hooked and let it ruin their lives, well, thats life, you win a Darwin award.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:47 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by irokcj5 View Post
Being someone that doesn't drink, smoke, and have never done drugs, I hate to see people get hooked and ruin they're lives. I've always been against illicit drugs because of that reason. I'm sure everyone on this forum knows someone that has hit bottom. But, I might be pursuaded to lift a ban, not only on Mjane, but on all drugs, IF and only IF, people that use their freedom to use and abuse whatever drug, substance, physical object they choose to put into their bodies, that they are allowed to suffer the consequences without the federal/state governments using the tax monies to support their rehab, give them food stamps, welfare, assisted housing, or any assistance at all. If someone chooses to do drugs and can still function to support themselves and family, more power to him. To those that try and become hooked and let it ruin their lives, well, thats life, you win a Darwin award.

10-4 ... My brother was strung out on drugs for years and put my parents through living hell

I never so much touch a drug in my life and never plan on it!

I get high on life and addicted to "Winning"
Old 03-06-2014, 09:47 PM
Swordfish

Quote:

^^^^Like^^^^

Old 03-06-2014, 09:49 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 612

you don't have to be a genius to know that legalizing pot has absolutely nothing to do with this story. Period.
Old 03-06-2014, 09:55 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:

Personally i would hope that revenue from drug legalization would at least go in part to educating people of the "REAL" hazards of drugs use. In exactly the same way that a portion of revenue paid for cigarettes is used to educate people on the consequences of abuse.

That's how you solve drug abuse problems in a society. proven structure showing the success in both alcohol and cigarette industries.
Old 03-06-2014, 10:12 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceArcher View Post
Personally i would hope that revenue from drug legalization would at least go in part to educating people of the "REAL" hazards of drugs use. In exactly the same way that a portion of revenue paid for cigarettes is used to educate people on the consequences of abuse.

That's how you solve drug abuse problems in a society. proven structure showing the success in both alcohol and cigarette industries.

The problem with that is those drugs are toxic and addictive and while the taxation helps it doesn't add up to the social cost of those drugs.

Canada did a study on daily MJ smokers and they cost the health care system 20$ a year. While cigs and alcohol users were way way more than that.
Fast food is much more of health risk and social cost than Cannabis but no one is banning cheese burgers. You just know if you eat them everyday you could die much quicker.

Spiral Out
Old 03-06-2014, 10:23 PM
Ling

Correction that's monthly not yearly.

Spiral Out
Old 03-06-2014, 11:11 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clampy View Post
The problem with that is those drugs are toxic and addictive and while the taxation helps it doesn't add up to the social cost of those drugs.

Canada did a study on daily MJ smokers and they cost the health care system 20$ a year. While cigs and alcohol users were way way more than that.
Fast food is much more of health risk and social cost than Cannabis but no one is banning cheese burgers. You just know if you eat them everyday you could die much quicker.

Spiral Out
True... but compromise must be found, and i don't see why a portion of the revenue from the sale of legal cannabis cannot be used to fund educating people that other drugs (crack, cocaine, heroin, meth... etc) do regulary cause serious harm to users and others.

Perhaps i should clarify... because an ad campaign funded by legal MJ sales against MJ would will probably be something along the lines of.... "Dont smoke Pot..... You could get like.... Really hungry, and like... Eat a lot of cheetos."

I'm sorry we have beat this horse so bad i just cant really take this discussion seriously again. Someone just throw a link up to the old thread and say.... see for referance.
Old 03-06-2014, 11:20 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,596

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clampy View Post
this dude here !

i bet you were super fun at parties in college
Remember the redfish tourney when I said the third party slept all day!! It was gooh!!! He was poisoned!!! He is an awesome character in the circle of life! I owe my addiction to buffalo trAce all to him! I love that guy! Ur welcome to pass out on my boat any day casey

"Go ahead, share your opinion! I won't cry"
Old 03-07-2014, 06:40 AM
Swordfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgizzle View Post
Remember the redfish tourney when I said the third party slept all day!! It was gooh!!! He was poisoned!!! He is an awesome character in the circle of life! I owe my addiction to buffalo trAce all to him! I love that guy! Ur welcome to pass out on my boat any day casey

"Go ahead, share your opinion! I won't cry"

Lmao, I wasn't about to ask y'all to take be back to the launch!

Old 03-07-2014, 07:04 AM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceArcher View Post
True... but compromise must be found, and i don't see why a portion of the revenue from the sale of legal cannabis cannot be used to fund educating people that other drugs (crack, cocaine, heroin, meth... etc) do regulary cause serious harm to users and others.

Perhaps i should clarify... because an ad campaign funded by legal MJ sales against MJ would will probably be something along the lines of.... "Dont smoke Pot..... You could get like.... Really hungry, and like... Eat a lot of cheetos."

I'm sorry we have beat this horse so bad i just cant really take this discussion seriously again. Someone just throw a link up to the old thread and say.... see for referance.

You are 100% right.I just thought I would get ahead of this new kinder gentler drug warrior talking point. They say
" for every dollar in tax revenue from cigs we accrue 10$ in social cost "

Well of course you do those things are toxic and addictive.

Spiral Out
Old 03-07-2014, 07:21 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

I get to the 2cnd page and theres a marijuana rehab center ad at the top of the page. Who put that there? Lm ao