SaltyCajun.com http://louisianaofficesystems.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Offshore Fishing Discussion

Offshore Fishing Discussion Discuss everything bluewater from pelagics to reef fish here!

Old 04-16-2014, 10:16 AM
Flounder

Cash: 759
Default offshore Venice LA

The fishing continues to be soild off of venice. The wahoo have mostly moved on although I am sure there are a few stragglers left and the tuna bite has been full on. Where I have been fishing live bait is tough to come by so most of my fish have come on chum and top water poppers. Also got a few trolling divebaits up to about 70 pounds. The blackfin are thick on the inside rigs and that happens to be where I got my biggest yf as well a nice fat 90 pounder about 7 miles offshore.

The topwaters I have been using are the shimano orca and frenzy popper. There were a few days when I could only get bites on the orca and it sucked when I lost the only one I had on the boat.

Have not gotten any yf on the jig this stretch although the blacks were hammering the anteater jigs at the close in rigs.

I did run one overnighter and we got five yf on that trip although not a single one was caught at nice. Only thing we got at night was 8-10 pound blacks.

Really did not do too much bottom fishing this stretch the one day we tried the fish were not biting. Im getting some fiberglass work done to the contender now that I have a weather week off and easter weekend following the bad weather. Hopefully get back after the tuna next week.

The last pic is a bonus of kennedy at her first crawfish boil with Capt Mike she turned four months old last week

Old 04-16-2014, 11:33 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: -514

Nice very nice