SaltyCajun.com http://www.lmcboats.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-24-2015, 12:33 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 1,734

Quote:
Originally Posted by fonikoddity View Post
I think it's possible to agree with both sides of the issue. Everything is not always so cut and dry.

I'll play devil's advocate for a moment. It's true, disallowing guns keeps them out of the hands of good people. Problem is, even good people have bad days. Any single life taken, whether the gun was legal or not, is a tragedy.

Please don't blast me, as I know the statistics of gun violence point mostly toward the use of illegally acquired weapons. Also, I agree that everyone should be allowed to protect themselves and their loved ones, provided they aren't a complete nut job.

I think the real issue is gun control meets mental illness. It's a complicated issue to figure out how to keep guns out of the hands of these folks. They seem to get them anyway, so after they shoot a bunch of people, we shoot them. This is not a very good system. Even if they only kill one person, that's 2 people dead because of mental illness, or a crazy person, or evil, or the devil, or whatever else you'd like to call it.

My condolences to the victims and their family and friends.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed it is a nasty cycle, but unfortunately good law abiding citizens are left with few options to feel safe in their own community, so you do what you can to ensure you will see your children tomorrow.

I wonder how many people that have a CCP where at that theater and DID NOT bring their weapon?