SaltyCajun.com http://www.egretbaits.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 07-01-2015, 02:02 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,238

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathGeek View Post
Please cite the LA or US law stating that businesses cannot refuse service based on sexual orientation.

A Jewish, Atheist, or Muslim printer can absolutely refuse to print a Christian Bible or other Christian materials they find objectionable.
You got me, I thought it was considered a protected class. I couldn't find anything from credible direct sources.
Old 07-01-2015, 02:13 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Every time we see a sign saying no guns allowed, we've been denied service for exercising our 2nd amendment rights.
Absolutely. Has happened to me many times. I don't agree with it but it is their right to not allow me in their business while carrying a gun. The flip side of the coin is that it's also my right to spend my money elsewhere and I do.
Old 07-01-2015, 02:18 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt coonassty View Post
so you would be fine is someone would refuse you service because your are christian, male, or presumably white?

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
as a matter of fact yes. I would actually prefer it. Why would i want to give my hard earned money to someone that doesn't like me when i can go just down the road and spend my money with someone who does like me? It's a fairly simple concept.

Quote:
absolutely. Has happened to me many times. I don't agree with it but it is their right to not allow me in their business while carrying a gun. The flip side of the coin is that it's also my right to spend my money elsewhere and i do.

100% correct!
Old 07-01-2015, 02:27 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
You got me, I thought it was considered a protected class. I couldn't find anything from credible direct sources.
The idea of "protected class" has different meanings in different circumstances.

The guarantee of "equal treatment under law" (14th amendment) makes just about anything (other than criminals) a protected class with respect to treatment by governments and courts. But being guaranteed equal treatment by governments and courts is not the same as being guaranteed equal treatment in other circumstances. Private individuals, businesses, service providers, and employers are not bound by the 14th amendment to guarantee equal treatment.

Employment law, housing laws, laws relating to "public accomodations", and contract law are other areas where it is important to recognize "protected classes." However, the protected classes in each case are somewhat different from the protected classes in other cases.

There are many classes recognized under Federal law as protected classes for various purposes (but not all) including: race, color, sex, religion, national origin, pregnancy, citizenship, familial status, veterans, and the disabled.

Exercising one's right to keep and bear arms and one's "right" to a same sex partner are not recognized protected classes.
Old 07-01-2015, 02:34 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,238

OK, we have solved this issue. Everyone agrees gays can marry, but no one should be forced to participate.

What other issues can Salty Cajun solve today?
Old 07-01-2015, 02:40 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,452

Quote:
OK, we have solved this issue. Everyone agrees gays can marry, but no one should be forced to participate.

Can black drum and red drum interbreed, and should it be legal?
Old 07-01-2015, 02:41 PM
Sailfish

Quote:

Climate change anyone? Lm f ao
Old 07-01-2015, 02:42 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,150

Quote:
Can black drum and red drum interbreed, and should it be legal?
Legal as long as the word "marriage" is not tied to said civil union
Old 07-01-2015, 02:42 PM
Sailfish

Saving he world one post at a time.
Old 07-01-2015, 02:43 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Quote:

FINALLY.... Back to the same ole weirs debate.
Old 07-01-2015, 02:55 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
FINALLY.... Back to the same ole weirs debate.
Weirs. Rhyms with queers. Damn we gota start over now.lpl
Old 07-01-2015, 03:04 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,354

://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/dukes-hazzard-dropped-tv-land-150101689.html

More stupidity......
Old 07-01-2015, 03:04 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

Quote:
Weirs. Rhyms with queers. Damn we gota start over now.lpl
Glad someone caught that!
Old 07-01-2015, 03:05 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,266

Quote:
Originally Posted by mriguy View Post
Legal as long as the word "marriage" is not tied to said civil union

If the church wouldn't have made this a national legal matter centuries ago this would be a different story. It would be a "church" thing and they would be in the driver's seat.

They're all civil unions, just marriage is a more prestigious club.
Old 07-01-2015, 04:03 PM
Sailfish

Haven't really followed it but saw an article about Alabama working on legistation to no longer issue any marriage licenses. If it's true it's probably an extreme move but I can't help but like the big middle finger to the fed government.
Old 07-01-2015, 04:39 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

Quote:
Haven't really followed it but saw an article about Alabama working on legistation to no longer issue any marriage licenses. If it's true it's probably an extreme move but I can't help but like the big middle finger to the fed government.
I agree with this idea, screw the agenda and call all marriages civil unions.

civil unions for gays has been legal for 20 years but that's not in your face enough so they have to claim the various churches religious title of "marriage" which is "married in the eyes of GOD", which they don't believe in.

in order to feel they have a victory, they must take down peoples religious freedom to exercise their faith as they see it, because its not about getting married, its about tearing down those who believe in any religion other then muslim.

in case anyone missed it, this also means churches cant discriminate now, they must allow gay marriage in the church if someone chooses to do it there, or stop all church marriages unless they risk a lawsuit because that would now be discrimination based on this ruling that says gay marriage is no different then any other marriage.

I just wish they would just do whatever they want to do, more power to em and god bless, but stop forcing people who don't want to participate in it to have to face lawsuits over it.
Old 07-01-2015, 05:30 PM
Sailfish

It's really going to be funny when the new wears off and the divorces start. Oh you mean Bob gets half my stuff and I have to pay alimony too? I thought that was only for straight people. Oh I have to pay child support also because we adopted. I thought it was all going to be fun. I didn't know Bob could take half of my rainbow.
It could also be the case that our fed gov will have special exemptions for gays that are divorcing. If they have to follow our rules that may be discrimination.
Old 07-01-2015, 06:59 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,213

Quote:
It's not a religious issue for me. I am not the judge. I will be judged just like everyone else. My issue is that a business owner should be free to not serve someone based on any reason they see fit. Gay, straight, white, black or not tall enough or you're too tall. The person that owns a business should be free to decided based on any reason. Granted that freedom is also a two way street. A person can go tell everyone they know don't go to ducks shop and spend money because he is an Ahole.
I'm not an Ahole just using that as an analogy. I should have as much right to deny service as people have to tell others not to spend money with me. As a business owner it's not a wise decision but it should still be your decision to make.
I totally agree with you on this... In a free market society this is the way things should work
Old 07-01-2015, 07:00 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,734

Quote:
. I didn't know Bob could take half of my rainbow.
Damn it Duck!!

Now every time i see a 1\2 rainbow im going think of this crap
Old 07-01-2015, 07:19 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 4,521

I really don't think this has anything to do with gay marriage and I think the gays are being used. The gays make up less than 2% of the population and only a fraction of them want to get married. So all this c--p is because of .5% of the population? The gay community is being used so the far left can can strip away ALL religious freedom. This is only the beginning of the attack on all Christian religion.