SaltyCajun.com https://www.facebook.com/CajunTackle

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 02-12-2011, 09:01 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890
Default Just had to share this. Long post

This week has been real tough at work we have planes trying to leave left and right. When this happens theres alot of running around trying to get things done with paperwork for me being the biggest head ache. Well yesterday was a horrible day trying to get the planes leaving done and getting ready for the new ones coming in. I've put in alot of hours in the last couple of weeks with yesterday working fom 5 til after 7. Then on top of that my wife calls as i'm pullng out to please stop by the store and pick up milk. I manage to finally make it home, eat supper and take a shower. Well last night around 9:30 it's time to put our little girl who will be 2 in august to bed. Well we all go to put her to bed and say our prayers like we always do as a family. My wife and little boy leave them room and i read her a story like i do every night. I give her a kiss and go to leave the room, and i hear i love you da da. I turn to see her smiling at me like she knew that is what i needed. It's funny that such a little thing like that can make eveything that's gone on during the week or day dissapear. You know it's true that it's not the breathes you take, but the moments that take your breathe away.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:35 AM
The Camp Cook....

Cash: 13,826

I agree. My kids are in college but I have a 2 year old grand daughter that lives with us. And when she hugs me and says nite nite paw paw, I just melt.
Old 02-12-2011, 09:42 AM
Calcasieu Extreme Rods

Cash: 13,316

Tim McGraw and George Strait references. Like it.

Know exactly what you mean. Like Bluechip, both of mine are grown, but still remeber those days and words
Old 02-12-2011, 09:44 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 809

Cool story. Makes you remember what is most imporant in life.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:03 AM
Ling

Cash: 1,584

The "little" things are all those little aggravating things at work.......
The real deal is them babies and that bride of yours ...........but something tells me you have that figured out!!!

Great post and thanks for keeping the main thing the main thing
Old 02-12-2011, 10:20 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

Thanks for all the comments. I've done alot and accomplished alot in my life, but my greatest one is my life right now with my wonder family and freinds.
Old 02-12-2011, 10:20 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

My career choice, like yours, has required extensive amounts of time away from home. It piles up on you sometimes. Sometimes, it's hard not to take that home with you. Sometimes, my kids get the short end of things with my attitude and exhaustion. I'm still in that learning phase, I guess and am getting better about leaving that crap from work on the front porch.

You are ABSOLUTELY right though! Those little suckers will do something sometimes that make you realize that you really were in a bad mood prior to whatever they did. Those moments when you don't know if you should fall over laughing due to the hilarity of their actions or cry because you realize that they are growing up so fast and you've missed a bunch of it.

My kids, even when I complain about some of their quirks, have been my saving grace in life! I don't know where I would be had I not had them.
Old 02-12-2011, 01:16 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 708

Great Post!! Thanks for sharing. I have a 16yo and about to become a new dad cuz my girlfriend has a 2yo so I will be basically starting over.

Gods little reminders are the most important ones we have.