SaltyCajun.com http://www.lmcboats.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 08-10-2015, 02:47 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,238

[quote=CajunChristian;767831]
Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post

It does get difficult to sift through that many faces. We also keep sex offender programs on our phones to cross reference.
D
Unrelated question. Does your church not allow sex offenders?
Old 08-10-2015, 03:11 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 713

[quote=capt coonassty;767884]
Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunChristian View Post

Unrelated question. Does your church not allow sex offenders?
We absolutely welcome any felon for a second or third chance. BUT, we are Christians, not stupid! Our church has a children's' and youth side and on the opposite side of the building is the sanctuary. The problems we have had involved offenders not going into the sanctuary but trying to hang around the restrooms on the children's' side. We allow no adults on that side during service, except for parents picking up children.The times we have had problems is when adults with no children attempt to hang around the children's side. The 3 incidents we have had, all happened to be registered sex offenders. They are barred from our church. We don't have the time nor manpower to babysit a sex offender that still shows a proclivity towards children. Maybe Andy would feel different if it were his child in our nursery and we are throwing a sex offender out of the building????
And Andy, I have no clue what you are talking about, you make no sense. You talk as though I go to churches and charge them to provide security???? Please show me where I stated that. We are an all volunteer security team FOR OUR CHURCH, don't know where you're coming from. What you describe is a vigilante team, not a properly trained church security team.
D
Old 08-10-2015, 03:29 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,238

That seems reasonable and responsible.
Old 08-10-2015, 03:33 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,824

I have not read where CC posted anything stating he charged or earned money to protect his church or any other church. ...

Andy, you need to read this thread again.
Old 08-10-2015, 03:41 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,926

Thought you said yall hire off duty officers at the door and yall were a volunteer group, witch you train other mega church's, understand if there's a man or woman hanging around the bathrooms to long and not waiting on there kid,, it would get get taken care of real fast cause we all know each, and families, New people come every Sunday and pry with the preacher.. let me just throw this out there there's100/-2000 members of your church how many of them do you know by name, even more dose your preacher know and know each and every one of them by name and know there day to day struggles?? I will bet not!!!!!!

How many bathrooms your church have?? How many on Sunday that walk in the doors do you know personaly or where they live/been invited to there birthday party ?,
Old 08-10-2015, 03:58 PM
Red Snapper

My last post here, if yall don't trust your fellow church members to take care of what problems that can come up you might thank about going to a church where everyone knows everyone,and not need security!! And get back to family and community, not just how many people they can run throw the door!!
Old 08-10-2015, 04:03 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 4,521

Don't know what Andy's problem is with what was said but it seems like he is against big churches. Just saying......
Old 08-10-2015, 04:05 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,824

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogface View Post
Don't know what Andy's problem is with was said but it seems like he is against big churches. Just saying......
Obviously..... Go to the church where you feel comfortable whether big or small....
Old 08-10-2015, 04:07 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,813

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C View Post
My last post here, if yall don't trust your fellow church members to take care of what problems that can come up you might thank about going to a church where everyone knows everyone,and not need security!! And get back to family and community, not just how many people they can run throw the door!!
I really think you are completely missing the point of what CajunChristian and his guys do. Personally, I would also like to be able to carry while I'm in church, but I'd be extremely comfortable leaving my gun in my vehicle and attending services in a church that is protected by a team of people with way more training than me. Sounds like your issue is more about smaller churches vs a bigger church.
Old 08-10-2015, 04:30 PM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjhooper82 View Post
I really think you are completely missing the point of what CajunChristian and his guys do. Personally, I would also like to be able to carry while I'm in church, but I'd be extremely comfortable leaving my gun in my vehicle and attending services in a church that is protected by a team of people with way more training than me. Sounds like your issue is more about smaller churches vs a bigger church.
Ditto that. On a typical Sunday, we have 20-50 new folks at our church. When you talk about an attendance of 1000 people, it's difficult, if not impossible, to know everyone. Then throw the CEO crowd, Christmas, Easter Only, our attendance swells. Andy, we have NEVER hired any security. But I guess you want to be paid for your work but don't want to pay security folks??? We're just doing the best we can with what we have.
Danny
Old 08-10-2015, 04:36 PM
Trophy Trout

[QUOTE=How many bathrooms your church have?? How many on Sunday that walk in the doors do you know personaly or where they live/been invited to there birthday party ?,[/QUOTE]

Andy, our church has 4 bathrooms downstairs and 2 upstairs. You seem to have a problem with medium and large churches.
Just curious, what is your magic number. At what number would you limit your congregation to? Now it's you telling folks they can't come to YOUR church or it will grow too large. See how silly that sounds? I assure you, I have seen and dealt with that mentality for years. Years ago I left a church that was comprised of about 40 people. Average age was near 80. They didn't want new folks, so their church is dying. Could be totally dead now, I don't know.
Old 08-10-2015, 05:43 PM
Red Snapper

Cajun and BJ, I completely agree with you guys. We have around 2,000 per Sunday (this includes children) and want everyone safe at all times. We pay 4officers and have a security team of volunteers that are trained and legal. Not only does our pastor encourage the security he participates in our training and range sessions. The reason for the paid officers is we want anyone entering the building to know that we have security. The trained CCL holders are very discrete and very few people know that we are armed. Not saying this is the best or right way to do it but its what works for us. Stay safe and train hard. Dog
Old 08-10-2015, 06:08 PM
Red Snapper

Good for yall, I understand there's a threat every Sunday at yalls church's, as a man of the Lord in my church I don't have to worry about that!! Cause we all welcome new people and build every thing , not saying yall are any more less of a man or woman of God just different parts of the country, and different churches!!
Old 08-10-2015, 06:13 PM
Red Snapper

We all Christine's just different ways of seeing church, & I am leaving it at that!!
Old 08-10-2015, 06:42 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy C View Post
We all Christine's just different ways of seeing church, & I am leaving it at that!!
Good!!
Old 08-10-2015, 07:10 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,468

I understand the law completely. I all I stated was my feelings towards this type of thinking. I do my best to always follow the law. Its the attitude that you have towards anyone carrying a weapon other than you is unsafe. I'm sorry if I can't jump on your "I'm special band wagon". We should all have the right and that right should be respected. Your confusion in thinking that less people armed is safer than everyone having the right to protect themselves and others is troubling. Just a few posts back you were comparing yourself to a swat team. If that doesn't scream ego then I don't know what does. If there is a sign posted out front then I will not carry. I would expect no one else to carry either. I do not think that you or anyone else other than a licensed officer has more rights than I do. If your pastor gives you permission and not no one else he should be able to make that known. You have no right to tell anyone they cannot carry. Just my opinion that's all.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:15 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Not trying to throw gas on the fire but I get what Andy is saying. I don't attend a church but I have absolute respect for the house of God. Any person that goes into a house of God with intent to do harm has a special spot in hell resereved for them. It is however disturbing when some of our city churches own multiple city blocks and can afford to advertise at a five to one ratio over our local food bank. I know people that go to these churches and they are great people. I think it's just an atmosphere thing is what Andy was saying. Some like big churches with multiple buildings and some like small churches where everyone knows everyone and it's not just God's family you actually feel like family.
Old 08-10-2015, 07:35 PM
Sailfish

I also understand CC's point although I don't exactly agree with it. From a tactical standpoint it would be impossible to distinguish between church members and nonmembers in a bad situation. 1000 people trying to get out as fast as possible. Not knowing the lay out of the church having a security member at entrances and exits is good but if something bad happened and a team member was in trouble it may be near impossible to get to him/ her and help with a flood of scared people trying to escape. That is where armed church members could help. Could. There is no perfect plan. If there was you wouldn't be in a gunfight. I think there are times you need to stay low and try to be a good witness but if you are directly threatened you should be able to defend yourself and your family not be stuck waiting for security to wade through a 1000 people to come help you. Gun in hand or cop on the phone. What works faster? Again CC I'm not trying to disrespect you are your team just looking from both sides
Old 08-10-2015, 07:55 PM
Red Snapper

But don't forget that it's the law. Unless you complete 8 hours per year tactical training and have the ok from the pastor the law says you cannot CC in a house of worship even if you have a CC permit. I totally agree that it's not a perfect plan and hope none of us ever have to go through a really bad situation.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:10 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogface View Post
But don't forget that it's the law. Unless you complete 8 hours per year tactical training and have the ok from the pastor the law says you cannot CC in a house of worship even if you have a CC permit. I totally agree that it's not a perfect plan and hope none of us ever have to go through a really bad situation.
You sir are correct. However oc is unregulated according to the state constitution. It is clear in the fact that only cc can be regulated. It can be overridden by property rights and I completely agree with that. You don't want me to carry that is your right but I also will never spend money with your business or church.
I do believe that 8hours a year training is laughable. Of course I think the cc requirements and a POST course is laughable also.