SaltyCajun.com http://www.egretbaits.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 11-28-2009, 10:56 PM
Redfish

Cash: 714
Default Lake Boudreaux Report (11/27 & 11/28)

I fished on Friday and Saturday in and around Lake Boudreaux in lower Terrebonne Parish. We had two good days for specks. No big fish, but there were plenty of them. Fish were caught on both swim baits and artificial shrimp under a cork. Ask Seeing Spots, I am the "King of Pop." Popping corks that is, even though I prefer to fish without them. Very few fish in the lake itself. Most of them were caught in canals off of the lake. I tried half-heartedly for reds with no luck.

Again, no pictures because I was too busy fishing. Oh, and don't think that Big Lake is the only place that has too many fishermen. It was crowded both days. Doesn't anyone work anymore?
Old 11-28-2009, 11:06 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,167

How many fish did you catch?
Old 11-29-2009, 02:16 PM
Redfish

Default Fish Count

Friday I went with two kids and between all of the knot tying, bait changing, knot eradication, fish unhooking, etc... we ended up with 25. I think I caught 20 of those (based upon the count that the kids were making), so it wasn't a bad day for me.

Saturday, I fished with a novice in-law who struggled. We ended up with 37 and had to leave them biting to make it to a family function. I am pretty sure that I caught all of my limit and some of his too.

These aren't great overall numbers, but with any help from my partners we would have limited out both days.
Old 11-29-2009, 03:08 PM
Ling

Cash: 512

nice bro, nice.took my lil man tristan out today, limited out on spex and 8 reds by 9.he stuck all thereds and i netted em all. he was worn the heck out
Old 11-29-2009, 07:20 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,167

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPaul View Post
Friday I went with two kids and between all of the knot tying, bait changing, knot eradication, fish unhooking, etc... we ended up with 25. I think I caught 20 of those (based upon the count that the kids were making), so it wasn't a bad day for me.

Saturday, I fished with a novice in-law who struggled. We ended up with 37 and had to leave them biting to make it to a family function. I am pretty sure that I caught all of my limit and some of his too.

These aren't great overall numbers, but with any help from my partners we would have limited out both days.

That ain't bad. Bring home the meat. Make momma and kids happy.
That's all you need to worry about.
Old 11-30-2009, 08:24 AM
Redfish

Cash: 850

I wish my inlaws lived in Chauvin. I could see it now " Honey, you want to go see your mom this weekend?"
Old 11-30-2009, 08:40 PM
Redfish

I visit my in laws more than anyone that I know. Sometimes I go without even brining my wife!?!
Old 11-30-2009, 08:51 PM

Cash: 376

epaul, help me out! i will be out there sat.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:41 PM
Redfish

Like I said, I couldn't find the redfish which is your main target. I have to say thought that I really didn't work too hard to find the reds. I caught the specks in Bayou Neuf and the surrounding areas. Boats were pretty thick in there also. This weekend will be a different story with the drastic weather change. I would think that the canals off of Bayou Chauvin should hold some reds. They always do at this time of year. This is a very far paddle for you in a kayak!

I wish I could be more help to you. Good luck!
Old 12-01-2009, 09:19 PM

Cash: 376

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPaul View Post
Like I said, I couldn't find the redfish which is your main target. I have to say thought that I really didn't work too hard to find the reds. I caught the specks in Bayou Neuf and the surrounding areas. Boats were pretty thick in there also. This weekend will be a different story with the drastic weather change. I would think that the canals off of Bayou Chauvin should hold some reds. They always do at this time of year. This is a very far paddle for you in a kayak!

I wish I could be more help to you. Good luck!
thanks for the info epaul ! i appreciate it . i will need all the luck i can get !!