SaltyCajun.com http://www.boltonford.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Freshwater Fishing Discussion

Freshwater Fishing Discussion For discussion of everything freshwater!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-23-2014, 10:47 AM
alphaman's Avatar
alphaman alphaman is offline
Sailfish
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: LAFAYETTE
Posts: 4,079
Cash: 3,710
Default Sac-a- lait Thread

Whats your go to lure when fishing for sac-a-lait?

I have a bunch of tube jigs and hair jigs, But they are pretty old thinking about re stocking with some up to date tackle.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-23-2014, 11:06 AM
AubreyLaHaye458's Avatar
AubreyLaHaye458 AubreyLaHaye458 is offline
King Mackeral
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Vidrine, La
Posts: 2,174
Cash: 3,728
Default

My grandfather catches a good bit of white perch and he almost always used tube jigs on small jig heads. Just castes out with a slow retrieve. A lot of blue/white and red/white colors. Every now and then he'll use black/chart or rootbeer color also.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-23-2014, 11:21 AM
BIG-C's Avatar
BIG-C BIG-C is offline
Red Snapper
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: ville platte
Posts: 1,287
Cash: 10,458
Default

My go to is Creole Majic tube jigs in blue/white,black/white and blue/chartruese on a 32nd ounce unpainted jighead with a small cork,I catch them at lakes anywhere I go like that in spring,summer and fall.If you need pics of those baits let me know.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-23-2014, 11:26 AM
FF_T_Warren's Avatar
FF_T_Warren FF_T_Warren is offline
Ling
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Walker, LA
Posts: 3,024
Cash: 1,338
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG-C View Post
My go to is Creole Majic tube jigs in blue/white,black/white and blue/chartruese on a 32nd ounce unpainted jighead with a small cork,I catch them at lakes anywhere I go like that in spring,summer and fall.If you need pics of those baits let me know.
And there ya go. The crappy commander has spoken. You won't be able to find a creole magic tube jig within 100 miles of this place now
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-23-2014, 11:27 AM
T-Bone T-Bone is offline
Email Address Not Verified
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Lafayette
Posts: 437
Cash: 111
Default

1/32 jig head white tube jig with chartreuse tail and red head under a slip cork with a bobber stopper and a split shot about 6 inches above the jig head if needed to get down quickly.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-23-2014, 11:30 AM
alphaman's Avatar
alphaman alphaman is offline
Sailfish
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: LAFAYETTE
Posts: 4,079
Cash: 3,710
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FF_T_Warren View Post
And there ya go. The crappy commander has spoken. You won't be able to find a creole magic tube jig within 100 miles of this place now
Lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-23-2014, 03:13 PM
duckman1911's Avatar
duckman1911 duckman1911 is offline
Sailfish
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Otis
Posts: 4,194
Cash: 5,193
Default

A stick of dynamite would be the only chance I would have at catching them. I've never been very successful at catching them dang fish. I always seem to be a day early or a day late.
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-23-2014, 03:16 PM
alphaman's Avatar
alphaman alphaman is offline
Sailfish
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: LAFAYETTE
Posts: 4,079
Cash: 3,710
Default

Me too. But I'm a going to try again this year.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-23-2014, 03:20 PM
Top Dawg's Avatar
Top Dawg Top Dawg is offline
Swordfish
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: swla
Posts: 6,946
Cash: 460
Default

Shiners
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-23-2014, 04:30 PM
Armand16's Avatar
Armand16 Armand16 is offline
King Mackeral
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Lafayette
Posts: 2,601
Cash: 4,609
Default

Joker jigs in pink and green did well in Henderson last year.

1/32 oz chart jig head w/ crappie nibble
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-23-2014, 04:57 PM
bgizzle's Avatar
bgizzle bgizzle is offline
Sailfish
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: broussard,La
Posts: 4,526
Cash: 5,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armand16 View Post
Joker jigs in pink and green did well in Henderson last year.

1/32 oz chart jig head w/ crappie nibble
You ain't lyin! Prolly saw yours on a stump across from mcgees in on of my honey holes! Painted jh with an eye on it


"Go ahead, share your opinion! I won't cry"
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-23-2014, 04:59 PM
Armand16's Avatar
Armand16 Armand16 is offline
King Mackeral
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Lafayette
Posts: 2,601
Cash: 4,609
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgizzle View Post
You ain't lyin! Prolly saw yours on a stump across from mcgees in on of my honey holes! Painted jh with an eye on it


"Go ahead, share your opinion! I won't cry"
That's it. And a loop knot
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-23-2014, 05:01 PM
bgizzle's Avatar
bgizzle bgizzle is offline
Sailfish
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: broussard,La
Posts: 4,526
Cash: 5,596
Default

Uhhhh yep


"Go ahead, share your opinion! I won't cry"
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 01-23-2014, 05:14 PM
MathGeek's Avatar
MathGeek MathGeek is offline
King Mackeral
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Baton Rouge, LA
Posts: 2,931
Cash: 4,452
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
A stick of dynamite would be the only chance I would have at catching them. I've never been very successful at catching them dang fish. I always seem to be a day early or a day late.
Story of my life too. Caught a big one here and there fishing shiners for bass, but always wrong time and place when targeting them.
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 01-23-2014, 07:23 PM
Country Boy's Avatar
Country Boy Country Boy is offline
Ling
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Arnaudville La.
Posts: 3,030
Cash: 2,829
Default

We have been using this type of jig. This one is a strike king but prefer the kind by bass assassin. Once we started using these that's pretty much all we use now and the sacalait love it!! ImageUploadedByTapatalk1390522984.603898.jpg


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 01-23-2014, 07:44 PM
alphaman's Avatar
alphaman alphaman is offline
Sailfish
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: LAFAYETTE
Posts: 4,079
Cash: 3,710
Default

Thats Good to know! I have some of those!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 01-23-2014, 07:47 PM
bgizzle's Avatar
bgizzle bgizzle is offline
Sailfish
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: broussard,La
Posts: 4,526
Cash: 5,596
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Boy View Post
We have been using this type of jig. This one is a strike king but prefer the kind by bass assassin. Once we started using these that's pretty much all we use now and the sacalait love it!! Attachment 62295


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
80% of our fish we caught lat yr were on that bait in blue thunder with pink tail and electric chkn


"Go ahead, share your opinion! I won't cry"
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 01-23-2014, 08:28 PM
Country Boy's Avatar
Country Boy Country Boy is offline
Ling
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Arnaudville La.
Posts: 3,030
Cash: 2,829
Default

Yeah we were catching a good bit a few weeks ago and another guy was fishing near us not catching anything, he asked what we were using , he said he tried pretty much every jig he had so we gave him a few jigs and he started catching right away!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 01-23-2014, 08:45 PM
duckman1911's Avatar
duckman1911 duckman1911 is offline
Sailfish
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Otis
Posts: 4,194
Cash: 5,193
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Boy View Post
Yeah we were catching a good bit a few weeks ago and another guy was fishing near us not catching anything, he asked what we were using , he said he tried pretty much every jig he had so we gave him a few jigs and he started catching right away!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thats what I like about fishing peeps. They'll help a fellow brother out when they can. Fish in the box for everyone
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 01-23-2014, 10:34 PM
blackmamba's Avatar
blackmamba blackmamba is offline
Red Snapper
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: lafayette
Posts: 1,746
Cash: 1,348
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
Thats what I like about fishing peeps. They'll help a fellow brother out when they can. Fish in the box for everyone

Countryboy is a good dude like that. In Henderson a couple years ago he called me and my nephew over to where they were catching and told us what to use and where to throw and we started catching em pretty good. My nephews first fish and the first time I ever caught sacalait like that. Damn good dude!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:12 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - [ARG:3 UNDEFINED], Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
vB.Sponsors
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007 - 2008, PixelFX Studios
SaltyCajun.com logo provided by Bryce Risher

All content, images, designs, and logos are Copyright © 2009-2012,
Salty Cajun, LLC
No unathorized use is permitted
Geo Visitors Map