SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CajunTackle

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 04-08-2014, 12:05 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,192

Officer, ill I caught all weekend was white trout and mangroves.....tough fishin!
Old 04-08-2014, 12:06 PM
Blue Marlin

Or just hide it under the cocaine......
Old 04-08-2014, 12:18 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dink View Post
Or just hide it under the cocaine......

I thought everybody knew that's where you hide the snapper...
Old 04-08-2014, 12:20 PM
Blue Marlin

It is....and ive never gotten a possession limit citation!
Old 04-08-2014, 01:14 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,578

I am not sure about fish, but I know a few camps that got busted for having over the possession limit on ducks. The cleaner they used would return the tags they make for her to pick them up, but when she would return ducks & tags once cleaned, they would just discard the tags. They are facing HEAVY fines, and probably community service, plus they confiscated all their ducks and gave them to a shelter!
Old 04-08-2014, 11:52 PM
Flounder

Cash: 676

U can buy all the red snapper u want from grocery store when they have them. No limit there n u bring em home???
Old 04-09-2014, 01:27 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: -514

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishdok View Post
U can buy all the red snapper u want from grocery store when they have them. No limit there n u bring em home???
Very good point.

A nother is that if you live on a boat If I read the regs right......you can fish and eat one days bag limit and have one in the freezer and one on ice.

Or you can look at it this way. Regarding helth. Due to suggested consumption rates two things come to mind. One you are supposed to only eat so much La. Fish per month. Two some people if freezing large quantitys of fish become complacent and do it wrong. Resulting in spoiled fish. With the possibility of food poisoning increased by large quantitys it seems regulating the limit of fish in position negates or just lowers the possibility of helth issues from mercury or other Hevey metals and or pathogens.

Best thing I can say is treat the regs like going shopping at the store. Let's say you like eggs as much as you like fish. You going to buy 12 dozen eggs and store um or even bread like twelve lofes.hummmm. I like eggs and bread but I like fresh eggs and fresh bread. So I buy one each. And don't eat eggs every day.then go to da sto when I am about to run out.

I like fish most of all but it really is better fresh. And I would eat it every day but one species of fish dulls the pallet. So I go fishing for what I can. If I limit on one species I look for another. And to fish for one like red fish and feel I should be able to keep more happens but I remind my self fresh is better than frozen and that bigger is better and that verity is the spice of life........

Good luck guys
Save your receipts , label your frozen catches,and don't freeze a species and catch more then eat the new fresh and leave the old to long.

The reasons behind bag limits and position limits are numerous . Wether to watch out for you or the species they also garrote we all can have the same chance to eat well after a day of fun and that we don't over do it.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:59 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,852

IMO there really does need to be a clarification clause added to the law that states:

lawmakers please feel free to copy and paste this into your legislation lol

"the possession limits only apply to those in the act of fishing or have been fishing and are in transit to their destination. no daily limit or creel restrictions may apply to any fish or game species found in the home or residence that is not otherwise restricted or prohibited to take or have in possession. any game or fish that is found in the home or place or residence must be clearly labeled with the date it was taken as proof the possession limit was not exceeded for that day or time period."

this way if your freezer has over the limit of fillets you can still get a ticket for it but they cant ticket you for having a freezer full of fish legally taken within the law that you choose to freeze and save for later dates.

25-30% of what I eat is fish from the freezer that i caught and only limit out about 10% of the time so why cant I legally fill my freezer and not have to worry about some burocrat GW ticket writer trying to impress his boss by giving me a hard time about whats im my freezer at home? if I didnt have this source of food I would go hungry and need help from charity food kitchens.

I could be wrong but I am pretty sure they are not allowed to walk in and search your home unless you invite them to or they have cause such as watching you making more then one trip or physically follow your tracks to your home from an illegal game kill, otherwise they need a judge to sign a search warrant for your home or camp which as you can imagine needs more then just wanting to check you.
Old 04-09-2014, 01:06 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,607

Wrong.

Game wardens are only officials that can search you and home with no reasonable cause.
Old 04-09-2014, 01:08 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako19 View Post
Wrong.

Game wardens are only officials that can search you and home with no reasonable cause.
that seams to be at odds with the constitution
Old 04-09-2014, 01:13 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,607

Quote:
Originally Posted by keakar View Post
that seams to be at odds with the constitution
Tell me about it.

Game wardens have more power when it comes to searching than FBI/CIA.
Old 04-12-2014, 03:06 PM
Redfish

Cash: 724

How many here have experienced a GW checking their freezer? My step daughters dad is a GW, stops by every other week for the exchange. We BS for a minute or two about hunting/fishing. Next time I'll ask him how all that works and post whatever his reply is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Old 04-12-2014, 05:21 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave View Post
How many here have experienced a GW checking their freezer? My step daughters dad is a GW, stops by every other week for the exchange. We BS for a minute or two about hunting/fishing. Next time I'll ask him how all that works and post whatever his reply is.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
thanks, that would be great info, also ask him if you need you fish or game clearly marked and dated to avoid any "issues" if they ever did see you have several packs of frozen fish in the freezer. im curious if unmarked undated packs would be a problem or not.