SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CalcasieuExtremeRods

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > The Shooting Range (Guns & Ammo)

The Shooting Range (Guns & Ammo) Discuss anything related to firearms and ammunition here!

Old 01-24-2013, 10:06 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Cash: 9,544
Default NY gun owners resisting new laws

kudos to these guys...I hope they win this battle

Hit us with your best shot, Andy!
  • By FREDRIC U. ****ER
  • Last Updated: 4:01 AM, January 21, 2013
  • Posted: 12:50 AM, January 21, 2013

EXCLUSIVE

Assault-rifle owners statewide are organizing a mass boycott of Gov. Cuomo’s new law mandating they register their weapons, daring officials to “come and take it away,” The Post has learned.
Gun-range owners and gun-rights advocates are encouraging hundreds of thousands of owners to defy the law, saying it’d be the largest act of civil disobedience in state history.
“I’ve heard from hundreds of people that they’re prepared to defy the law, and that number will be magnified by the thousands, by the tens of thousands, when the registration deadline comes,’’ said Brian Olesen, president of the American Shooters Supply, one of the largest gun dealers in the state.

Reuters

FIGHTIN’ WORDS: Self-declared gun nut John Noto protests in Albany over the weekend, as many gun lovers planned to defy a new law to register weapons.

Officials estimate at least 1 million semiautomatic rifles are owned in the state, sources said.
And come April 15, 2014 — when Cuomo is expected to be running for re-election — they all have to be registered with the State Police.
But because the rifles have been legal but unregistered until now, authorities don’t know who has them or where they are located.

State officials will be nervously watching the registration figures to see how many gun owners comply, sources said.
“I believe you will have people stepping forward, saying, ‘Here I am. See? I have what you call an assault rifle. Now come and take it away,’ ’’ said a gun-rights activist and boycott organizer.
That’s exactly what state officials are worried about.
“Many of these assault-rifle owners aren’t going to register; we realize that,’’ said a Cuomo-administration source who added that officials expect “widespread violations’’ of the new law. Owners who refuse to register could face a class-A misdemeanor — punishable by up to a year in prison.

And an owner’s weapon could also be confiscated, which could be worth several thousands of dollars.
National Rifle Association President David Keene told The Post yesterday that he wasn’t surprised by the planned boycott.
“While we don’t get involved in campaigns to resist the law, I will say this: Historic experience here and in Canada shows that when you try to force gun owners into a registration and licensing system, there’s usually mass opposition and mass noncompliance,” he said. “I think it’s going to be very difficult for the governor to get mass compliance with this new law.”

Leaders of some of the state’s 300 gun clubs, gun dealers and Second Amendment organizations are organizing the boycott — and the heaviest interest is in Suffolk County, the Capital District and the Buffalo region, sources said.
The organizers point to a little-known guarantee of gun ownership contained in New York’s own “Civil Rights Law,” which was ratified the same year as the Constitution .

The state statute says the right to keep and bear arms “cannot be infringed” — stronger than the Second Amendment, which says it “shall not be infringed.’’
“They’re saying, ‘F--- the governor! F--- Cuomo! We’re not going to register our guns,’ and I think they’re serious. People are not going to do it. People are going to resist,’’ said State Rifle and Pistol Association President Tom King, a member of the NRA board of directors. “They’re taking one of our guaranteed civil rights, and they’re taking it away.’’
Olesen said he’ll soon launch a nonprofit, to be called Save the Second Amendment Foundation,’ to fight the new law.
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 01-24-2013, 10:14 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,065

POWER TO THE PEOPLE MY BROTHER!!! I love it!
Old 01-24-2013, 10:22 AM
Flounder

Cash: 721

great song.Too bad it applies to the times were living in.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=CeONPI2YaPc
Old 01-24-2013, 10:55 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts. And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him."

The Revolution is starting!
Old 01-24-2013, 11:08 AM
Entering A World of Pain

Quote:
Originally Posted by pan pan chuck View Post
great song.Too bad it applies to the times were living in.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=CeONPI2YaPc
damn good song
The cops are the experts on the current criminal trends. If they have determined that a “high capacity” semiautomatic pistol and a .223 semiautomatic rifle with 30-round magazines are the best firearms for them to use to protect people like me and my family, they are obviously the best things for us to use to protect ourselves and our families .
Old 01-24-2013, 11:19 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,142

Where you getting all this from Daniel? Good stuff you been posting up.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:25 AM
Entering A World of Pain

most from bayoushooters facebook etc

do not use google news...liberal fers
Old 01-24-2013, 11:50 AM
Entering A World of Pain

http://www.cnn.com/video/?%2Fvideo%2...ive/cvpstream2
Old 01-24-2013, 09:26 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 978

If we all stick together they can not put all of us in jail