Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Boating Talk

Boating Talk For discussion of everything related to boats and motors

Old 03-25-2011, 02:17 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 565

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckinchen View Post
A big factor in my buying decsion was how long I planned to keep the boat. Several Guides are buying these boats and never keep them more than two years. I will keep my boat 1-3 years so it dosen't matter if it lasts 10 years to me or not.

This perceived huge profit margin creates an entry point for someone else to one day come in at a lower price given the profit that has to be in this boat.

Right now people really like/want the boat so Chris can charge whatever he wants, good for him.
You are spending that kind of money and you do not care if it last 10 years wow I would. There is no excuse other than cost and labor for that boat company not to use composite material, backyard boat builders all over Florida have figured out how to use it. I guess if they used composite it would be a $70000.00 dollar boat. You are right they can charge whatever
they want I just confusedwhy people are buying the boat at that price.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:27 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,086
Eek Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by specknation View Post
You are spending that kind of money and you do not care if it last 10 years wow I would. There is no excuse other than cost and labor for that boat company not to use composite material, backyard boat builders all over Florida have figured out how to use it. I guess if they used composite it would be a $70000.00 dollar boat. You are right they can charge whatever
X2
Old 03-25-2011, 02:39 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Cash: 22,190

Quote:

It has a great ride and is very fast boat that can be custom built. Everyone is different, for me price was not a big factor in my decsion.

I probably would have also been happy with a BlackJack or Yellowfin, I know people that own both and they love their boat.

I managed to hi-jack this thread about the Cat, my appologies.
Old 03-25-2011, 02:53 PM
Tripletail

[QUOTE=ckinchen;238454]It has a great ride and is very fast boat that can be custom built. Everyone is different, for me price was not a big factor in my decsion.

I probably would have also been happy with a BlackJack or Yellowfin, I know people that own both and they love their boat.

I managed to hi-jack this thread about the Cat, my appologies.[/QUOTE

I am happy for you price is not a factor, that is not my point. My point
is getting what you paid for.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:00 PM
Site Owner/Admin

[quote=specknation;238462]
Quote:
It has a great ride and is very fast boat that can be custom built. Everyone is different, for me price was not a big factor in my decsion.

I managed to hi-jack this thread about the Cat, my appologies.[/QUOTE

I am happy for you price is not a factor, that is not my point. My point
is getting what you paid for.
My point was that you will not be able to explain the price of this boat by using what it should cost as a factor. People love the boat, they want it and they are willing to pay more to get it rather it makes sense or not. Some people decide what they want and will pay whatever it takes to get the boat that they want. There are enough of these type of people in Texas or otherwise Chris would lower his price.

Supply and demand always drives price, where those points meet on the price curve is called the equilibrium point which is also called the sales price. If demand does drop as PureBay said then a price drop will follow. It has absolutley nothing to do with getting what you paid for or what the boat should cost.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:09 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 657

Quote:
It cost way less to build a rolled edge boat than a liner boat, a friend of mine
just purchased a new 2010 240 Triton LTS Pro for 32,900 with a 225 optimax
If you put the Z21 on side of this Triton 240 the Triton would blow the Z21 away and save $10,000.00 not to mention resale on the Triton would be way
better. I understand what you guys or saying just does not make sense to me, a rolled edge boat has always been a way to save money in a boat purchase not spend more. The Haynie guys are laughing all the way to the bank.
that is probably closer to a flat out steal than the going rate.

here is a 220LTS with a 200opti marked down to $42k from $45k:
http://www.lmcboats.com/new_vehicle_...51&pov=1739575

i have no idea what options are included in the boat linked above, but the original price is close to what i paid for my 23LS/250ss haynie with garmin 545s GPS, bob's JP, motorguide wireless trolling motor, stainless pop up cleats, built in insulated fish box, sea star hyd steering, vhf, lenco trim tabs, radio/speakers, fiberglass hatches, on board battery charger, 4 optima batteries, attwood seats, lenco LED nav and anchor lights, livewell, etc... sitting on an aluminum trailer with LED lights, AFTER taxes.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:12 PM
Tripletail

[quote=ckinchen;238468]
Quote:

My point was that you will not be able to explain the price of this boat by using what it should cost as a factor. People love the boat, they want it and they are willing to pay more to get it rather it makes sense or not. Some people decide what they want and will pay whatever it takes to get the boat that they want. There are enough of these type of people in Texas or otherwise Chris would lower his price.

Supply and demand always drives price, where those points meet on the price curve is called the equilibrium point which is also called the sales price. If demand does drop as PureBay said then a price drop will follow. It has absolutley nothing to do with getting what you paid for or what the boat should cost.
Thanks for the business lesson, my point is that you can wrap it with stickers, disco seats in it when the day ends it is a single wall splatter coat grip boat with wood and cheap hardware. I just call it like I see it, dont take it personal.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:12 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,554

[quote=ckinchen;238468]
Quote:

Supply and demand always drives price, where those points meet on the price curve is called the equilibrium point which also the sales price. If demand does drop as PureBay said then a price drop will follow. It has absolutley nothing to do with getting what you paid for or what the boat should cost.
Casey, you receive an infraction for using too many "big words" on here such as equilibrium. There is no translator for "W".

On paper, there is no comparison between a Haynie, and a capped boat. The fit and finish is not even close. However, on paper and in "real life" are two different things. Every time I ride in W's I am amazed by its performance and its ability to get up on top of the waves. I would definitely consider purchasing one for my next boat. The Haynie makes no mistake about what it isn't: it's not a pleasure boat, ski boat, family boat, etc. It is a pure fishing machine and I can see how guides and other hardcore fisherman love these boats - not of whole lot of "purty" to have to worry about messing up.

I run a Triton and it's a great boat that is solid as a rock. But my Triton is just like everyone elses except for accessories. Not a bad thing, but the more I fish the more I wish I could tweak certain features, which is something you can't do with an assembly line boat.

But that's why we have a free market, to each his own. Especially in TX, where custom boat companies rule the market...
Old 03-25-2011, 03:17 PM
Ling

Smokin Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by offshore ag View Post
that is probably closer to a flat out steal than the going rate.

here is a 220LTS with a 200opti marked down to $42k from $45k:
http://www.lmcboats.com/new_vehicle_...51&pov=1739575

i have no idea what options are included in the boat linked above, but the original price is close to what i paid for my 23LS/250ss haynie with garmin 545s GPS, bob's JP, motorguide wireless trolling motor, stainless pop up cleats, built in insulated fish box, sea star hyd steering, vhf, lenco trim tabs, radio/speakers, fiberglass hatches, on board battery charger, 4 optima batteries, attwood seats, lenco LED nav and anchor lights, livewell, etc... sitting on an aluminum trailer with LED lights, AFTER taxes.
LMC is way overpriced..... Loads of triton 220 & 240 lts in Florida for 8-12k less.
Texas ...... U people pay more for a boat bc it's a socio-economic symbol.... Big boat, big house, etc means u make alot and therefore are have a higher seat at the table.
Making a comment like " price wasn't a factor" what a pri*k thing to say. I'm sure u work hard for Ur money, as do I. But dont make urself look like a total snob by saying that.

And if u could afford a yellowfin and didn't get one..... Bad choice.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:20 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by PUREBAY2200 View Post
LMC is way overpriced..... Loads of triton 220 & 240 lts in Florida for 8-12k less.
Texas ...... U people pay more for a boat bc it's a socio-economic symbol.... Big boat, big house, etc means u make alot and therefore are have a higher seat at the table.
Making a comment like " price wasn't a factor" what a pri*k thing to say. I'm sure u work hard for Ur money, as do I. But dont make urself look like a total snob by saying that.

This place is turning into that other website... Enough with the bashing -we're acting like a buncha kids! Like Days of Our Lives

I think the point he was trying to make was that he could buy any boat he wanted and he chose a Haynie...
Old 03-25-2011, 03:22 PM
Site Owner/Admin

[quote=specknation;238481]
Quote:

Thanks for the business lesson, my point is that you can wrap it with stickers, disco seats in it when the day ends it is a single wall splatter coat grip boat with wood and cheap hardware. I just call it like I see it, dont take it personal.
No worries specknation I certainly see your point. I love our free market so I get carried away sometimes and the nerd in me comes out.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:26 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:

Dude I am not all Texas, I am Baton Rouge born and my immediate family still lives in Hammond. I think you took it wrong. I was saying that I could have bought any boat I wanted but I decided to go with the Haynie. I wasn't taking a shot at someone that may or may not have the money to buy a 60k boat. I am not better or worse than the next guy. If anything I am lucky, very lucky.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:28 PM
Tripletail

Quote:

Well said Purebay
Old 03-25-2011, 03:31 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

*****....This thread is GREAT......How did I miss this one..

#1 Haynie boats have a Lifetime HULL Warranty..... Lifetime is just as good as plastic.....Haynie has been in business for a long time and yet have I heard one thing negative about them

#2 You customize your own boat...you make it how you want it and color...you cant do this with other market boats(blackjack-Triton-Seafox:-)

#3 Skinny water....Your not going where im going in a Triton ,Blackjack ,Narcotic Star or another lead sled...

Fished with Brent Slusher who has a Blue Wave....the places we went to catch fish...He said :that he never would he even try to attempt that in his boat....draft 9inch and I can take off in a foot of water....

#4 RIDE....Reason most guides are now moving to the Haynie is the dry ride and smoothness in rough water....

#5 HAULS AZZ

#6 Hold re sale value....Right now I can sell mine for $2000 less then I paid...AS I was offered to sell it and purchase a new one ...along with the others who sold,,,,
I had two guys who were interested in my boat....(Keeping it one more year)

#7 Price...The price has gone up from when I purchased my boat....I guess when the Guides were buying left and right....there was profit to be made.....One Reason why im holding on to mine....
Old 03-25-2011, 03:34 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
*****....This thread is GREAT......How did I miss this one..

#1 Haynie boats have a Lifetime HULL Warranty..... Lifetime is just as good as plastic.....Haynie has been in business for a long time and yet have I heard one thing negative about them

#2 You customize your own boat...you make it how you want it and color...you cant do this with other market boats(blackjack-Triton-Seafox:-)

#3 Skinny water....Your not going where im going in a Triton ,Blackjack ,Narcotic Star or another lead sled...

Fished with Brent Slusher who has a Blue Wave....the places we went to catch fish...He said :that he never would he even try to attempt that in his boat....draft 9inch and I can take off in a foot of water....

#4 RIDE....Reason most guides are now moving to the Haynie is the dry ride and smoothness in rough water....

#5 HAULS AZZ

#6 Hold re sale value....Right now I can sell mine for $2000 less then I paid...AS I was offered to sell it and purchase a new one ...along with the others who sold,,,,
I had two guys who were interested in my boat....(Keeping it one more year)

#7 Price...The price has gone up from when I purchased my boat....I guess when the Guides were buying left and right....there was profit to be made.....One Reason why im holding on to mine....
W, when I sell my Triton I am getting a NARCOTIC Star
Old 03-25-2011, 03:34 PM
Ling

Cheers Re

Quote:
Dude I am not all Texas, I am Baton Rouge born and my immediate family still lives in Hammond. I think you took it wrong. I was saying that I could have bought any boat I wanted but I decided to go with the Haynie. I wasn't taking a shot at someone that may or may not have the money to buy a 60k boat. I am not better or worse than the next guy. If anything I am lucky, very lucky.
Sorry I kinda blew up at ya, my bad.
I'm in Hammond.... Lol
I just get fed up with people advertising their $$$$.
I see what u were sayin now.
And freedom of choice & speech is what runs this country . And website
Old 03-25-2011, 03:37 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Quote:
Sorry I kinda blew up at ya, my bad.
I'm in Hammond.... Lol
I just get fed up with people advertising their $$$$.
I see what u were sayin now.
And freedom of choice & speech is what runs this country . And website
No worries PureBay. I love Hammond, great town. I use to spend alot of time over at the brown door.
Old 03-25-2011, 03:40 PM
Ling

Eek Re

Quote:
Yes I have no class, thanks for your observation. You wanted to know why people buy these boats and I told you why I bought mine, I'm done.
Dude, really. I'm gonna retract my apology if u keep making statements like that......
Btw..... Where are all the fish u catch in Ur boat or boats?
And y does Ur profile info say woodlands, tx??
Old 03-25-2011, 03:51 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Children, calm down. If a man can afford something and he chose one over the other, so what. For those who haven't had the oppurtunity to speak with Casey outside of this forum, you just don't know. He strikes me as a great guy and seems to let no $ blur his perception of himself. If anything, he has struck me as incredibly humble and doesn't mind going out of his way to get something done for someone.

He chose a Haynie when he could have spent more. I've never ridden in one but, from all the pics I've seen (even W's), I love em. I like that basic, I'm here to fish look.
Old 03-25-2011, 04:00 PM
Site Owner/Admin

Post 75 was Specknation making it personal, my edited post that really got you guys going was post 77 which yes I edited becuase even though what I said was the truth on my end it didn't look good and would have only made the situation worse. Post 75 got us going down this direction which was posted after you appologized PureBay on post 76. Please look post sequence and you will see what happened.