SaltyCajun.com http://cajunrodandreelrepair.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 08-04-2010, 10:53 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217
Default 142 citations on Ouiska ****to River

Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries (LDWF) Enforcement Division agents issued 142 citations on the Ouiska ****to River in Allen Parish during the months of May, June and July 2010.
Numerous Enforcement Division details on the Ouiska ****to River throughout the summer months consisted of boating safety patrols, surveillance for illegal drug activity, littering and underaged consumption of alcohol.
Agents issued seven boating safety citations, 24 littering citations,78 citations for consuming or possessing alcohol under 21, nine drug citations and 24 glass container citations. LDWF Enforcement agents also made arrests for disturbing the peace for fighting and public intoxication.
The Ouiska ****to is a scenic river in Allen Parish and is a popular destination for families involved in canoeing, bird watching, photography and fishing. LDWF Enforcement agents along with the Allen Parish Sheriff's Office maintain frequent patrols on the river during the summer months. With the persistent law enforcement presence, there has been a significant decline in underage drinking and littering on the Ouiska ****to River.
The penalty for purchase and public possession of alcoholic beverages under the age of 21 is a fine up to $100, or imprisonment for up to six months or both. The boating safety violations carry a fine of $50, or jail time up to 15 days or both for a first offense. The fines for the glass violations and littering are set by the Allen Parish District Attorney's Office.
Old 08-04-2010, 11:08 PM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,828

I know their presence was heavy this year and it made a huge difference. I'm not one for really wanting the authorities around but the underage drinking was terrible.

I personally don't care if a 16 yr old has a beer or two but when it gets difficult to take the kids because of a drunk teenager(s) filthy mouth and actions it was nice to see them clean it up....

And I'm not saying that I did not get stupid drunk when I was 16 but I knew better than to do it in public. We hit the woods for a weekend and stayed out of everyone's way....
Old 08-04-2010, 11:26 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,864
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries (LDWF) Enforcement Division agents issued 142 citations on the Ouiska ****to River in Allen Parish during the months of May, June and July 2010.
Numerous Enforcement Division details on the Ouiska ****to River throughout the summer months consisted of boating safety patrols, surveillance for illegal drug activity, littering and underaged consumption of alcohol.
Agents issued seven boating safety citations, 24 littering citations,78 citations for consuming or possessing alcohol under 21, nine drug citations and 24 glass container citations. LDWF Enforcement agents also made arrests for disturbing the peace for fighting and public intoxication.
The Ouiska ****to is a scenic river in Allen Parish and is a popular destination for families involved in canoeing, bird watching, photography and fishing. LDWF Enforcement agents along with the Allen Parish Sheriff's Office maintain frequent patrols on the river during the summer months. With the persistent law enforcement presence, there has been a significant decline in underage drinking and littering on the Ouiska ****to River.
The penalty for purchase and public possession of alcoholic beverages under the age of 21 is a fine up to $100, or imprisonment for up to six months or both. The boating safety violations carry a fine of $50, or jail time up to 15 days or both for a first offense. The fines for the glass violations and littering are set by the Allen Parish District Attorney's Office.
Why "***to" and not ****to? Just wondering
Old 08-04-2010, 11:27 PM
King Mackeral

Cool weird

wow, that's weird. I type ****to and it comes out with 4 asteriks and a to. hmmmmm????
Old 08-04-2010, 11:37 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaLatt View Post
wow, that's weird. I type ****to and it comes out with 4 asteriks and a to. hmmmmm????
yeah we used ch*t so much shad put it in the word filter
Old 08-05-2010, 08:33 AM
Great White

Cash: 2,534

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
yeah we used ch*t so much shad put it in the word filter
BANNED
Old 08-05-2010, 08:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluechip View Post
I'm not one for really wanting the authorities around but the underage drinking was terrible.
X 2 They have a way of taking the fun out of a lot of outdoor activities.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray View Post
surveillance for illegal drug activity
how much weight is actually moving down this river?
Old 08-05-2010, 09:00 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Nothing worse than a drunk obnoxious teen or anyone for that matter cursing like a bad sailor when you are on a family outing. Normally where the fight part comes in because somebody out with their family finally gets enough of it.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:15 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 640

we've been out there alot this year and seen LDWF out there everytime...and not just one or two officers, like between 7-10 at about the halfway point just pointing and saying "pull up"...watched a lot of idiots get tickets for stuff that they knew better than to do...Headed out there again this weekend...
Old 08-05-2010, 05:16 PM
King Mackeral

Default Saturday canoe trip

If you are out there on saturday please watch out for a group of seniors from St. Louis High School in Lake Charles for me. My son will be with that group of about 10-15 canoes.
Old 08-05-2010, 05:27 PM
Flounder

Cash: 683

New to area; where this place at?
Old 08-05-2010, 05:32 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

It is about half way between Lake Charles and Alexandria.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:20 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

Mitte, La., just West of Oberlin.
Old 08-05-2010, 06:49 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 640

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScubaLatt View Post
If you are out there on saturday please watch out for a group of seniors from St. Louis High School in Lake Charles for me. My son will be with that group of about 10-15 canoes.

Will do...Husband's boss has a son that goes there and done told him to tell everyone going not to be drinking or have any glass...if they listen is another story...
Old 08-05-2010, 07:41 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,002

for you guys with family yall should go out of kinder (lebleau) between reeves and kinder.....the trip is about the same and is alot more family oriented. the oberlin trip has gotten pretty bad. my dad and my buddies dad got jump on last year at our old camp for telling a guy and his buddies not to piss in front of the women at our camp. this is not the first time this has happened. wish i was around when this went down my dad is in his upper 60s. these kids was 18 and 19.....there is good people that go but i personally would not bring my kids down there. too many drugs and drunks looking to fight.....

we use to invite the cops to our camp. they did alot of good but they would write the wrong people some times. i seen church people (long pants and full shirts) get wrote for mayo jars. they just didn't know. but i also seen alot of drugs come off the creek.
Old 08-15-2010, 07:25 AM
Flounder

Cash: 650

I grew up in that area. I did a lot of bad along that river. We always hung around at the end at Carpenters bridge, spending the day on the sandbar. I moved away from there about 12 yrs ago and haven't been back. I definately would call it a family place.