SaltyCajun.com http://www.gator-tail.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hobby Forums > Kayak and Canoe Forum

Kayak and Canoe Forum Discuss non-motorized watersport activities here, including kayaking, canoeing, etc.

Old 10-19-2012, 01:53 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,038

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp snorkler View Post
what do you guys think about this one?........
http://neworleans.craigslist.org/boa/3339914352.html
Native is an outstanding manufacturer, along the lines of Hobie, Wilderness Systems, Ocean Kayak, etc.

The Ultimate line has one of the most comfortable seats out there. The boats were designed with fly fisherman in mind, especially with regards to standing.
The one thing about the Ultimate kayaks, which is not necessarily bad, is that they do not have scuppers. They are more like a canoe in that any water that comes over the side will not drain out. Now, that will not really matter if you stay in protected areas, like Choupique Bayou and such, but if you plan on taking out on the lake when it is rough, I would go with something that has scuppers.
My wife likes the Ultimates because you kind of sit in them instead of on top of them, so she has some added security.

All in all though, the Ultimates are great kayaks. They have this one for $675, brand new a 12 is $999, so I think that would be a good price as long as it is in good shape.
Old 10-22-2012, 10:59 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 3,427

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmac View Post
Native is an outstanding manufacturer, along the lines of Hobie, Wilderness Systems, Ocean Kayak, etc.

The Ultimate line has one of the most comfortable seats out there. The boats were designed with fly fisherman in mind, especially with regards to standing.
The one thing about the Ultimate kayaks, which is not necessarily bad, is that they do not have scuppers. They are more like a canoe in that any water that comes over the side will not drain out. Now, that will not really matter if you stay in protected areas, like Choupique Bayou and such, but if you plan on taking out on the lake when it is rough, I would go with something that has scuppers.
My wife likes the Ultimates because you kind of sit in them instead of on top of them, so she has some added security.

All in all though, the Ultimates are great kayaks. They have this one for $675, brand new a 12 is $999, so I think that would be a good price as long as it is in good shape.

Thanks for the feed back.