SaltyCajun.com http://www.matrixshad.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 03-20-2012, 10:38 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 826

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feesherman View Post
At least I have a hint of a clue on what I am talking about. How about you tell us how you are going to make all those private land owners change the way they manage their habitat for ducks in those states north of us just so us poor old Louisiana boys can still have our share. I mean since you know so much!
Well since you are all about the federal regulation, the federal government can do a lot of things these days.

I didnt say I had a solution. I merely recognized the problem. But, being the internet federal manager you are, I am sure you could do something about it. You know the AHM handbook inside and out.

Take a step back for a second. All I said was harvest management needs to improve IF there are to be increasing populations of ducks and geese down here. I also said that habitat manipulation to the north IS a main cause of declining populations reaching the coast. No where did I say I was going to enforce it, or anything of that nature.

I do not feel like doing my research with numbers and graph. I don't want to make you look bad. Call me out again for making an observation and something I spent 2 semesters on and Ill gladly do so. Tawn haus bawl eyel be dere want sum com git sum.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:02 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcjaredsandwich View Post
Well since you are all about the federal regulation, the federal government can do a lot of things these days.

I didnt say I had a solution. I merely recognized the problem. But, being the internet federal manager you are, I am sure you could do something about it. You know the AHM handbook inside and out.

Take a step back for a second. All I said was harvest management needs to improve IF there are to be increasing populations of ducks and geese down here. I also said that habitat manipulation to the north IS a main cause of declining populations reaching the coast. No where did I say I was going to enforce it, or anything of that nature.

I do not feel like doing my research with numbers and graph. I don't want to make you look bad. Call me out again for making an observation and something I spent 2 semesters on and Ill gladly do so. Tawn haus bawl eyel be dere want sum com git sum.

BOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-20-2012, 11:03 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,455

I agree with McCheese. The ducks just aren't making it down here like they use to, mallards especially. These guys in OK and KS are shooting limits of greenheads ONLY, everyday. More than 2-3 mallards for me on a hunt doesn't happen very often. We used to hammer the mallards in PI 7-8 years ago. But our hunting pressure also has alot to do with it. Everyone duck hunts. There isnt a mass of water that a duck could think about going to that someone doesn't hunt down here. Nothing we can do about it. Our property owners were considering doubling the price per acre on my lease in PI cause they know people will pay it. Luckily they aren't. Some older guys I know that stay in camp next door to me paid $38,500 this past season for 500 acres. People like that are why it's so hard to find a good spot nowadays.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:06 AM
King Mackeral

Cash: 1,001

Quote:
All I said was harvest management needs to improve IF there are to be increasing populations of ducks and geese down here.

Yeeeeeeeeeahhh, so that's not what you said. But anyway, why don't you expound on the, the "Harvest management needs to improve" part. What do you even mean by that? What does that have to do with the AHM matrix?
Old 03-20-2012, 11:12 AM
Sailfish

Quote:
Harvest management needs to improve to the states north of us. I am not a duck hunter, but have learned about harvest management.

I added the IF to further my argument.

Ill get out of class at 1205 and I will consult Neo on the AHM matrix. You should have taken the blue pill.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:19 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

30 Day season will not knock the cost of blind leases down..I promise.....

you still have teal season and goose so all blinds will stay the same price....
Old 03-20-2012, 11:20 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
I will consult Neo on the AHM matrix. You should have taken the blue pill.

So you don't know what you're talking about. I thought so. You should've armed yourself with a tad of knowledge before you jumped with both feet.

P.S. I find it very difficult to try and have a grown up conversation with someone that talks like this.
Quote:
Tawn haus bawl eyel be dere want sum com git sum.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:21 AM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

Ducks killed by legal hunting is one of the LEAST concerns of future duck populations.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:22 AM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
30 Day season will not knock the cost of blind leases down..I promise.....

you still have teal season and goose so all blinds will stay the same price....
That really depends. The last time the seasons got knocked down to 30 days a lot of people gave up duck hunting all together. When the demand drops, so too will the prices. If everyone stays in the game and keeps paying, then you're right, the demand will be there and the prices won't fall. But again, that depends.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:24 AM
Sailfish

Im just in class and dont feel like opening multiple sources at once.

But I will take the time to send this.

Old 03-20-2012, 11:25 AM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by feesherman View Post
so you don't know what you're talking about. I thought so. You should've armed yourself with a tad of knowledge before you jumped with both feet.

P.s. I find it very difficult to try and have a grown up conversation with someone that talks like this.

i'm glad i'm a premium member, cause this thread is gill net bound
Old 03-20-2012, 11:27 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 866

bottom line to all yalls arguments is that there are too many variables to think yall can come up with one way to fix the problem... duck hunting is over in louisiana.. if you want to see mass numbers of birds like the old days then you need to go up north(OK,KS). everywhere you turn there is an idiot putting in another blind 100 yds across the marsh or 2 levees over in the rice field.. another reason is we are losing so much habitat on the coast to salt water, all this hybrid rice that is now being planted.. there is just too much to take into consideration to blame for the problem... but i will say that i would like to see somethin done up north to try and help reset the migration patterns as well has making new habitat down here for the birds to feed and rest...
Old 03-20-2012, 11:29 AM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

How about a 7 day duck season......NO LIMITs
Old 03-20-2012, 11:29 AM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgoods17 View Post
bottom line to all yalls arguments is that there are too many variables to think yall can come up with one way to fix the problem... Duck hunting is over in louisiana.. If you want to see mass numbers of birds like the old days then you need to go up north(ok,ks). Everywhere you turn there is an idiot putting in another blind 100 yds across the marsh or 2 levees over in the rice field.. Another reason is we are losing so much habitat on the coast to salt water, all this hybrid rice that is now being planted.. There is just too much to take into consideration to blame for the problem... But i will say that i would like to see somethin done up north to try and help reset the migration patterns as well has making new habitat down here for the birds to feed and rest...

x1000!!!!!! I agree 100%
Old 03-20-2012, 11:30 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,781

Quote:
bottom line to all yalls arguments is that there are too many variables to think yall can come up with one way to fix the problem... duck hunting is over in louisiana.. if you want to see mass numbers of birds like the old days then you need to go up north(OK,KS). everywhere you turn there is an idiot putting in another blind 100 yds across the marsh or 2 levees over in the rice field.. another reason is we are losing so much habitat on the coast to salt water, all this hybrid rice that is now being planted.. there is just too much to take into consideration to blame for the problem... but i will say that i would like to see somethin done up north to try and help reset the migration patterns as well has making new habitat down here for the birds to feed and rest...
I agree. Good post
Old 03-20-2012, 11:31 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,781

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
How about a 7 day duck season......NO LIMITs
It don't matter what we have W, people are still going to whine like little ()'s
Old 03-20-2012, 11:32 AM
Tripletail

Cash: 866

the bird numbers are high, and every year is " a record hatch".. so the birds are sustaining good numbers... there are just not good numbers making it down here!
Old 03-20-2012, 11:35 AM
Ling

Quote:
Louisiana kills mored ducks than ANY STATE, yes even Arkansas, Kansas, and Oklahoma!

We will always kill ducks, ducks such as gadwalls will always come down here no matter how much rice is planted in Missouri and Arkansas. You guys think ducks and you think MALLARDS. We still get plenty of mallards. We have the best duck hunting ANYWHERE. Where else can you go and shoot a limit of 6 ducks of 6 different species? We got it good, don't drink the koolaid about mallards. Those are the easiest ducks to kill, give me teal, gadwall, and pintails any day of the season. Wanna see mallards go to the park
Old 03-20-2012, 11:36 AM
Blue Marlin

2 or 3 years ago my buddy went to stuggart ark. On a guided hunt. When they got there almost all the fields were froze except the ones that the guide service had kept the water open, and he took video of ducks by the thousands in them and also the canals and ditches that the birds were keeping open themselves. This hybrid rice is gonna kill alot of the hunting down here if it's gonna continue to be planted.
Old 03-20-2012, 11:37 AM
Ling

Quote:
the bird numbers are high, and every year is " a record hatch".. so the birds are sustaining good numbers... there are just not good numbers making it down here!
No no no! You are thinking mallards again, the flyways are shifting right now and it has very very little to do with what is happening up north. Songbirds are even changing their migratory patterns and it has nothing to with practices up north. These are WELL documented