SaltyCajun.com http://www.geaux-outdoors.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 07-23-2015, 07:58 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,710
Default Shooting at the grand 16 happening now!!!

Well fellas prayers are needed. Someone just shot up the grand 16 theater in lafayette inside some down outside!!!! 1 suspect was dead
Old 07-23-2015, 08:01 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,393
Headknocker

Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaman View Post
Well fellas prayers are needed. Someone just shot up the grand 16 theater in lafayette inside some down outside!!!!
Wow..... Prayers goes out to all victims and their families.....
Old 07-23-2015, 08:02 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,150

You have any details Lawrence?
Old 07-23-2015, 08:03 PM
Sailfish

They are staging now. No one going in in or out.
Old 07-23-2015, 08:10 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,150

Just hit the news
Old 07-23-2015, 08:13 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Yeah the grand doesn't allow good people to carry guns. Not a shocker. Fish in a barrel.
Old 07-23-2015, 08:47 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
Yeah the grand doesn't allow good people to carry guns. Not a shocker. Fish in a barrel.
Thus I carry anyways............

Hope all are ok
Old 07-23-2015, 08:52 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 2,557

Quote:
Do you mean that it's not a shocker to you that someone shot up a theatre on the southside of lafayette just bc they don't allow their customers to conceal carry inside? Come on man! This type of violence is unheard of in Lafayette. A Salty Ajun member's loved one or even a mber could be a victim here and you automatically make the thread about a political stance about cc?

You DO know that it's ok if you don't have an extreme point of view about EVERY SINGLE topic right? You can be normal and sympathetic and out your radical views points to the side every once in a while, especially about something so close to home.
Old 07-23-2015, 08:59 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mako19 View Post
Do you mean that it's not a shocker to you that someone shot up a theatre on the southside of lafayette just bc they don't allow their customers to conceal carry inside? Come on man! This type of violence is unheard of in Lafayette. A Salty Ajun member's loved one or even a mber could be a victim here and you automatically make the thread about a political stance about cc?

You DO know that it's ok if you don't have an extreme point of view about EVERY SINGLE topic right? You can be normal and sympathetic and out your radical views points to the side every once in a while, especially about something so close to home.
Can't carry inside bc they sell alcohol inside owner rules. From what I understand.

That's open carry. If it concealed then know one knows.
Old 07-23-2015, 09:18 PM
Sailfish

Quote:

Sorry you don't like it. Yeah it sucks but the grands firearm policy is part of the issue. It makes it easy for whackos. Whackos don't go to gun ranges to commit murder they go to gun free zones.
You are correct that I am not a very sympathetic person Mako. I pretty much only care about 3 people on this earth. My wife and our two children.
What happened sucks but they should have protected themselves. Like marty said. I always have my gun.
Old 07-23-2015, 09:23 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

Quote:
Sorry you don't like it. Yeah it sucks but the grands firearm policy is part of the issue. It makes it easy for whackos. Whackos don't go to gun ranges to commit murder they go to gun free zones.
You are correct that I am not a very sympathetic person Mako. I pretty much only care about 3 people on this earth. My wife and our two children.
What happened sucks but they should have protected themselves. Like marty said. I always have my gun.
WOW , you really are a Fu**kin d ouchebag
Old 07-23-2015, 09:34 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinpox View Post
I sure hope that DuckMam wakes up tomorrow and makes a post saying that he had just had a few too many to drink tonight and that the posts he made in this thread don't really reflect how he feels. I can't imagine anyone really being that cold-hearted and self centered.
Old 07-24-2015, 12:31 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishinpox View Post
I'm still laughing at this. Next post God Bless the victims and their families. He felt so bad for those people but had to take time to point out that I'm a Fu cking douchebag before saying God Bless the victims. That is hilarious.
Old 07-23-2015, 09:44 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

it makes you a d-bag by saying they "should have protected themselves" ....almost like you are saying its the victims fault . how is that being a realist?

Last edited by jchief; 07-24-2015 at 12:17 AM. Reason: language
Old 07-23-2015, 09:27 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
You are going to feel like an *** hole when they release the identity of the victem and it is a 15 year old girl. Yea, she should have protected herself huh, Duckman?
Old 07-24-2015, 04:30 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,474

Quote:
Exactly what is it you would have done, had you been there? I'm all for CC, BUT it has it's places to impliment it's use. It's enough to have one idiot firing bullets in a dark room, can you see yourself doing the same? With dozens of kids scrambling around and jumping over seats in the dark running for their lives? C'mon! And what if the cops would come in at the exact time you are holding your gun? What do you think could happen then?
Old 07-24-2015, 05:56 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampman46 View Post
Exactly what is it you would have done, had you been there? I'm all for CC, BUT it has it's places to impliment it's use. It's enough to have one idiot firing bullets in a dark room, can you see yourself doing the same? With dozens of kids scrambling around and jumping over seats in the dark running for their lives? C'mon! And what if the cops would come in at the exact time you are holding your gun? What do you think could happen then?
There is no perfect scenario. If there were I'm sure you would choose not to be in a gunfight.
Old 07-23-2015, 09:33 PM
Swordfish

Cash: 556

Quote:

Welcome to 2015 . no it doesn't shock me any more when it happens anywhere. It is the world we live in today. Please do a little research and show me one mass shooting that has happened in a concealed or open carry place? A gun free zone is a killing field whether it be in Cali or new york or Florida or Lafayette. and yes a members family or one of yours or mine could be a victim. But my family chooses not to be.
Old 07-23-2015, 09:38 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by eman View Post
Welcome to 2015 . no it doesn't shock me any more when it happens anywhere. It is the world we live in today. Please do a little research and show me one mass shooting that has happened in a concealed or open carry place? A gun free zone is a killing field whether it be in Cali or new york or Florida or Lafayette. and yes a members family or one of yours or mine could be a victim. But my family chooses not to be.
Your family "chooses" not to be a shooting victim?!?!
I may be misunderstanding you but this is the dumbest thing I have ever read.

What kind of twilight world do you live in where you can choose whether or not we are a victim of a shooting?!?! Do you think people who are killed in shootings choose to be a victim?!?
Old 07-23-2015, 09:50 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,734

Quote:
Your family "chooses" not to be a shooting victim?!?!
I may be misunderstanding you but this is the dumbest thing I have ever read.

What kind of twilight world do you live in where you can choose whether or not we are a victim of a shooting?!?! Do you think people who are killed in shootings choose to be a victim?!?
I refuse to be a victim! I am always aware of my surroundings and trust no one when not around friends. I am consistantly watching what people do. Guess being confronted with automatic weapons at one point in my life will do that to one.

Again,I am one that refuses to be a victom and will do everything in my power not to be.

Indeed this is todays enviroment, adapt or parish