SaltyCajun.com http://www.acadianamarina.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-14-2013, 10:02 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 8,726
Default Short Trip

Had Jake and 3 of his group going inshore so they could be back in time to watch the Alabama vs. Texas A&M game. The trout are in transition and I figured with the winds out of the East all week I may be able to find some on the west side. Yesterday I went to the west to scout. The water was dirty and all I could find was Bull reds along the beach. I even tried the sandy point rigs. With the trout in transition the key is finding clean moving water. I ran across one of the guys that made it to the Island and whacked the trout. The Island has been on and off and at times not worth going out of your way to make the long run to find a skunk. I wanted to see for myself so I made a shot over there and found some small ones on an almost slack tide. Guess I'll tough it out tomorrow. On the way back I hit one of my honey holes for some redfish. I made 8 casts and hooked up each time. 1 broke the line. Chaffing from so many fish teeth. My fault. 1 straightened the hook and 1 twisted and opened a snap swivel on a rig I found and was using. The other 5 were almost cookie cutter cousins. 24 1/2 to 25 1/2 and 1 at 27 inches. 20 minutes and I was done.

We set out before sunrise and as dawn was breaking the lightning from a storm in front of us was interesting to say the least. Once at our destination the bite was slow and the water was not moving. We did find something to bend the rod.

This 28 pounder went back but the guy was ready for a well deserved rest after it was caught.

This was a good trip with a group of fun loving guys. The stone breaking and jaw jacking was all morning long which made for a lot of fun. When this one got hooked up he said he wanted a fight and was enjoying the fight.

As the fight continued the story changed as his fore arm and wrist were feeling the burn. A lot of the fun got drained.

That's what it's all about. Sad thing is this fish was only 25 pounds. Jake was only catching trash but made sure his lady fish got into the shot. PHOTO BOMB on the water.

Catch of the day was an high flying cast that caught a high flying wing. I almost got the hook out but he broke the line during the attempt and took the hook with him. I only hope the hook does not get infected and he dies. Chances are not in his favor though.

Jake caught a lot of fish and I am glad he came along. The ball busting was almost non stop and we needed somebody to take care of the trash. He did that with his mouth as well as with the rod.

By the end of the morning I hooked a nice redfish and told him to hold my fishing pole. Somebody at least felt sorry for him. He actually did finally hook and land a nice redfish all by himself near the end. With no wind, no water moving, a lot of horse flies, and a lot of sun, they were ready to head in well before noon. No big limits but a great few hours on the water and some fish for the table. Trout, Reds, Flounder, Channel Mullet, and a Black Drum. A good trip with a great bunch of fun guys.

Life is Good!
Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM