SaltyCajun.com http://www.braggingbadges.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion Discuss inshore fishing, tackle, and tactics here!

LMC Marine

Old 09-28-2012, 09:19 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 8,726
Default Great day in Venice

Got a call yesterday for an inshore charter. I told him I was already on a boat but could do it today. He said he would think about it but called me back later and it was a go.

I met Danny and Jeanie Edwards from the Auston Tx. area about 7:00 and we headed out for our fishing adventure. Upon arriving at my targeted spot another charter captain is just getting ready to leave. He had already spent about a half hour with 3 people fishing and only had 1 redfish to show for his efforts. We talked about another area further up river that has been holding some good fish. He said that was where he was headed before we stopped to talk. He shot across the water and was soon out of sight. I started heading up river but knowing the area was loaded with good fish 2 days ago I made the decision to look around for some signs of fish. Found a point of rocks that abutts a shallow area and has a steady amount of current. Looked good so I set up camp there. It only took me about 2 minutes of looking around when I see tails and fins cruising the rocks about 75 to 100 yards from me. I had to drop anchor because the water was 30 feet deep.

This was the first to come aboard. From here on in it was game on.

The action was furious with nothing but quality redfish. Towards the end we started getting into puppy drum in the 14 - 16 inch range.

This was the smallest we caught. It had 7 spots. It was also our second fish of the day. With our limit in the box we did a little C&R. Our # 18 and 19 redfish came in as a double header. It was only 9:00 so I suggested we go to another area and look for flounder or trout or something else. Headed to another place about 25 minutes away. I start scouting down a dead end canal that has some good ponds off it on both sides. We found this 11 pound beauty but it was just a photo opp and back to make another fisherman happy some day.

The hardhead catfish were thick but in between we played with rat reds, some speckled trout and more redfish that everybody hates to put back.

The total redfish was 27 for the day. Another released fish.

Around noon Danny and Jeanie throw in the towel. They had no idea what to expect when they booked. I told them I would take them catching and the trip turned out to be a trip of a life time for them. The fish Gods were good to them on thier 20th wedding anniversary.

If I could produce like this every day They would be lined up at the dock every morning.

Life is Good!

Fishing is not a matter of life or death. It's more important than that.

CAPT HOOP -- OUR FREEDOM
Old 09-28-2012, 09:26 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 3,546

Great report as always! Glad you did alright with the storm too!
Old 09-29-2012, 04:58 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 3,813

Nice report capt!!
Old 09-29-2012, 07:38 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 9,890

Great job capt!!!!
Old 09-29-2012, 08:37 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 2,040

Nice report and pics Capt.