SaltyCajun.com http://www.acadianamarina.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > General Discussion Forums > General Discussion (Everything Else)

General Discussion (Everything Else) Discuss anything that doesn't belong in any other forums here.

Old 07-24-2015, 05:56 PM
Sailfish

Cash: 5,193

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampman46 View Post
Exactly what is it you would have done, had you been there? I'm all for CC, BUT it has it's places to impliment it's use. It's enough to have one idiot firing bullets in a dark room, can you see yourself doing the same? With dozens of kids scrambling around and jumping over seats in the dark running for their lives? C'mon! And what if the cops would come in at the exact time you are holding your gun? What do you think could happen then?
There is no perfect scenario. If there were I'm sure you would choose not to be in a gunfight.
Old 07-24-2015, 05:56 PM
King Mackeral

Cash: 7,965

Quote:
Originally Posted by duckman1911 View Post
Good point crabs but here is the flip side. I don't know these two women. I think it's horrible that they lost their life. Gun free zones = easy chances for bad people to do harm.
Thanks for understanding
Old 07-24-2015, 06:05 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr crab View Post
Thanks for understanding
Understanding? Damn I've been getting hammered for calling it like it is. Going to Andy's for the tourney. That dude and his peeps are the best bro. Champ can cook some good stuff. Tempted to dive down an hava a drink with yall. Wife says no
Old 07-24-2015, 06:10 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,926

Quote:
I understand that there may not have been a ccw holder in there and even if he/she had their weapon it may not have helped. Was simply pointing out the relation of gun free zones and mass shootings. Hell even at military places. But regognizing a pattern and pointing it out makes me a heartless person.
Law abiding people don't do things like this, and the thuggs or mental people don't watch or abide by them either !! either!!!!!! They carry when and where they want!!scary world we in!! Been to close to home with the last 2-3 I thank God he walked back in an killed himself and didn't cost us a ton on death row.!!!!!

I will not reply to this again!! Feel free to pm me if you have any problems with my thoughts
Old 07-24-2015, 06:11 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Understanding? Damn I've been getting hammered for calling it like it is. Going to Andy's for the tourney. That dude and his peeps are the best bro. Champ can cook some good stuff. Tempted to dive down an hava a drink with yall. Wife says no
I was being sarcastic. You missed the point. Just give it a while before these womens lives are reduced to an argument about the legalities on toting a pistol around. Empathy......The ability to put yourself in the shoes of the victims families and friends. These women were our neighbors. JUst get off the gas pedal a little.
Old 07-24-2015, 06:18 PM
King Mackeral

This is what people are saying about Mrs. Johnson.

To understand Jillian Johnson’s mark on Lafayette, La., just look around, her friends say. They guess that just about everyone in town has a T-shirt featuring one of her designs, sold from the popular gift shops she had a hand in operating.

Johnson designed the logos for a generation of businesses, progressive organizations, and performers in the Louisiana city, which is reeling from the 33-year-old’s death after a lone gunman opened fire in a movie theater Thursday night, killing two and wounding nine others before turning his gun on himself.

[‘This is going to affect the community for a long time': Town mourns shooting victim Mayci Breaux]

“Jillian was a force, you know? She did things she wanted to do,” her friend Lucius Fontenot told The Washington Post on Friday.

Fontenot and Johnson met in the art department at the University of Louisiana at Lafayette, from which Johnson graduated in 2004. Then, as she did in the years after, Johnson always had her hand in something imaginative, Fontenot said.

“She had all this energy,” he recalled. “She was just always creative.”

Fontenot added: “She was friendly, smiling, and fought for what she believed in. She made the community better.”

Said Whitney Broussard, another friend: “This is a small town. Thinking about the number people involved — there’s a lot of folks in this community who are going to be connected. Everybody is just shocked and sad.”

Johnson’s work — from the businesses she owned to the regional bluegrass band she helped start — were often projects she took on with those she loved most.

“She was the love of my life and I will miss her always,” read a Facebook post from Red Arrow Workshop, the gift store Johnson ran with her husband, Jason Brown. “This was a senseless act and, as is the case with all such acts, there is no playbook, no rules on how to cope. We’re trying our best to pull ourselves together. We’re putting one foot in front of the other. Thank you all.”

Johnson, the statement said, was attending the Thursday night screening of “Trainwreck” with her best friend, who was not identified.
Old 07-24-2015, 06:20 PM
King Mackeral

I know for a fact a few S.C. members that knew Jillian personally are mourning right now.
Old 07-24-2015, 06:53 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
I was being sarcastic. You missed the point. Just give it a while before these womens lives are reduced to an argument about the legalities on toting a pistol around. Empathy......The ability to put yourself in the shoes of the victims families and friends. These women were our neighbors. JUst get off the gas pedal a little.
I'm sorry I missed you're point man. I have all or none. Just who I am. It upsets some people I understand but I will always be honest. Like it or not I won't lie about how I feel. I know I'm not everyone but I like it straight. Fishin Pox doesn't like me but I like that about him. He has balls enough to let it be known he doesn't like me. He stands where he stands and I respect that. We almost always disagree but I reapect it.
Old 07-24-2015, 07:07 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
I'm sorry I missed you're point man. I have all or none. Just who I am. It upsets some people I understand but I will always be honest. Like it or not I won't lie about how I feel. I know I'm not everyone but I like it straight. Fishin Pox doesn't like me but I like that about him. He has balls enough to let it be known he doesn't like me. He stands where he stands and I respect that. We almost always disagree but I reapect it.
15 uses of the words "i, I'm, & me" (i counted) in that post. It's not about YOU.
Old 07-24-2015, 07:11 PM
King Mackeral

Again... 2 women were brutally murdered at a movie theatre last night for no reason at all. Let that sink in.
Old 07-24-2015, 07:25 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
15 uses of the words "i, I'm, & me" (i counted) in that post. It's not about YOU.
I said I like a guy that hates me because he is at least honest about it and you counted how many times I said I? 4. Don't worry with the math I did it for you. oh we're to 5 now.
Old 07-24-2015, 07:30 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
Did you feel I was being arrogant? How else was I/we/us/everyone supposed to explain it? Let me know please.
Old 07-24-2015, 07:37 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
I know for a fact a few S.C. members that knew Jillian personally are mourning right now.
This tragedy is not about duckman's pistol that he carries around, it's not about duckmans opinions on the effectiveness of gun laws, it's not about duckman's respect for pox, it's not about duckman. Just let it be not about duckman. That's all I'm saying. There are guys i know....s.c. Members that knew these women personally. Just let this tragedy sink in some. (It hasn't been 24 hours) before its about something other than the victims, and the grief that their mourners are feeling.
Old 07-24-2015, 07:49 PM
Ling

Cash: 3,542

The problem with these tragedies is its NEVER about the victims. After the lunatic's name and face is plastard all over the national news with little mention of the victims , both sides of the isle find a way to politicize it.
Old 07-24-2015, 07:52 PM
King Mackeral

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt G View Post
The problem with these tragedies is its NEVER about the victims. After the lunatic's name and face is plastard all over the national news with little mention of the victims , both sides of the isle find a way to politicize it.
I was hoping that s.c. could do better than that.
Old 07-24-2015, 07:59 PM
Sailfish

Quote:
This tragedy is not about duckman's pistol that he carries around, it's not about duckmans opinions on the effectiveness of gun laws, it's not about duckman's respect for pox, it's not about duckman. Just let it be not about duckman. That's all I'm saying. There are guys i know....s.c. Members that knew these women personally. Just let this tragedy sink in some. (It hasn't been 24 hours) before its about something other than the victims, and the grief that their mourners are feeling.
Yeah I understand what you're saying. When you're watching tv tonight are you going to be thinking about your wife and kids at home safe with you or will you be thinking about the sc post that said duckman died in a car wreck on his way home from work? Fu ck me. Do what has to be done to protect you and yours. Why is that so hhard to understand?
Old 07-24-2015, 08:02 PM
Sailfish

[QUOTE=mr crab;764967]This tragedy is not about duckman's pistol that he carries around, it's not about duckmans opinions on the effectiveness of gun laws, it's not about duckman's respect for pox, it's not about duckman. Just let it be not about duckman. That's all I'm saying. There are guys i know....s.c. Members that knew these women personally. Just let this tragedy sink in some. (It hasn't been 24 hours) before its about something other than the victims, and the grief that their mourners are feeling.[/QUOTE
Their death sucks but changes my life none. My death wouldn't change your life. It is how it is.

Last edited by duckman1911; 07-24-2015 at 08:36 PM.
Old 07-24-2015, 08:25 PM
Ling

Quote:
I was hoping that s.c. could do better than that.
I think a lot of us were. I know there is a big following on this site from folks in Acadiana. This area is an amazing place. People here are truly concerned and care for their neighbors..... Well maybe not MY neighbor, but that's a story for another day. It's horrible that this happened in our back yard and not in some town we've only seen on a map, but it happened. I wish that Louisiana can take this unimaginable situation and show the country how it should be handled. First responders and investigators have already done an amazing job, now it's time for the public to do their part. Drop the political BS and say a prayer or raise a glass for the families suffering from this.
Old 07-24-2015, 08:45 PM
Sailfish

South La is beautiful and so are the people. It will take time but it will heal.wasn't tryi
nd to be a douche. Facts suck sometimes
Old 07-24-2015, 09:22 PM
Ling

Quote:
South La is beautiful and so are the people. It will take time but it will heal.wasn't tryi
nd to be a douche. Facts suck sometimes
I get what you're saying and definitely agree with you. $h!+ happens and then you move on. I've been called an @$$hole everyday for the past 5 or 6 years for calling it like I see it. I've just learned that sometimes it doesn't hurt to show a little comapassion for others. It'll make you see there's still hope for this country.