SaltyCajun.com http://www.braggingbadges.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 07-08-2015, 02:52 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,577

Quote:
Originally Posted by mriguy View Post
This thread may go premium
Basically you are paying for the ability to talk **** on the internet. To each his own..
Old 07-08-2015, 03:15 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy.yyz View Post
I am pretty sure there are plenty of freeloaders on this website that offer plenty of information...To say you have never gained knowledge from a user that does not pay would be a strong statement.
You are correct sir. When I first found this site I asked for advice on my first surf fishing trip. I got tons of advice from great people. After that I paid up and still do so. Never said I wasn't on here for free at some point but I soon realized it was something I wanted to support.
Old 07-08-2015, 03:21 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy.yyz View Post
Basically you are paying for the ability to talk **** on the internet. To each his own..
Hell yeah cuz talkin sh it on the internet is fun.lol
Old 07-08-2015, 03:30 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 7

I've received quality information from this site, and have no qualms with paying for membership, though I hope that change doesn't happen for a month or so. Leaving for school in a week and will have limited monetary resources till late August.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk
Old 07-09-2015, 10:26 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,071

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
Because sponsors and paid members are the reason you get your free stuff. It really looks bad when you openly admit you aren't willing to support the site. It's $6 a month. Really. Just a welfare leach. I'm guessing you don't have a business. It take $ to keep this site going. When paid peeps get tired of supporting free loaders and bail there will be no sc for you to visit. You are a blood sucking leach.
HAHA! Yep I have no business. Just on welfare...

This is a business. Whomever is the owner has his/her free rights to put on the internet anything free or for profit. It is the proprietor's decision.

Now, if the "free" stuff is taken away that is the operator of this web-sites deciscion, but he/she may start losing advertisement revenue. Or the people may decide to pay for this service. That is the risk the operator has to make.

Or the operator can start beating down his cost of bandwidth and such. I did that with my business (or am I on welfare)...

But for you to get bent out of shape by me stating a view from a user that the operator can use to improve his/her product and try to raise revenue isn't good form. So stop ...I like many people are not paying because it really isn't necessary. And the operator is making money off of advertising or should be. That's how facebook, yahoo, linkin and others do it. It's a great business model. I use yahoo and linkin in addition to this and I don't pay for those services.

Now a way to get someone like me to pay money is maybe to offer a free preview to the premium. I may see I like or need it and would be willing to pay. Like I said right now, I get what I want. 5 to 10 minute break a day to see if anyone is catching/killing/playing/etc.

Or even offer a payment plan which a percentage is used for marsh restoration or research on Big Lake or such. Again not my decision, but could be a good time to poll the audience. Market it a little or something.
Old 07-09-2015, 11:12 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodKnot View Post
HAHA! Yep I have no business. Just on welfare...

This is a business. Whomever is the owner has his/her free rights to put on the internet anything free or for profit. It is the proprietor's decision.

Now, if the "free" stuff is taken away that is the operator of this web-sites deciscion, but he/she may start losing advertisement revenue. Or the people may decide to pay for this service. That is the risk the operator has to make.

Or the operator can start beating down his cost of bandwidth and such. I did that with my business (or am I on welfare)...

But for you to get bent out of shape by me stating a view from a user that the operator can use to improve his/her product and try to raise revenue isn't good form. So stop ...I like many people are not paying because it really isn't necessary. And the operator is making money off of advertising or should be. That's how facebook, yahoo, linkin and others do it. It's a great business model. I use yahoo and linkin in addition to this and I don't pay for those services.

Now a way to get someone like me to pay money is maybe to offer a free preview to the premium. I may see I like or need it and would be willing to pay. Like I said right now, I get what I want. 5 to 10 minute break a day to see if anyone is catching/killing/playing/etc.

Or even offer a payment plan which a percentage is used for marsh restoration or research on Big Lake or such. Again not my decision, but could be a good time to poll the audience. Market it a little or something.
Like I said talking sh it on the internet is fun. I was just being a sarcastic smartazz and trying to get people talking sh it. Yeah I was trolling. Lol
I agree with you that thongs could be done to help intice people to go premium. I like your idea about a free premium trial. Like you said it ultimately isn't up to us.
Old 07-09-2015, 11:17 AM
Sailfish

BloodKnot there are a couple of very interesting threads in the gill net you will like. Might be a little scared of mine
Old 07-09-2015, 11:53 AM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,071

What is the gill net?
Old 07-09-2015, 03:33 PM
Flounder

Cash: 773

Man.....I missed out on all the fun....been stuck in line at da government office.

One question...Does Salty Cajun accept the Louisiana Purchase Card as a form of payment?

I kid I kid
Old 07-09-2015, 03:36 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsm9437 View Post
Man.....I missed out on all the fun....been stuck in line at da government office.

One question...Does Salty Cajun accept the Louisiana Purchase Card as a form of payment?

I kid I kid
Dude that was funny. Lm ao
Old 07-09-2015, 03:39 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BloodKnot View Post
What is the gill net?
It's one of the forums in the premium section. Trust me it's worth the $6. Try it for a month and if you don't like it you can cancel. Tons of entertainment there. It's perfect for those mondays when you don't feel lke doing sh it at work.lol