SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CalcasieuExtremeRods

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > The Shooting Range (Guns & Ammo)

The Shooting Range (Guns & Ammo) Discuss anything related to firearms and ammunition here!

Old 09-06-2011, 09:39 PM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

Cash: 5,913

i don't care for the eotech either, I was sold on the c-more sights first time I seen them and the Isreali's use a sight called a MARS. I like trijicon's line of products too, but there a little high $$$.
Old 09-06-2011, 09:43 PM
Ling

Cash: 8,577

Personally, a black ops light, GREEN laser, and sheet loads of ammo and your set...they are a blast..few weeks ago we picked off moccasin snakes from a bow practice tower @ 200yds open sight rolling em like black jacks...awsome guns...Everyone needs one
Old 09-07-2011, 08:36 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Hey Fin, if ya don't mind my asking, to date, how much something like run ya? I'd like to have one but, everywhere I've looked, they seem to be a little proud of em. Is DIY cheaper?

Also, I have a friend that lives in Denver that recently bought out a small ammo factory. I'll try to get with him and see what he's selling his rounds for. You can go check out his site @ www.BarrettBrothersLLC.com. Great site and he's got some REAL COOL toys!
Old 09-07-2011, 09:09 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,554

I am in the process of purchasing/building an AR. My neighbor informed me that the best thing to do is to look on Gunbroker.com and find the rifle you are looking for in an auction expiring with no bidders - then call/email the seller and make an offer.

My base gun is going to be a Smith and Wesson M&P 15 ORC 5.56/223 30+1. This gun is optics ready and the front site has been replaced with a gas block. I am hoping to buy it for around $800 and then put another $1000 into it. My neighbor is an ex West Pointer and tested weapons for his units - and he swears this is the way to go if you're interested in an AR.

I will post pics throughout my build once I get my hands on the gun.

As part of my deal, I am also buying a H&K/Umarex HK416 .22 Tactical. For those that haven't seen em they are saweeet!!

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...tical-rimfire/
Old 09-07-2011, 10:56 AM
Ling

Cash: 4,258

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikedatiger View Post
I am in the process of purchasing/building an AR. My neighbor informed me that the best thing to do is to look on Gunbroker.com and find the rifle you are looking for in an auction expiring with no bidders - then call/email the seller and make an offer.

My base gun is going to be a Smith and Wesson M&P 15 ORC 5.56/223 30+1. This gun is optics ready and the front site has been replaced with a gas block. I am hoping to buy it for around $800 and then put another $1000 into it. My neighbor is an ex West Pointer and tested weapons for his units - and he swears this is the way to go if you're interested in an AR.

I will post pics throughout my build once I get my hands on the gun.

As part of my deal, I am also buying a H&K/Umarex HK416 .22 Tactical. For those that haven't seen em they are saweeet!!

http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2...tical-rimfire/

just be very careful about doing the sale off of gunbroker. If the transaction goes bad,Gunbroker cant help you. I did something similar on g/b. about a year or so back, when the scare of the assault rifles might get banned. I found a dpms sass 308 that I wanted. The guy supposedly had some coming in that week. Wired him the money to order it(didnt go through g/b site) Long story short, went several months,no gun,then found out the company went bankrupt. Alot of $$$$$ down the poop chute!!!!! Man just re-opened an old wound. I got bad feelings coming up all over me again!!!!
Old 09-07-2011, 11:03 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,545

I remember that! sucks bad...I don't know about buying guns over the internet, you have to send it to an ffl unless you know someone you gots to pay...
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 09-07-2011, 11:20 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,554

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
I remember that! sucks bad...I don't know about buying guns over the internet, you have to send it to an ffl unless you know someone you gots to pay...
Correct, the guns must be shipped to an FFL.

BTW, guy came back with a price on the two guns I mentioned and he is at $1386.
Old 09-07-2011, 04:07 PM
Redfish

Cash: 809
Default The way to go....

Fin,

It's a magazine, not a clip....You know that....LOL I like the Mepro 21 reflex as it allows you to keep both eyes open during fire...cause as you know, when you are relaxed at the range, closing that one eye while you assasinate beer cans and milk cartons filled with water, is a little different than swiss cheesing the drivers' side door of a urban "starship" with 22's on it...Generally your adrenaline is pumping and chances are you are going to have both eyes open, VERY OPEN at the time...I would consider some type of small light with a contact switch that is pressure sensative for low light conditions but is not constant to make sure you are not a lit target...If it were a primary in home weapon, which I wouldn't recommend due to penetration of sheet rock, brick and anything else the round contacts, I might recommend a shorter barrel to slice the pie...But I'm sure you have a barely legal scatter gun for that anyway...I know I do...Sweet heater and i know you are gonna put a tach sling on that thing as well, right? I think you are on the right track...lightweight, no bells or whistles...essential gear to put lead on target fast and no prop needed to keep someone at gunpoint for 5 plus minutes....until witnesses arrive...
Old 09-07-2011, 04:08 PM
Redfish

Cash: 809
Default and....

and I do close one eye when I shoot, you may not, but I have yet to be able to train myself to do it as I am right handed and left eye dominant....Retically challenged I guess....go figure!
Old 09-07-2011, 10:36 PM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

Cash: 5,913

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Buck View Post
and I do close one eye when I shoot, you may not, but I have yet to be able to train myself to do it as I am right handed and left eye dominant....Retically challenged I guess....go figure!
I'm left handed right eye dominate, so I carried on my right side, but when I went threw the POST firearms course, my score was higher left handed but I trained more right handed.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:32 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,488

Southern - as you see it here, I have a total of $567 in it. I was hesitant of the Plum Crazy lower because of price, but the poly is amazing and the trigger is better than my S&W.

FrankBuck- you know I got coonassss in me!!!
Old 09-08-2011, 09:42 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finfeatherfur View Post
Southern - as you see it here, I have a total of $567 in it. I was hesitant of the Plum Crazy lower because of price, but the poly is amazing and the trigger is better than my S&W.

FrankBuck- you know I got coonassss in me!!!
Man, that's not nearly what I thought it would be. I may get up with ya before long and work on something similar/same. Always did like the 5.56 weapons and that's plenty affordable!