SaltyCajun.com http://redtunashirtclub.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 04-16-2014, 04:52 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -514

The rest of the life cycle is they die due to worms or get weekend enough that sharks eat them were they complete there life cycle and produce eggs in the end trails of sharks fed on by drums.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:09 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratdog View Post
Sorry but my eyes tell me different as do the books.

I have cought several sizes and the worms are very visible spaghetti size thus spaghetti worms and yes some are small in length but with is pretty much the same. Now there are microscopic types that will turn the meat mushy you don't see them but the area they infest is like a bruise and raw meet is a bit mushy.

I got no problem eating worms for protean but I have always felt better eating helthy fish.

As fare as worm meet the large ones seem to move quit a bit more and I find a soak in water with a bit of bleach pulls um out quick if u do it right after catch and clean.

No big deal I use the bad ones for crab bait. But prefer to find a solution to the worm thing. Like reds. But that's me I eat reds 21 lbs and up.

I have never seen spaghetti worms I'm them but have seen mush spot.

I must agree black drum tastes better than red though just wish I could get a big one out of fresh water.

Again I like black drum. And I have always wonderd were comer iCal fishers get worm free ones. I don't think they can sell infected fish on the market.

One other point is you can't just cut um out. In the belly I wish try from head to tail in the meat blood line even swim bladder a bunch of squirming spaghetti.

To me that ain't helthy.

I have thought of as a solution to set up pin and deworming the fish with some sort of worker but the water police would shoot you. And I bet I would be branded a fool again too.especialy for giving them a reson to shoot me.
well ya there are sometimes spots that are too many so you cut out or around that section, I wasn't trying to say sit there and pull worms all day.

often you find little 1/4" size pockets here and there and you can pop those right out without much trouble, that's what I was referring to.

I have never seen any worms moving in the fish I kept but I suppose if its still living and hasn't been on ice long maybe they do.

by the way I might eat fish that had worms in them but im not eating bleached fish. (just sayin)

I was reading about them and it was said they DO NOT kill the host, they ONLY live in healthy fish and will exit and leave if they sense the fish isn't healthy. they don't life off of the fish they feed from the fishes blood and or stomach to get nutrients to live.

now i'll agree that a drum with a tail full of worms must not be able to swim as well or as fast as one without worms but if the fish isn't getting enough food then the worms start exiting the body (its a survival instinct for them) and as the fish has less worms it is better able to swim and feed.

by the way, fresh water aint gonna do nothing for ya because bream and bass also have worms if you look closely
Old 04-16-2014, 05:39 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,061

I already catch and eat more redfish than probably healthy!
Old 04-16-2014, 06:16 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -514

Quote:
Originally Posted by keakar View Post
well ya there are sometimes spots that are too many so you cut out or around that section, I wasn't trying to say sit there and pull worms all day.

often you find little 1/4" size pockets here and there and you can pop those right out without much trouble, that's what I was referring to.

I have never seen any worms moving in the fish I kept but I suppose if its still living and hasn't been on ice long maybe they do.

by the way I might eat fish that had worms in them but im not eating bleached fish. (just sayin)

I was reading about them and it was said they DO NOT kill the host, they ONLY live in healthy fish and will exit and leave if they sense the fish isn't healthy. they don't life off of the fish they feed from the fishes blood and or stomach to get nutrients to live.

now i'll agree that a drum with a tail full of worms must not be able to swim as well or as fast as one without worms but if the fish isn't getting enough food then the worms start exiting the body (its a survival instinct for them) and as the fish has less worms it is better able to swim and feed.

by the way, fresh water aint gonna do nothing for ya because bream and bass also have worms if you look closely
Ok I'm going fishing I just don't think u get or don't thik it's possible.
So pics to come. And read about spaghetti worms. They do kill the fish the para sight s main target are sharks.

Buff said pics on the way.
Old 04-16-2014, 06:48 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

ok well good luck and happy fishing

if anyone is interested in this topic read this: http://www.seagrantfish.lsu.edu/reso...hettiworms.htm it confirms what I have been saying