SaltyCajun.com http://redtunashirtclub.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion > Hunting Reports

Hunting Reports Read and share your hunting reports here!

Old 12-20-2011, 10:47 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,468

Quote:
Originally Posted by iron man View Post
It has already. The area I hunted last year and this year was thick pines and briars, not really thick with deer. Stalking can turn you around where I was but the road is straight east so follow the sun or go away from it or follow the compass straight east. GPS signal couldn't breach the thick pine cover. Hit the road and walk the mile back to the truck or hitch a ride. Google earth it first and pick out the nearest trail, road, river, or well traveled something and gets its bearing.

The night we went to the LPSO training facility with the Delayed Entry squad taught us alot about nav with asmuths and directions and nearest points.

On a side note hope all goes well. Bear Grylls would be proud.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bear g.jpg (87.1 KB, 121 views)
Old 12-20-2011, 11:19 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 988

I've had all that special training and my a** still got lost deer hunting...... can happen to anyone ..... glad to hear he made it out ok.
Old 12-20-2011, 01:35 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 946

Another adventure this morning, we slept in and headed out about 9am, looked like the rain had passed through, looked at the radar and we thought it was about done. Well we didn't realize the system is moving more north north east than west to east like most frontal passages, we ventured out into the flooded timber really scouting more than hunting, water is high in the woods making it hard to wade, so mainly used boat, the whole time we saw lots of mallards and woodies, we found a nice area for this morning and we had a hour before noon, the closing time, wished we would have just come back to camper! A severe storm came up on us, freaking lighting, wind, blinding rain! Our boys are 13, 12 and 10, they are learning some valuable what not to DO experience on this trip! Ha..thank god for the generator and a warm dry 5th wheel, gonna scout some this afternoon by road then I know we will hammer them in the morning! In spite of all this going on we having fun, just hope come friday i can pull this camper out of this mud hole im in now! GooD Times!