SaltyCajun.com lake area banner

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 10-10-2014, 10:51 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,074
Default Lots of Action at the Pass

The bite out on Caldwell has been pretty good as of late. If you are looking for size, don't waste your time. If action is what you crave, the pass is the place to be. Past three days have been the best in the last two weeks. Fish on every cast with lots of white trout and throw backs, but every now and then you will find a 2 pounder. It's like a slot machine, just keep flinging quarters at them until it pays out. All fish caught on plastic. Change the color when the water changes. I double or triple rig everything and cast a lot. And please remember, the fish are everywhere out there, don't set up on someone slinging fish in the boat. I wouldn't ask you to share your wife, don't ask me to share my spot, it's just as inappropriate.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3744.jpg (97.6 KB, 1507 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3683.jpg (67.4 KB, 1503 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3634.jpg (65.0 KB, 1504 views)
Old 10-10-2014, 11:03 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,086

Haha yes sir nice haul!
Old 10-10-2014, 11:08 PM
Flounder

Cash: 958

Nice Marque!! You been rippin some lips!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-10-2014, 11:36 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by primeaux View Post
Nice Marque!! You been rippin some lips!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah Ced,

Turn out the lights, the party's over, they making me go back to work. My boat needs a break. 70 hours on the motor in 3 weeks. But I put some fish on the deck. Let's put a beating on them next time we are off at the same time.
Old 10-11-2014, 12:26 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,710

Sweet!!
Old 10-11-2014, 09:29 AM
Tripletail

Yeah, someone aught to try throwing an Alabama rig out there. $hit would get real in a hurry. Thought about trying it but I can't bring myself to by something that looks that retarded.
Old 10-11-2014, 09:35 AM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Nice catch....but I am more interested in the boat. Is that a cape bay?
Old 10-11-2014, 12:39 PM
Tripletail

Maybe
Old 10-11-2014, 01:01 PM
Tripletail

Yeah man. Had her about two months now. I'm very pleased. I hope you asking about the boat and not me. IF I lost my composer with you I sorry, I get a little excited when there's another boat in my bubble.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (43.0 KB, 1380 views)
Old 10-11-2014, 01:06 PM
Great White

Cash: 2,738

Haha nah didn't see you out there. Just noticed the front deck,only seen the cape's with that setup. My dream boat,fine ride right there.
Old 10-11-2014, 01:11 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 7,216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marque View Post
Yeah man. Had her about two months now. I'm very pleased. I hope you asking about the boat and not me. IF I lost my composer with you I sorry, I get a little excited when there's another boat in my bubble.

I'll be waiting in the cove when you pass by, definitely gone mark some new spots now!
Old 10-11-2014, 01:25 PM
Tripletail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goooh View Post
I'll be waiting in the cove when you pass by, definitely gone mark some new spots now!
Lol. Don't be hating cause I didn't go with a Triton. I stay away from that circus. I'm from the west side, the best side, and tend to stay there. You may catch
Me at the Avery evey blue moon but the Delcambre canal is the DMZ to me. When the Pointers come over Vermilion and think we like to spoon like they do in the cove I feel compelled to set some boundaries.
Old 10-11-2014, 02:16 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,939

Scouted around weeks bay yesterday afternoon and concluded the fish havent made it that far north yet. was conna go tot he pass today but my plans fell through.

great catch!
Old 10-11-2014, 02:26 PM
Swordfish

Quote:
Lol. Don't be hating cause I didn't go with a Triton. I stay away from that circus. I'm from the west side, the best side, and tend to stay there. You may catch

Me at the Avery evey blue moon but the Delcambre canal is the DMZ to me. When the Pointers come over Vermilion and think we like to spoon like they do in the cove I feel compelled to set some boundaries.

Lol, hope you got some bumpers cuz I'm comin tie on to ya
Old 10-11-2014, 02:45 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,216

Quote:
The bite out on Caldwell has been pretty good as of late. If you are looking for size, don't waste your time. If action is what you crave, the pass is the place to be. Past three days have been the best in the last two weeks. Fish on every cast with lots of white trout and throw backs, but every now and then you will find a 2 pounder. It's like a slot machine, just keep flinging quarters at them until it pays out. All fish caught on plastic. Change the color when the water changes. I double or triple rig everything and cast a lot. And please remember, the fish are everywhere out there, don't set up on someone slinging fish in the boat. I wouldn't ask you to share your wife, don't ask me to share my spot, it's just as inappropriate.
thank you for this i have been fishing da point for 2 weeks and catching a lot of those good eating gafftops but no trout. There have been a bunch of boats in da cove and weeks and i seen people catching trout and we get right up to them and throw anchor and then catch gafftops while they catch trout.

My cousins are coming down next week and I want to put them on some trout. I like that you catch them on every cast at Caldwell Reef so we gonna go and give them a try. My boat aint real big but I told my neighbor and he said he and his 10 friends that work offshore and are off this week want to go and they got big boats in case I run outta gas. I googled Caldwell Reef and see that it is pretty big. I am not asking for specific spots, but if you can point out on a map where you been catching I would be real happy. I want to show my cousins a good time and catch trout. I can not figure how to double rig on these corks that I use though. I have the 4" corks with a weight on the bottom and 2 feet of wire on them. Do I just tie another wire leader onto it or what? Are they biting on the big or small dead shrimp? thanks in advance
Old 10-11-2014, 03:47 PM
Swordfish

Lol, $100 bucks says that's W
Old 10-11-2014, 05:39 PM
Ling

Cash: 5,600

Just 100$$??
Old 10-11-2014, 05:42 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPointIsDaBomb View Post
thank you for this i have been fishing da point for 2 weeks and catching a lot of those good eating gafftops but no trout. There have been a bunch of boats in da cove and weeks and i seen people catching trout and we get right up to them and throw anchor and then catch gafftops while they catch trout.

My cousins are coming down next week and I want to put them on some trout. I like that you catch them on every cast at Caldwell Reef so we gonna go and give them a try. My boat aint real big but I told my neighbor and he said he and his 10 friends that work offshore and are off this week want to go and they got big boats in case I run outta gas. I googled Caldwell Reef and see that it is pretty big. I am not asking for specific spots, but if you can point out on a map where you been catching I would be real happy. I want to show my cousins a good time and catch trout. I can not figure how to double rig on these corks that I use though. I have the 4" corks with a weight on the bottom and 2 feet of wire on them. Do I just tie another wire leader onto it or what? Are they biting on the big or small dead shrimp? thanks in advance
Just nose hook swimming mullets on every barb of a treble hook. 8' under a cork with a 3 oz weight above the hook so it gets down.
If you not slap fulla braid you ain't catching squat
Old 10-11-2014, 05:49 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,216

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clampy View Post
Just nose hook swimming mullets on every barb of a treble hook. 8' under a cork with a 3 oz weight above the hook so it gets down.
If you not slap fulla braid you ain't catching squat
that hand at the boat ramp told me that ladyfish was good for big trout? But I ain't putting them good eating ladyfish on a hook lol!

Got me some spiderwire last night at Academy. Had it on clearance rack and its 100 lb test and put 125 yards on my surf rod in case a big drum gets it. They had some wire leader material but they wanted like $25 for that stuff. My buddy is a MIG welder so we got some of his flux core wire to tie on so them oysters don't cut our lines.

Looking forward to tomorrow, got the shrimp thawing out. At least if we don't catch any trout, gonna have some shrim to fry up
Old 10-11-2014, 05:50 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPointIsDaBomb View Post
that hand at the boat ramp told me that ladyfish was good for big trout? But I ain't putting them good eating ladyfish on a hook lol!

Got me some spiderwire last night at Academy. Had it on clearance rack and its 100 lb test and put 125 yards on my surf rod in case a big drum gets it. They had some wire leader material but they wanted like $25 for that stuff. My buddy is a MIG welder so we got some of his flux core wire to tie on so them oysters don't cut our lines.

Looking forward to tomorrow, got the shrimp thawing out. At least if we don't catch any trout, gonna have some shrim to fry up
All very solid ideas.