SaltyCajun.com http://www.lakecharlesurgentcare.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 09-16-2013, 01:30 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by "W" View Post
^^ LMAO @ this guy

Do you know the adv depth of our marshes??
Dude ain't hunted since 1998.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:31 PM
Great White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickt87 View Post
It happens so rarely that one would have to take a picture to show others for amazement!

Everyone clap for the guy that recollects one freeze in the last 15 years! Winter of 2011....was probaly January of 2012.

And if the pond only holds 3 inches of water it might as well be a field.
But "it just doesn't happen in a marsh"

That marsh is a little deeper than 3 inches of water. Save the grass bro. Save the grass
Old 09-16-2013, 01:35 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: -747,400

It's a Weir and Duck hunting thread merged together as one. This could be Biblical!!!

Last edited by Spunt Drag; 09-16-2013 at 01:49 PM.
Old 09-16-2013, 01:41 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Cash: 7,829

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
Dude ain't hunted since 1998.
He thinks the marsh is main canal going through weir
Old 09-16-2013, 01:59 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,167

No one is saying it doesn't freeze, the whole point is that this is SEPTEMBER and W is talking about shrimp dying behind the wiers because of a freeze, he can't find any other stance for his agenda so he tries scare tactics Oh no all the shrimp are going to die if the wiers aren't open, they will all freeze - again its September aint happening this month, or next month, or if its anything like the last 10, 15, or however many years, it ain't gonna happen in November either. One little 32 degree night aint gonna do it either. Gonna take quite a few well below 32 for a die off
Old 09-16-2013, 02:00 PM
Ling

Quote:
Lmao

No need to complain we load the boat
musta been 6 really big trout to load the boat eh?

better start unloading that freezer and giving some frozen fish for the customers
Old 09-16-2013, 02:03 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,070

Quote:
^^ LMAO @ this guy

Do you know the adv depth of our marshes??
I will use context clues to assume adv is your abbreviation for Average, which has no "d" in it.

With that being said...

By "our" marshes do you mean the mass of area between Creole and Sabine Lake(1/10th of La's coastal marsh)?
Matter of fact W, I don't! I was born and raised hunting and fishing from the Biloxi Marsh to Southwest Pass, only been hunting out here for the last 8 years.

Enlighten us with the abundance of Big Lake coastal/wetlands knowledge that us poor lay men aren't worthy of.You are the almighty of all wetland ecology! Say the words and we shall all be healed of our ignorance!
Old 09-16-2013, 02:04 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 1,070

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duck Butter View Post
No one is saying it doesn't freeze, the whole point is that this is SEPTEMBER and W is talking about shrimp dying behind the wiers because of a freeze, he can't find any other stance for his agenda so he tries scare tactics Oh no all the shrimp are going to die if the wiers aren't open, they will all freeze - again its September aint happening this month, or next month, or if its anything like the last 10, 15, or however many years, it ain't gonna happen in November either. One little 32 degree night aint gonna do it either. Gonna take quite a few well below 32 for a die off

THIS^^^^^^^^^^^^
Old 09-16-2013, 02:11 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:

So now your a weather expert on top of grass expert

Amazing your logic

How about you bring your azz down to every guide service, crabber and shrimper and tell them that its not a big deal to choke off east side of estuary

Mr duck grass expert

I will introduce you to everyone today, what time do you want to meet here and I will have every crabber, fisherman and shrimper i can round up by then so you can explain how weather is not a factor to save the grass
Old 09-16-2013, 02:17 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Duck butter you talk a big game on the web but you know how many guides are having to turn people away because the fishing is horrible??

Are that 7days after weirs were closed crabbers catch dropped 80% and that shrimping has fell off by 50%

And from an Biologists who does listen to the ones who make a living off the lake ; said that west side marshes do not support the lake it self..
Old 09-16-2013, 02:29 PM
Redfish

Cash: -239

Quote:
Duck butter you talk a big game on the web but you know how many guides are having to turn people away because the fishing is horrible??

Are that 7days after weirs were closed crabbers catch dropped 80% and that shrimping has fell off by 50%

And from an Biologists who does listen to the ones who make a living off the lake ; said that west side marshes do not support the lake it self..
Do you have any scientific data to support your statement? W have you at least graduated to finger paints?
Old 09-16-2013, 02:38 PM
Ling

Quote:
So now your a weather expert on top of grass expert

Amazing your logic

How about you bring your azz down to every guide service, crabber and shrimper and tell them that its not a big deal to choke off east side of estuary

Mr duck grass expert

I will introduce you to everyone today, what time do you want to meet here and I will have every crabber, fisherman and shrimper i can round up by then so you can explain how weather is not a factor to save the grass
wigeongrass is NOT a grass first off I thought we have established that, and I am very confident in my abilities to identify most plants and animals (even 'duck grasses') in Louisiana, and I am far from a weather expert but I do possess something called common sense and I can deductively reason that from looking at the last 20 years of weather patterns that there is a very very good chance that we are not going to be busting ice to go duck hunting in November. I feel pretty confident about that

I am just playing your game like you do to everyone on here and it appears you are mad bro and you can't take what you dish out
Old 09-16-2013, 02:41 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickfish View Post
Do you have any scientific data to support your statement? W have you at least graduated to finger paints?
Attached Images
File Type: png facebook-20130912-110238.png (211.8 KB, 185 views)
Old 09-16-2013, 02:43 PM
Flounder

Cash: 697
Angry

Quote:

Friend went with the famous guide service on the WEST side. They scratched the previous 2 days to his arrival and caught 14 dinks the day he went.........I would say it is horrible.
Old 09-16-2013, 02:50 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Old 09-16-2013, 02:51 PM
Catch fish in DA face!!

Im sure you missed this in duck grass school but I bet you can understand what happens when you alter the echo system by killing off millions on millions of shrimp
Attached Files
File Type: pdf lifecycle_shrimp.pdf (1.07 MB, 65 views)
Old 09-16-2013, 02:58 PM
Ling

Quote:
Im sure you missed this in duck grass school but I bet you can understand what happens when you alter the echo system by killing off millions on millions of shrimp
Do you have a link or a photo or any press release of 'millions on millions of shrimp' being killed off? Would really like to see that

I bet there are millions and millions of healthy shrimp NOT dying and bet they will not be dying in the next 3 months due to a freeze either

echo system
Old 09-16-2013, 03:04 PM
Redfish

Cash: -239

Quote:
Guess that your educated answer is no. Please tell me you were the only child.
Old 09-16-2013, 03:28 PM
Great White

Quote:
Nick was saying the marsh doesn't freeze. I just simply wanted to prove him wrong. Why would he get involved in a thread on our (those who do fish Calcasieu lake) weirs when he is completely wrong on the marsh "freezing". He ( Nick ) didn't point out like others the September issue. He stated as a whole the marsh won't freeze.

Carry on Butter
Old 09-16-2013, 03:35 PM
Ling

Quote:
Originally Posted by huntin fool View Post
Nick was saying the marsh doesn't freeze. I just simply wanted to prove him wrong. Why would he get involved in a thread on our (those who do fish Calcasieu lake) weirs when he is completely wrong on the marsh "freezing". He ( Nick ) didn't point out like others the September issue. He stated as a whole the marsh won't freeze.

Carry on Butter
10-4, gotcha

I am spent for the day, see y'all later