SaltyCajun.com http://www.gclendingservices.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-21-2015, 08:25 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,710
Default Happy Father Day

Happy Father's Day to all the Father's out there!!!
Old 06-21-2015, 09:03 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,962

Same to U and all my SC friends...
Old 06-21-2015, 09:47 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,607

Happy Father's Day Gentlemen.

I read this article this morning about Tony Robichaux and wanted to share it with you guys. He is a truly inspiring man who is much more than a baseball coach. Don't worry, not sports related one bit.

Here are a few quotes from the article. If you have the time I recommend reading the whole thing. It isn't very long and we'll worth the time.

“It starts out with a dad in the backyard with a tee,” Robichaux said. “That’s how this relationship is built. Too many dads around the country use the sport the wrong way, and they ruin their relationship with their child instead of being able to use the sport to grow their relationship with their child. That’s what I try to do here with baseball, and I tried to do it with my two sons.
“Look, I hope they could be good baseball players when they’re playing, but the bottom line is I want them to be men at the end of the day. It’s real explicit.”

“He trusted me, he threw me in a lot of pressure games, he made me grow up in that aspect pretty quick,” Gros said. “He always told me, ‘You think this is pressure? Just wait until you get into the real world.’

“To me, if our ultimate goal is really to get home, to get to heaven, then I think we should be arming them with some of the tools to reach their ultimate goal,” Robichaux said. “I haven’t read yet that their ultimate goal in life is to be a baseball player. That’s questionable in my opinion.

“I don’t want to teach just baseball, because I don’t want to face the Lord one day and he tells me, ‘I sent you over 600 boys for you to turn into men. I see you turned them into baseball players, but you didn’t turn them into men.”

This is my favorite one and something a lot of guys on SC may be able to relate to:

“The video shows an elderly man. He’s cleaning out his attic; his wife is passed,” Robichaux said. “He comes across a box of journals. He’s got his journal, and he finds his son’s journal from when he was a little boy. He sits down and he puts them on his desk and opens them up to the same day.

“In there, in his journal, he writes, ‘Went fishing, didn’t catch anything, hottest, worst day of my life.’ Then he thumbs through the little boy’s journal, and the little boy writes, ‘Went fishing with my dad. Best time of my life.’ ”

Sorry for the long post. You guys enjoy your day!

http://theadvocate.com/sports/ullafa...afayettes-tony
Old 06-21-2015, 10:50 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 4,521

Read it early this morning as well. Tells what kind of a man he really is. Happy Fathers Day to all.
Old 06-21-2015, 09:32 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,086

Glad i aint one right now but i can't imagine how awesome it woud be! Happy fathers day to yall!