SaltyCajun.com http://cajunrodandreelrepair.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 05-24-2018, 06:48 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 6,228
Default Nice solid trout 5-24-18

Launched at Heberts this am right before daybreak and was on first reef just at daylight. First trout of the morning was 23"ER and backed that up with one just over 20". Put a keeper red in box and then bite just quit. It does that here but usually not until 830 or so and it's not quite 730. Made a move to see if they were hanging around just off the reef which they do a lot there but only found pickles. 9am made a move to cut I like to fish and first two trout there were 16" and 18" but then the pickles took over again. Weird cause I don't usually see small trout in there. Made another move for another reef to the south and had to drift a little ways before hooking up but picked up several more solid specks ranging from 16"-19". Bite was slow and fish seemed scattered but when they hit they must of been on move cause they like to take rod out of ur hands. Had to leave fish biting cause needed to be off water by 10 and it's already 1030 but I will likely start my trip there if able to get back out this weekend. Hard to fish any of these reefs on weekends with all the boat traffic though. Wish everyone knew where these reefs are and ones that do would go around them when bouncing from spot to spot but that's why I like fishing week days. I like to fish salt and freshwater, especially white perch, but when u can catch solid yellow mouths like this It just doesn't get much better. Wind bounced around from north northeast east but never got over 5 mph and thunderstorms stayed away. I didn't go turners but could of ran that flat bottom anywhere I wanted this morning with lake at a light chop. Again fish are on the reefs so try not to run over em when u don't have to. These were some solid fish and will spook a lot easier than the little school trout. May check out evening bite tomorrow or maybe Sunday morning if light winds stay. Good luck and tight lines everyone. Fun easy and cool over cast morning. Barely broke a sweat. Dad is suppose to send me pics before cleaning and I'll add when he does. O I didn't keep a limit this time but have 10 or 11 that will easily have more meat than the usual one man limit.
Old 05-24-2018, 08:14 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 947

Great report as always ! Stay safe out there !
Old 05-24-2018, 08:42 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 417

Nice report! Can't wait to get back!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk
Old 05-25-2018, 09:50 PM
Redfish

Cash: 1,039

Excellent report as usual. Itching to make a run Saturday afternoon. Will report if I do. Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk