SaltyCajun.com lake area banner

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-09-2018, 03:27 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 6,228
Default 5-9-18 slower bite but still caught trout

Got to the point right at 6. I wanted to head straight for the northeast corner again but was worried wind would pick up and just to rough in small boat. Fished biglake for years out of a flat bottom but it just not as much fun when it's rough as I get older. Buddy was launching right next to me and told him about it and was heading there but haven't heard back how they did yet. I stayed around the launch today. Caught lots specks. Idk how many but as many as yesterday or more just had a lot of dinks! This time the nice ones were mixed in with the dinks instead of a few dinks mixed in with nice ones. I almost called it at 10am and only boxed one trout. But I didn't start catching here yesterday til tide started coming in and was trying to wait for it to come in. Was goin out early and really low again. But around 1030 action started picking up. Caught a dozen or so trout by then but all were small. May have had a few 12" but most were not even worth measuring so didn't worry about it. Then from 11-12 almost like yesterday the bigger fish started showing up. I pretty much fished the same 200 yards of water all morning. Bite was much slower and the trout were no where close to as aggressive but I did manage a couple even bigger fish than yesterday. Today if they didn't pull some drag it didn't make the box. Live shrimp again as I tried pogies first but they were too small and either the trout didnt want or just not there yet. Most of the early morning I fished closer to the bank thinking they would be up feeding but just wasn't the case today. Yesterday caught em in 4-8 feet of water and today was out more in 10-12 feet of water. Had another good trip and I really think the bite was just getting good when I left. Have to look when I clean later but think I have 11 trout and 1 18" red . Several 20" trout! May try a late afternoon early evening trip next cause it seems like bite is better late. Idk. It probably just depends where u fish cause I did catch early yesterday but that was in lake. My buddy just text me back and they only caught one keeper trout. There was a another guy putting boat on trailer to leave when I was and he only had one 19" trout today too. Water clarity was not as good as yesterday and tugs and barges moving around more. When I was leaving the lady working today told me that she thought a couple guides were having a slow morning cause they usually only use plastic and they came in and got some live shrimp late mornin. Just guessing though their sports may have just requested it idk. Caught another 10 -12 rat reds measuring 14"-15" just like yesterday and probably could of had a limit of black drum in the 16"-18" range but I never keep em. Another fun trip. Just had to grind it out more
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1674.jpg (49.0 KB, 359 views)