SaltyCajun.com http://www.angler-products.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 12-11-2013, 04:12 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,596

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgizzle View Post
I'd rather see(in a hunting scenario) 5 teal get picked up at once than watch someone stand up in blind casting and blowing whistles while ducks are in the general area. 5 teal would take a ribbon dog 5different retrieves making the process 4x longer. Or can you "make" a ribbon dog pick up 5 at a time. 2 banded possibly for shats n giggles.

My. 02
See below

"Go ahead, share your opinion! I won't cry"

Old 12-11-2013, 04:39 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 4,393

Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Dawg View Post
I got 10k for the first one to throw a rock 400 yards!
With my arm?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
Tripletail

Cash: 1,022

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickt87 View Post
A ducks a duck. A spades a spade. What you call a blind is in no way in any dog terminology in any country, a blind. What you call a blind is a "hunt em up" in the dog world. Which occurs when the dog is put down wind of a specific area where the bird fell and is told to hunt it up. This is done as a last resort if the bird went down in a very thick area that obstructed the acutal view of fall or the bird was crippled and the exact location of the bird is unknown. Usually doesn't get much bigger than 100'x100' area. You my friend have a dog that "hunts em up" over a 1/4 square mile.
Hence, this is where the term rock dog probably came from....... Throw them in the vacinity until the dog winds it....
Sailfish

Cash: 1,334

Quote:
I thought a blind was a blind

A bird a dog doesn't mark aka see fall .

It was posted before that a blind from a reputable dog training standpoint was to send em on blind and try to have the least amount of cast nescecarry.

If deadly Ds dog can be sent on on one cast which the only cast he needs to get a honorable retrieve. That's probably gonna be the least out of the two dogs

Raymond is a very credible dog trainer I'm not trying to take anything from him but he learns from expierience.

Deadly D seems pretty darn expierienced as well.

It's now obvious you have no clue what a blind is also.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:51 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,733

They are two completely different types of hunting dog styles of retreiving. While they both work. One is very disciplined and directed like a trained fighter with strict rules. While the other is more freestyle kinda like a bad *** street fighter.

I can assure you if you run them on a real blind (field trial) type. The rock dog, no matter how great he may be doesn't stand a chance.

But the field trial dog will prolly not bring back 4 ducks at a time. So each dog will do well in its normal discipline.

Just sayin. Not knocking either. I would gladly hunt either.
Old 12-11-2013, 04:55 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,596

Quote:
Originally Posted by rustyb View Post
They are two completely different types of hunting dog styles of retreiving. While they both work. One is very disciplined and directed like a trained fighter with strict rules. While the other is more freestyle kinda like a bad *** street fighter.

I can assure you if you run them on a real blind (field trial) type. The rock dog, no matter how great he may be doesn't stand a chance.

But the field trial dog will prolly not bring back 4 ducks at a time. So each dog will do well in its normal discipline.

Just sayin. Not knocking either. I would gladly hunt either.
^^This thread should end after this quote^^

Old 12-11-2013, 04:57 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Attached Images
File Type: jpg images (7).jpg (34.6 KB, 126 views)
Old 12-11-2013, 05:09 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

Quote:
I thought a blind was a blind

A bird a dog doesn't mark aka see fall .

It was posted before that a blind from a reputable dog training standpoint was to send em on blind and try to have the least amount of cast nescecarry.

If deadly Ds dog can be sent on on one cast which the only cast he needs to get a honorable retrieve. That's probably gonna be the least out of the two dogs

Raymond is a very credible dog trainer I'm not trying to take anything from him but he learns from expierience.

Deadly D seems pretty darn expierienced as well.

Let's try this for the 8th time. If the dog is sent out and runs all over god's creation, checkin every corner of the marsh until it SOB's (stumbles on bird), it's not a Blind. If the dog miraculously lines up perfectly in the direction the handler wants it to go, then punches out 400 yds in a straight line to the bird, fighting factors without any casts, then he's wasting a lot of god given talent by just hunting him and needs to enter him in an All-Age stake immediately.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:30 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Not gonna lie, my next dog will not be considered a rock dog, unless there is absolutely no hope for him. Haven't seen any of Raymond's dogs, but I have seen Braquet's and its pretty nice watching a dog work like that.
I can see where it has become a hobby for most of y'all on this thread.
And I'm tired of getting every duck dropped in my pond, and every cripple that falls in the jungle on the back of my pond.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:34 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,569

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spunt Drag View Post
Let's try this for the 8th time. If the dog is sent out and runs all over god's creation, checkin every corner of the marsh until it SOB's (stumbles on bird), it's not a Blind. If the dog miraculously lines up perfectly in the direction the handler wants it to go, then punches out 400 yds in a straight line to the bird, fighting factors without any casts, then he's wasting a lot of god given talent by just hunting him and needs to enter him in an All-Age stake immediately.
I was thinking the exact same thing!!! That is a hell of a dog!!!
Old 12-11-2013, 05:39 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 919

Seriously, I have a dog I payed 50 dollars for. He uses hand signals and if he's confused a rock. He got 42 ducks this weekend every bird I shot I through three rocks the entire time. If you can't handle that. Go to labor ready and get a smuck for ten doolars an hour. Cheaper then spending 15 grand on a dog. If you think your gonna impress anybody by paying that much money for a dog. It better be able to look up shooting times on the internet, and as for those 400 yard retrieves . Learn how to shoot.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:43 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,935

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-TOP View Post
I was thinking the exact same thing!!! That is a hell of a dog!!!
Ok big shots yall talk all the crap. I will cast my dog on the line and he will take that line through the obstacles that are in front of him. Not go around this or that and have to blow the whistle every 2 seconds to get put back on line. Now with all yall's talk who is brining there dog in the morning if anyone wants to show up
Old 12-11-2013, 05:53 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadly D View Post
Ok big shots yall talk all the crap. I will cast my dog on the line and he will take that line through the obstacles that are in front of him. Not go around this or that and have to blow the whistle every 2 seconds to get put back on line. Now with all yall's talk who is brining there dog in the morning if anyone wants to show up
I'm no big shot, but i fully understand the difficulty of what you are saying your dog can do.

If your dog can actually be cast on a true 400yard blind through all you say, run a straight line and retrieve that bird. You have an extrodinary dog, not a good dog! Thats what makes it sound like you may not be completly truthful about the whole deal....

I would love to see your dog run this blind. I am off on friday, saturday, and sunday, if yall arrange to run these dogs on those days i'll be there to watch.
Old 12-11-2013, 05:55 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Is it common for dogs to be able to run 400yard blinds through sea cane and cat tails, with no hand signals or direction from the owners where you are from? Or do you realize you're dog may be a freak of nature?
Old 12-11-2013, 05:59 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Is it common for dogs to be able to run 400yard blinds through sea cane and cat tails, with no hand signals or direction from the owners where you are from? Or do you realize you're dog may be a freak of nature?
Why do you think my bet is so high buddy, I know what my dog can do and has done plan and simple. That's why I am tired of hearing "ROCK DOG"
Old 12-11-2013, 06:08 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Why do you think my bet is so high buddy, I know what my dog can do and has done plan and simple. That's why I am tired of hearing "ROCK DOG"
I can understand a little frustration with that from some people. I used to have dogs that I had to throw rocks for. My pup now just turned a year nov.13, she is not trianed by raymond. But she will not be a "rock dog" either.
Old 12-11-2013, 06:12 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
I can understand a little frustration with that from some people. I used to have dogs that I had to throw rocks for. My pup now just turned a year nov.13, she is not trianed by raymond. But she will not be a "rock dog" either.
This is no young dog, he has been hunting for awhile and few different places. He hunts about 80 days out the season, Teal, ducks then specks
Old 12-11-2013, 06:17 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
D aint the type to talk for the hell of it... If the man says his dog can do it, I believe him
Old 12-11-2013, 06:22 PM
Red Snapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
D aint the type to talk for the hell of it... If the man says his dog can do it, I believe him
I don't know D, but I'd sure like to meet his dog!!
Old 12-11-2013, 06:27 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,044

I can honestly say I've never seen a dog line a 400 yard blind with no whistles. I have to say you have one hell off dog and congrats to you.