SaltyCajun.com http://redtunashirtclub.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 06-12-2018, 02:36 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reefman View Post
Why the interest in farming? I thought you hunt ringnecks and mergansers in the Bay?
We don't be even get them anymore hardly. The Yankees have gotten them to switch to corn there is so much laying on the ground from the no till practices and not to mention all the open water from the heated ponds They don't have to come south anymore
Old 06-13-2018, 02:55 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgoods17 View Post
first off, the caption of that video says "mallards just showing up"... the majority of the birds in that video are not mallards....

second, you say "you can see the ducks just got here".. how in the world can you tell they just got here... just because the birds finally get to rest and stack up in a field without getting ran off every morning by a hunter, doesnt mean they just show up.

third, ban flooding fields north of i-20? are you crazy? you are straight up banning flooding all of the rice fields in arkansas? what about the rice we flood down here in swla, you are barking up the wrong tree with that garbage..

and lastly, if you gonna ban spinners, ban the all. not just in dry fields......

You can tell the ducks just got here cause their feet are bright orange and clean
Old 06-13-2018, 05:15 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,001

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
You can tell the ducks just got here cause their feet are bright orange and clean
Continentals

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 06-13-2018, 10:49 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,174

Looked for land in the Midwest this year for a long time before i settled on northern Oklahoma. The amount of wrp land in the Midwest is staggering and there are a number of new projects coming online. Arkansas isn't killing mallards like they use to, now they are getting "our" gray ducks and Missouri is killing more mallards. This trend will probably only get worse. With the cold this should have been a banner year in Louisiana, it wasn't.
Old 06-13-2018, 11:35 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
Looked for land in the Midwest this year for a long time before i settled on northern Oklahoma. The amount of wrp land in the Midwest is staggering and there are a number of new projects coming online. Arkansas isn't killing mallards like they use to, now they are getting "our" gray ducks and Missouri is killing more mallards. This trend will probably only get worse. With the cold this should have been a banner year in Louisiana, it wasn't.

Arkansas and Missouri also had a major drought. I think the birds just went around us, because they were in Oklahoma early this year. I also understand they had a pretty good season in most of Mississippi.