SaltyCajun.com http://www.mkacpas.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 03-11-2016, 02:15 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,003

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
Devil's advocate here - We also get real tired of people that will vote Dem no matter what, but some of us all do exactly the same thing by voting a Republican just to keep the Dem out.

If you don't like voting for the lesser of two evils, vote libertarian. If more people did, you would really see change, and not change that is talked about. The majority of Republicans are no longer true Conservatives. They like to think they are but look at the voting records and the increases in government spending they are partly responsible for. They say one thing and do another.

"The right wing and the left wing are all part of the same bird"
I'm sorry but until a candidate that actually has a chance to win is presented a vote for a third party is a vote that helps the democrats. Just fractures the conservative vote even further. That's not my opinion, that's logic.

One day there will be a real candidate by a third party that CAN win. This election isn't that day. However, Trump is that guy in a way(regardless of how you feel about him). He is not part of the establishment. If things go as they appear he will basically force the republican party to nominate him. This kind of change presents a good outlook for a viable third party candidate one day.
Old 03-11-2016, 04:07 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 4,521

This isn't the time to vote 3rd party. I hate voting for the lesser of 2 evils but in this case I will because the evil of having another liberal president is MUCH worse than a Trump or Cruz. We need to unite behind the republican nomination.
Old 03-11-2016, 04:21 PM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogface View Post
This isn't the time to vote 3rd party. I hate voting for the lesser of 2 evils but in this case I will because the evil of having another liberal president is MUCH worse than a Trump or Cruz. We need to unite behind the republican nomination.
Can't say it any more plain than that. Vote for your obscure 3rd party person. I probably agree with the majority of what that person stands for. However, we can't afford another liberal in the White House.
Old 03-11-2016, 04:29 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

Quote:
Originally Posted by seachaser250 View Post
Can't say it any more plain than that. Vote for your obscure 3rd party person. I probably agree with the majority of what that person stands for. However, we can't afford another liberal in the White House.
People get so worried about this person or that person in the white house. This BS won't stop until people like you and me vote otherwise. I'm going against the popular grain here, but I'm standing up for what I think is right, true and the best option. Not half right, lesser truth and the least worst option.

Sh*t won't change until you get up and wipe.
Old 03-11-2016, 04:38 PM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjaredsandwich View Post
People get so worried about this person or that person in the white house. This BS won't stop until people like you and me vote otherwise. I'm going against the popular grain here, but I'm standing up for what I think is right, true and the best option. Not half right, lesser truth and the least worst option.

That's your choice. No problem with agreeing to disagree.

But when Hillary or Bernie shows up to move in at 1600 Pennsylvania ave, watch the SH*t you speak of change from bad to worse.
Old 03-11-2016, 05:38 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by seachaser250 View Post
That's your choice. No problem with agreeing to disagree.

But when Hillary or Bernie shows up to move in at 1600 Pennsylvania ave, watch the SH*t you speak of change from bad to worse.
And that's exactly what will happen if we aren't united behind the only candidate that can defeat Hillary or Bernie. And it's not a third party candidate!!
That's like the people that refused to vote for Vitter because of his adultery (like we all don't have things in our past). Well, how is John Bel working out for you??
I wasn't crazy about Vitter but he would have been better than what we have now.
Old 03-11-2016, 07:21 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 792
Default Biden is my real fear

I say again.........Hillary will have "health problems" and have to withdraw from the race once it becomes apparent that the FBI will recommend that she be charged. At that point, Biden will be drafted at the convention to be the "messiah" and before Obama ends his term, he will pardon her from all her transgressions. Why do I think this? Because Obama on more than one occasion has said that Biden is most likely to prolong his "legacy" and if you notice, Biden is starting to appear more often in the news. For instance, this week, he is in Israel espousing Israel's position on the Palestinian situation. He sat in for Obama at Scalia's funeral.

Watch and wait!
Old 03-11-2016, 07:24 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 792

Oh, and Trump will be the Republican candidate and there will be no 3rd party run. He is not my first choice, but anything is better than a dem.
Old 03-11-2016, 08:25 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,275

Happy to say that i am 100% voting for Gary Johnson again this time. The old lies of "but if you vote for a 3rd your contributing to the problem" be damned.

You are contributing to the problem by continuing to vote for a party (either democrat or republican) that are plainly in cahoots, and who are doing everything they can to serve their corporate masters.

The definition of INSANITY ; doing the same thing, over and over again, while expecting different results - Albert Einstein.
Old 03-11-2016, 08:26 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,150

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceArcher View Post
Happy to say that i am 100% voting for Gary Johnson again this time. The old lies of "but if you vote for a 3rd your contributing to the problem" be damned.

You are contributing to the problem by continuing to vote for a party (either democrat or republican) that are plainly in cahoots, and who are doing everything they can to serve their corporate masters.

The definition of INSANITY ; doing the same thing, over and over again, while expecting different results - Albert Einstein.
Wurd
Old 03-11-2016, 08:45 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Don't y'all hate when democrats vote for the democrat candidate each time for the simple fact that they are a dem? You are doing the exact same thing
Old 03-11-2016, 09:41 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
Don't y'all hate when democrats vote for the democrat candidate each time for the simple fact that they are a dem? You are doing the exact same thing
It has worked pretty good the past 2 pres elections for them. We know how they are going to vote we just need to beat them. We can't beat them by dividing up our votes. At this point I feel that it's more important to beat them than it is to vote for someone that has absolutely no chance to win.
Old 03-11-2016, 11:49 PM
Redfish

Cash: 365

Quote:

So our best option is CEO of a weed company? I'm afraid "weed" be up in smoke with this guy.
Who's gonna be his V.P. - Snoop Dog?

Gary Johnson Named CEO of Cannabis Sativa, Inc.

Comments (0) Matt Chelsea July 2, 2014

Gov. Gary Johnson has made a name for himself as a marijuana advocate. Now he plans to cash in with Cannabis Sativa, Inc.
Gary Johnson can add the title of $50 Million Man to his resume that includes former two-term Republican governor of New Mexico and the 2012 Libertarian Party presidential nominee. That’s how much the thinly-traded shares of Cannabis Sativa, Inc. - listed as CBDS on the Over-the-Counter stock market - gained in total value in the days since the company named Johnson as its president and chief executive officer on June 30.
With the Associated Press, Reuters, Gawker.com and plenty of other news outlets picking up the story, shares of Cannabis Sativa, Inc. jumped to $8 from $4 in just a few hours in brisk trades.
Overlooked in the green rush is the company’s status as a development stage outfit aiming to sell marijuana products in Colorado, Washington State and anywhere else where pot is eventually legal. That basically means the company has yet to produce a profit. Yet investors are betting some day it will, with a fairly big name like Johnson at the helm.
Johnson: 'I don’t know if I’m the Bill Gates of marijuana, but we might be the Microsoft of marijuana. The whole country is going to legalize marijuana in 10 years, and then so goes the world.'
In the world of the stock market, Cannabis Sativa, Inc. remains in the purely speculative realm of penny stocks, where several marijuana-inspired companies now reside.
But it has a good story. Joining Johnson in the company is Steve Kubby, the 1998 Libertarian Party of California candidate for Governor and an author on drug policy reform. Kubby is now chairman of Cannabis Sativa Inc. Both are long-time supporters of cannabis legalization. Johnson hopes to deliver products “that could change the world for the better.”
However, citing an old Doonesbury cartoon from the '90s dot-com boom: So far the company’s only major product is its stock.
Under a deal to buy Kubby’s company, Kush, Cannabis Sativa, Inc. will research, develop and license cannabis formulas, edibles, topicals, strains, recipes and delivery systems, license from Kubby a medicinal cannabis strain called NZT, and sell a proprietary cannabis lozenge delivery methodology and a trauma cream formula, among other plans. About the lozenge, Johnson raves, "It's very, very pleasant. Rather than a go-to-sleep marijuana, it’s a clean-your-house marijuana.”
Playing up the media interest around his new job, Johnson adds with hyperbole: “I don’t know if I’m the Bill Gates of marijuana, but we might be the Microsoft of marijuana. The whole country is going to legalize marijuana in 10 years, and then so goes the world.”
High hopes indeed, but you never know. If Cannabis Sativa, Inc. could sell sound bites along with grass, it would be challenging Microsoft already. But somebody is going to make billions on legal weed sooner or later. The Budweiser of bud may be closer than you think. Trust me, somebody, perhaps even Cannabis Sativa, Inc., is going to hit it big.

Last edited by Baychamp1; 03-12-2016 at 12:26 AM.
Old 03-12-2016, 04:42 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baychamp1 View Post
So our best option is CEO of a weed company? I'm afraid "weed" be up in smoke with this guy.

Gov. Gary Johnson has made a name for himself as a marijuana advocate. Now he plans to cash in with Cannabis Sativa, Inc.
Gary Johnson can add the title of $50 Million Man to his resume that includes former two-term Republican governor of New Mexico and the 2012 Libertarian Party presidential nominee. That’s how much the thinly-traded shares of Cannabis Sativa, Inc. - listed as CBDS on the Over-the-Counter stock market - gained in total value in the days since the company named Johnson as its president and chief executive officer on June 30.
With the Associated Press, Reuters, Gawker.com and plenty of other news outlets picking up the story, shares of Cannabis Sativa, Inc. jumped to $8 from $4 in just a few hours in brisk trades.
Overlooked in the green rush is the company’s status as a development stage outfit aiming to sell marijuana products in Colorado, Washington State and anywhere else where pot is eventually legal. That basically means the company has yet to produce a profit. Yet investors are betting some day it will, with a fairly big name like Johnson at the helm.
Johnson: 'I don’t know if I’m the Bill Gates of marijuana, but we might be the Microsoft of marijuana. The whole country is going to legalize marijuana in 10 years, and then so goes the world.'
In the world of the stock market, Cannabis Sativa, Inc. remains in the purely speculative realm of penny stocks, where several marijuana-inspired companies now reside.
But it has a good story. Joining Johnson in the company is Steve Kubby, the 1998 Libertarian Party of California candidate for Governor and an author on drug policy reform. Kubby is now chairman of Cannabis Sativa Inc. Both are long-time supporters of cannabis legalization. Johnson hopes to deliver products “that could change the world for the better.”
However, citing an old Doonesbury cartoon from the '90s dot-com boom: So far the company’s only major product is its stock.
Under a deal to buy Kubby’s company, Kush, Cannabis Sativa, Inc. will research, develop and license cannabis formulas, edibles, topicals, strains, recipes and delivery systems, license from Kubby a medicinal cannabis strain called NZT, and sell a proprietary cannabis lozenge delivery methodology and a trauma cream formula, among other plans. About the lozenge, Johnson raves, "It's very, very pleasant. Rather than a go-to-sleep marijuana, it’s a clean-your-house marijuana.”
Playing up the media interest around his new job, Johnson adds with hyperbole: “I don’t know if I’m the Bill Gates of marijuana, but we might be the Microsoft of marijuana. The whole country is going to legalize marijuana in 10 years, and then so goes the world.”
High hopes indeed, but you never know. If Cannabis Sativa, Inc. could sell sound bites along with grass, it would be challenging Microsoft already. But somebody is going to make billions on legal weed sooner or later. The Budweiser of bud may be closer than you think. Trust me, somebody, perhaps even Cannabis Sativa, Inc., is going to hit it big.
Any adult should be able to make that choice if that's something they've thought through and decided to consume.

Entrepreneur. He found a niche and is filling it. Smart business man. It is now a legal substance in several states which means he is not breaking the law. Any law that protects oneself from themselves is an unjust law. Thanks for the heads up on this company, just looked at their stock. It's now at .45/share and has been as high as 11.25.

He's going to make money, and doesn't sound like it will be going bankrupt like your nominee's business. Don't make me pull up Trump and his questionable background. And in case you missed the opening lines, he is a Republican who grabbed the Libertarian nominee. Will that open your eyes a bit?
Old 03-12-2016, 07:09 AM
Redfish

Cash: 919

God or Jesus Christ could run against the democrats and not win because we have to many welfare recipients wanting a free ride.
Old 03-12-2016, 07:47 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dogface View Post
It has worked pretty good the past 2 pres elections for them. We know how they are going to vote we just need to beat them. We can't beat them by dividing up our votes. At this point I feel that it's more important to beat them than it is to vote for someone that has absolutely no chance to win.
If you would take a step back and look at what you are saying it's exactly what arguing against

Trump or Cruz can win. They are not like your last two Republican Party candidates like Romney or McCain. cruz is an actual conservative Trump is trump and listening to some of these Bernie supporters they are very against Hillary and will stay home or vote for a 3rd party if she gets the nomination. She will get the nomination
Old 03-12-2016, 10:53 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,275

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baychamp1 View Post

Yup....CEO of a Weed Company.... also Climber of 6 of the 7 worlds tallest mountains (including Everest). Also someone who successfully curbed big government in his state and returned it SOUNDLY to a good fiscal standing. A person who is also a Staunch supporter of not only Gun Rights and 2nd amendment, but is in support of every single one of your rights as an American citizen. Simply put a man who has done nearly everything right for his country his whole life. A man who's stated policies actually make sense and offer VIABLE solutions to real problems that this country faces.

But instead you propose that our "best" option is some raging crack headed fool who has made a name for himself out of failing with both his and other peoples money in such spectacular fashions time and time again.. Said fool's every voiced idea is simply a push, to hit sound bites that his campaign has identified as being hot topics. Said fool has openly lambasted the republican party as being full of fools and idiots who will vote for anyone, as long as they are saying what they want to hear.

Brother, i will take that pot smoker over you and yours every damned day of the year.
Old 03-12-2016, 10:56 AM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by AceArcher View Post
Yup....CEO of a Weed Company.... also Climber of 6 of the 7 worlds tallest mountains (including Everest). Also someone who successfully curbed big government in his state and returned it SOUNDLY to a good fiscal standing. A person who is also a Staunch supporter of not only Gun Rights and 2nd amendment, but is in support of every single one of your rights as an American citizen. Simply put a man who has done nearly everything right for his country his whole life. A man who's stated policies actually make sense and offer VIABLE solutions to real problems that this country faces.

But instead you propose that our "best" option is some raging crack headed fool who has made a name for himself out of failing with both his and other peoples money in such spectacular fashions time and time again.. Said fool's every voiced idea is simply a push, to hit sound bites that his campaign has identified as being hot topics. Said fool has openly lambasted the republican party as being full of fools and idiots who will vote for anyone, as long as they are saying what they want to hear.

Brother, i will take that pot smoker over you and yours every damned day of the year.
Then get ready for a Democrat in the White House.

As a someone in the financial sector I don't like that some of Trumps companies have filed bankruptcy. But like smart business people he took advantage of loopholes created by Washington. Those filings were a strategic move that every businessman would most likely have made.

PS: See bolded text. Are we supposed to care about this?
Old 03-12-2016, 11:22 AM
Redfish

Quote:
Any adult should be able to make that choice if that's something they've thought through and decided to consume.

Entrepreneur. He found a niche and is filling it. Smart business man. It is now a legal substance in several states which means he is not breaking the law. Any law that protects oneself from themselves is an unjust law. Thanks for the heads up on this company, just looked at their stock. It's now at .45/share and has been as high as 11.25.

He's going to make money, and doesn't sound like it will be going bankrupt like your nominee's business. Don't make me pull up Trump and his questionable background. And in case you missed the opening lines, he is a Republican who grabbed the Libertarian nominee. Will that open your eyes a bit?
He didn't start this company, he was brought onboard for the notoriety of having a former 2 term US governor as CEO. Doesn't matter on opinions of weed legalization, their dealing in all cash, no banks will touch their money for fear of siezure. As far as switching political parties, the greatest conservative of modern times was pre 1962 a democrat, Remember his famous line "I didn't leave the Democratic Party, the Party left me" Ronald Reagan. So as far as opening my eyes, if this dude gets elected we won't be able to, everbody gonna be Chinese eyes

Last edited by Baychamp1; 03-12-2016 at 11:48 AM.
Old 03-12-2016, 12:20 PM
Redfish

After the disruption in Chicago @ the Trump rally maybe DJT needs to think about hiring Gary. With his Spider Man like skills he could have scaled the Sears Tower & dropped blunts into the crowd, within 15 min everbodys headed to either the donut shop or Taco Bell