SaltyCajun.com http://louisianaofficesystems.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Discussion > Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports

Inshore Saltwater Fishing Reports Read and share fishing reports for your favorite inshore spots here

LMC Marine

Old 11-11-2012, 05:45 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 696
Default Lake Ponchartrain

We hit the Lake this morning and were on our way to one of the reefs when we saw the birds and decided to give them a try. It was my first time working the birds and we had some issues with the high winds and out trolling motor, but we still managed to get 20 nice sized fish before heading in. The smallest fish was 13" and the largest was 20", we only saw one other boat on the water today and we decided to let him have the last set of birds we saw.
Old 11-11-2012, 05:47 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,217

Thems some nice sized ones at the bottom
Old 11-11-2012, 06:33 PM
Sand Trout

That's about the order we caught them in and I forgot to add that we were using a cork with a weighted jig head and gulp shrimp. I started out with a TKO shrimp under a cork, but my buddy was hooking up more so I switched to the 1/4oz jig head with gulp under the cork and started doing better.
Old 11-11-2012, 07:21 PM
Ling

Cash: 2,086

Good work; ain't herd many people catch fish under birds in lake p..... Under a poppin cork!!
Def a good day for y'all!!
The wind has been blowin all day; i bet is was ruff far out.
Where y'all launched and what reef ball were y'all around?
Old 11-11-2012, 07:58 PM
Sand Trout

We launched at the end of Williams blvd and started heading to the Jefferson Parrish reef, we noticed the birds just north of us about half a mile and on the west side of the causeway. Looking north along the causeway we could see 3 sets of birds going and we stayed with the closest two until the end when we started heading south again. The last set of birds were between the reef and the causeway. We're both saltwater fishing rookies and I would have never realized how much you have to work to stay with the fish if it wasn't for the birds guiding us. The other boat that was out looked like he was fishing the bottom, but it was hard to tell and we didn't get to close and didn't want to ruin it for him so we just headed home. We launched at 630 and by 900 there were 3ft seas, we got soaking wet on the ride in but it was worth it. I think more experienced anglers would have had their limits of trout today because they probably would have been better at staying with the fish, our TM(12 volt) was useless in those winds.
Old 11-11-2012, 10:52 PM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Nice!!!Thanks for the report. When I passed the lake this morning on the way to the game there was some serious white capping going on.