SaltyCajun.com http://www.lyonsagency.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 09-01-2015, 02:16 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by mriguy View Post
Very well said
X2.
Old 09-01-2015, 02:24 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,043

My favorite is the "Spoiled Oilfield Wife" t-shirts, stickers, candy bars, etc.
Old 09-01-2015, 02:32 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,003

Quote:
Originally Posted by I make oil View Post
Or build those ridiculous Mustangs.��

If the oilfield is so easy come get you some. Otherwise S T F U and sit on the porch. I'm not saying anyone in this industry is better than anyone else in the world just because of what they do. However, I will say that it takes a certain kind of person to do it and to be successful at it. It's not for everyone. Those who can do it reap the rewards as well we should for supplying a valuable commodity. I will never argue with the surgeon who has the knowledge and skill to save a love ones life over what they should or shouldn't charge for thier service. I certainly can't do what they can and I respect the skill and training their job requires. Along with that comes the salary that is commensurate with the work. Why should one be different from the other?

There is a price point in the market where the oil industry and support services can be compensated for their work and the consumer can enjoy savings/reasonably priced gasoline at the pump.

It's very volatile industry and the market dictates what that price is. Should a barrel of oil be $90+....probably not, consequently it also shouldn't be $30 a barrel. Companies position themselves to survive in all scenarios. Employees should do the same.
Old 09-01-2015, 03:12 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,763

What exactly is it you do Mr. Seachaser250?
Old 09-01-2015, 03:14 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by seachaser250 View Post
There is a price point in the market where the oil industry and support services can be compensated for their work and the consumer can enjoy savings/reasonably priced gasoline at the pump.

It's very volatile industry and the market dictates what that price is. Should a barrel of oil be $90+....probably not, consequently it also shouldn't be $30 a barrel. Companies position themselves to survive in all scenarios. Employees should do the same.
The individual employee has nothing to do with the price of oil or what we pay at the pump. I don't blame the employee for making every dollar they can while they can.
Old 09-01-2015, 03:17 PM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
The individual employee has nothing to do with the price of oil or what we pay at the pump. I don't blame the employee for making every dollar they can while they can.
I agree. I never blamed or said employees have anything to do with the price of oil.

simply saying if you work in the oil industry you should be aware of changes in the market and how that can effect you.
Old 09-01-2015, 03:20 PM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by I make oil View Post
What exactly is it you do Mr. Seachaser250?
I don't see how that's relevant but I sell propane and propane accessories.
Old 09-01-2015, 03:26 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Lmao. Solid gold right there.
Old 09-01-2015, 03:27 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:

Is your name Hank by any chance?
Old 09-01-2015, 03:32 PM
Trophy Trout

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
Is your name Hank by any chance?
That's a really good guess. Unfortunately, my name is not Hank but I do have a dog named ladybird.
Old 09-01-2015, 03:36 PM
Sailfish

I'm sorry I started this rant. It wasn't to pit anyone against each other I assure. The liberal whacko that brought out the rant got to me a personal level. My best friend has always been oilfield. We have been friends since we were kids. He has missed so much of his family life just to make sure they had more than they needed. I've mowed his grass several times because it needed to be done and he was working. I damn sure wasn't going to let his wife do it. We love his family as our own and I took what was said very personally. I have watched his kids grow up as much or more than he is. I was just pissed that someone was trying to belittle the work he does. I couldn't do it and wouldn't. Not even for the bank roll he makes. It's not for me but someone has to do it.
Old 09-01-2015, 03:37 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 5,633
Default hahaha

Quote:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 111111.jpg (81.5 KB, 259 views)
Old 09-01-2015, 03:47 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,813

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassYakR View Post
I get annoyed when i see Oilfield lyfe stickers also.... bc i know they have 2 weeks at a time to spend all that DAMN MONEY THEY MAKE. While i pinch pennies on my 2 days a week that i have off.
Why does that annoy you? And just so you know, not every person that works in the oil field works a schedule. Some people work 24 hour call and never have a set day off unless they use vacation time. It's not the people who work in the oil fileds fault that you have to pinch pennies, it's your fault.
Old 09-01-2015, 03:49 PM
Ling

Cash: 505

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjhooper82 View Post
Why does that annoy you? And just so you know, not every person that works in the oil field works a schedule. Some people work 24 hour call and never have a set day off unless they use vacation time. It's not the people who work in the oil fileds fault that you have to pinch pennies, it's your fault.
Guess you couldnt pick up on my total sarcasm.....

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2015, 03:52 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjhooper82 View Post
That's how my buddy is now. He was a directional driller and would be gone for a month or two sometimes. Home for a day or two then gone again. He has moved up and isn't gone quite as much but when he's home he is always on the phone with work. I don't think he has hunted more than 10/12 days in the past 3 years.
Old 09-01-2015, 03:57 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by BassYakR View Post
Guess you couldnt pick up on my total sarcasm.....

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk
How am I supposed to pick up on sarcasm on the Internet?
Old 09-01-2015, 04:02 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
That's how my buddy is now. He was a directional driller and would be gone for a month or two sometimes. Home for a day or two then gone again. He has moved up and isn't gone quite as much but when he's home he is always on the phone with work. I don't think he has hunted more than 10/12 days in the past 3 years.
I did 24 hour call for about 8 years running casing. The money was great and I didn't mind being gone that much because I was single with no kids. I now do 14&14 for the same company and still make very good money but I am home 6 months out of the year with my wife and two girls. I still miss a lot of home life with my family but it's a sacrifice I make to provide my children with everything they need, not everything they want, need.
Old 09-01-2015, 06:00 PM
Flounder

Cash: 496

Quote:
Spent time debating a liberal (once fb) friend day. Constant whining about how much people make. I eventually got really angry. I like the money I make because it alows me to sleep with my wife every night. I could make more if I wanted to change that. I don't. I love my life. I got pissed when said person started to tell me oilfield workers are making money to destroy the environment. I got mad. Without destroying something I didn't want to destroy I just walked away. Although said person will never read this here we go.
MFr I have friends that live half their life on a metal island in the gulf away from their family so you can put gas in your car.
I have friends that work on turbines away from their family so you get you electricity.
I have friends that work away from their family welding on pipelines so you can turn your stove on.
Leave my F'Ing friends alone or learn to drill for oil yourself.
I couldn't say it better.
And I am a Latino that LOVES the South!!!.
Old 09-01-2015, 07:24 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 7,965

SeaChaser 250..... do you sell round bottom black iron pots and Hebert's cajun stoves by chance?
Old 09-01-2015, 11:27 PM
Redfish

Cash: 669

Quote:
I don't understand why any of these jobs should be praised or thought of more than others??? So what if they live half their life on a metal island...they chose that. They aren't doing anything courageous like serving our country in the armed forces, which is also a personal choice but obviously different than beating ur chest that you work in the oilfield.

Now, this comment frustrates me. I do agree that the bragging and what not is silly, but don't go around talking about how it's not courageous. Many men have died trying to shut in and kill wells. Most people don't look at it that way, but I can appreciate that the gulf is not an oil slick. Lots of things have to go right so you can fill your boat on Saturday. Frankly I am proud that the petroleum industry has people that carry pride and turn boys into men. A man with little to no education can provide a good life for his family, but with the sacrifice of being away from home with danger at his back. I would say that's pretty courageous. So, if you have not done it yourself...shut your hole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk