SaltyCajun.com http://www.egretbaits.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > The Shooting Range (Guns & Ammo)

The Shooting Range (Guns & Ammo) Discuss anything related to firearms and ammunition here!

Old 09-03-2012, 09:14 PM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

Cash: 5,913
Default Looking for complete AR15 upper

I bought a complete lower today for $144.50 best deal I've seen, its a co polymer lower but I've watched torture test for it and the polymer can take more pressure then an aluminum lower. I'm looking for a complete upper, if anyone has one that they are selling or they don't mind parting ways with it let me know. also If anyone knows of any deals on em, let me know. Maybe the stores in Lafayette have better deals then over here. I'm really not wanting to spend more then $400.
Old 09-03-2012, 09:34 PM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,549

http://palmettostatearmory.com/index...r-madness.html
Old 09-03-2012, 09:42 PM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SULPHITE View Post
thanks this is definitely the price I'm looking for!
Old 09-03-2012, 10:57 PM
Flounder

Cash: 567

I agree with sulphite. I bought one of the polymer lowers for about $100 when they just came out and I matched it with and psa upper and its a great set up. Plus PSA is very reasonable.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:12 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 909

Let me know next time you are looking for a lower... I will point you to the best deal.

Pelican Firearms moves a lot of PSA product and is always running OTD and shipped specials if that is what you are looking for. Not bad for the price, quality varies from batch to batch IME. You can sign up for Midways deals, at least once a month they have sub $400 complete DPMS uppers, usually less than $350 dealer price, I picked up a light weight slick side for $315 (Dealer price) and mated it to an $80 new Frontier lower for a super cheap AR.

I assume you got a New Frontier Lower, they hold up pretty well, I had 3, sold one off. I arranged a group buy from JoeBobOutfitters for $80 a piece shipped and and arranged LA gun and reloading to do the transfers for $10.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:28 PM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcinnick View Post
Let me know next time you are looking for a lower... I will point you to the best deal.

Pelican Firearms moves a lot of PSA product and is always running OTD and shipped specials if that is what you are looking for. Not bad for the price, quality varies from batch to batch IME. You can sign up for Midways deals, at least once a month they have sub $400 complete DPMS uppers, usually less than $350 dealer price, I picked up a light weight slick side for $315 (Dealer price) and mated it to an $80 new Frontier lower for a super cheap AR.

I assume you got a New Frontier Lower, they hold up pretty well, I had 3, sold one off. I arranged a group buy from JoeBobOutfitters for $80 a piece shipped and and arranged LA gun and reloading to do the transfers for $10.
thats an awesome deal, yes I bought the new frontier complete lower from La Gun and reloading I use to buy all my reloading stuff from them and went in today with a friend who was looking for a new pistol, that thing caught my eye and I couldn't resist, now I'm just wanting to complete it! I had a Dpms a few years ago and had a few problems with cheap bolt and carrier parts and didn't care for to much, but I miss it. So hopefully I can piece one together for a good price and get a good bolt and have a good reliable rifle. probably won't go all out and get all the stuff I got for the last one, I'll keep it simple and just put a good sight one it and use it for a plinker.
Old 09-03-2012, 11:30 PM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

oh and thanks for the feedback!
Old 09-04-2012, 12:48 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 909

Look for my bullets soon at LA gun and Reloading if you are into reloading. Ferrara Alpha Bullets. They are coated and don't lead at all. The storm put me back a week, I wanted them in there before Labor Day weekend, but you can't make bullets without power.

Really Jason with Pelican Firearms is good to deal with, Alan at Geaux shootin gets good prices on Spikes stuff from time to time. My DPMS rifle was an impulse buy, I get an email with a $315 upper COMPLETE with bolt and charging handle, why the hell not, especially when I had lowers burning holes in my safe. I still have at least 5 lowers waiting for uppers. I buy them cheap and use them for trade fodder or they turn into rifles.... Louisiana residents get 5% off at JoeBobOutfitters with the coupon code "Bayou", something we worked out with Joseph after sending $25k worth of business his way in two months... Only works if you have something shipped to Louisiana.

Until you get into the top tier brands that build in house, FN, DD, Colt, LMT etc. you are really getting a parts buyer putting together parts, quality can vary greatly from batch to batch and a quality builder with good quality control is what you want to look for.

Don't forget to budget for an optic and sights, might just need a rear, but could need a front and rear depending on the rifle. I am involved in the firearms business, but don't sell guns, but have lots of connections. Don't have the cheddar to sponsor so I don't push my own goods yet, but no reason to not push other good local businesses.
Old 09-04-2012, 09:32 AM
Flounder

Cash: 567
Default kcinnick

Im guessing your the same Kcinnik from bayoushooter?
I was also in on that group buy. Jason is a great guy to deal with.
Old 09-04-2012, 10:21 AM
Entering A World of Pain

just bought a spikes lower from joebobs...wish i would've known about the code lol!! waiting on pulling the trigger on an upper right now...thanks for your info kcinnick...

ps bought a lpk from psa with a magpul stock (complete kit) been reading some not so good stuff on PSA about the lpk kits being incomplete..gotta check it.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:55 PM
Entering A World of Pain

I need a good upper

Looking at
Upper Specs- -Spike's Tactical M4 flat top upper receiver, Machined from a 7075 T6 Mil-Spec Forging with Mil-Spec Type III Hardcoat Anodized finish, T-markings,Spike's Tactical logo and M4 feed ramps. -Barrel is 4150 Chromoly Vanadium Alloy, M4 barrel extention, Chrome chamber and bore, 5.56mm Nato chamber, 1:7 Twist, Magnetic particle testing on every barrel, Phosphate finish. -Government Contour with Mid-length gas system.-Barrel is Phosphate finished under the F marked A2 front sight base. -Barrel is HP Tested & MP Inspected -The M16 carriers are Chrome lined with a Mil-Spec phosphate finish. -The Full Auto M16 bolt is shot peened, HP Tested, & MP Inspected -Forged Mil-Spec carrier key, Chrome lined, attached with Grade 8 hardware and Properly staked. -MP tested bolt, Each extractor is fitted with a Mil-Spec black insert and Mil-Spec Viton o-ring. -Spike's Tactical 9" BAR Rail System. -A2 Flash Hider. -As of 2/1/2012 All Spike's Uppers No Longer Include a T2 Buffer Receiver Due to the Manufacturer's Decision This Upper comes with the fallowing options *ST5BG01; BCG (5.56) Spikes Tactical M16 w/MP Tested Bolt *SAFH510; Flash Hider 5.56 *STU5035-BF; Base Upper - (5.56) 16" Mid-Length LE w/Ft Sight Post *SAR1109; Rail - Spike's LW Bar 9"
Old 09-12-2012, 09:32 PM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

alright I ordered an upper on the 5th, I'm waiting on it now, website says at least 14 days before they ship it. Now I've been looking for a BCG and charging handle. I've looked at a Black Rain Ordnance bcg and a fail zero, both are expensive and in theory don't need much oil and have been dry fired threw a rifle for hundreds of rounds without failure. also i've thought the nickel boron coating is a little high price considering a bravo company m16 bcg is $159 which is about $141 cheaper and I can get a charging handle from Bravo at the same time and spend right at $200 on both of them together. also I don't think the military uses the nickel boron coating and I don't think most LE use it either, but I've read and watched how easy it is to clean and it's a hard decision if I should get it or not! what have some of you other guys bought, and how has it worked out for you?
Old 09-12-2012, 10:17 PM
Entering A World of Pain

http://www.core15.com/products/parts...g-handles.html
Old 09-22-2012, 07:25 PM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

I got my BCG and charge handle today from Bravo Company, I ordered it thursday got it saturday at noon. Still waiting on the upper, and kcinnick I checked out your bullets at La Gun and reloading they look nice, when I run out of the what I have right now I'll try yours out.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:26 PM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

Oh and I checked out the core15 rifle today at Barking Irons in Baton Rouge, its a nice rifle and its not too pricey either.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:19 PM
Entering A World of Pain

wish we had some good gun shops over in this area...
Old 09-25-2012, 09:20 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: -189

Lp what lower did you buy? And where did u get it from?
Old 09-25-2012, 09:38 AM
Entering A World of Pain

how long did it take to get an upper from PSA too??
Old 09-25-2012, 12:24 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,250

I have a s/w m&p 15 matched with a eotech zombie stopper. i love this ar15. i had a bushmaster before and did not like it near as much. kcinnich i would like to check out them bullets.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:35 PM
BIG MOUTH BASS!

I ordered my upper from Palmetto state armory on sept 6th, still waiting, I emailed them asking about about the progress on my order, I got an email back saying it takes 15 business days for there factory to complete an upper and get it to shipping. then it usually takes 4-5 days to get here. I got the email after I tried calling them twice, then I emailed them and let them know they email 3x a day with different deals but they don't email there customers on the progress of there order. I got a 16in carbine upper for $289 after shipping cost.

Hopedale Hustler, I got a New Frontier lower complete for $144, got it at LA Guns and Reloading. I ordered my bcg and charge handle from bravo company, got it in less then 3 days after I ordered. coming from Wisconsin.

just waiting for the upper, I kinda thinking if I don't get it in a few more days I might just go spend some more $ on a upper and build another gun when I get the PSA upper.