SaltyCajun.com http://www.jerrys-marine.com/

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Hunting, Boating, and General Outdoor Talk > Hunting Discussion

Hunting Discussion Discuss anything related to hunting here!

Old 10-23-2015, 03:08 PM
Sand Trout

Cash: 658
Default Disappointing hunting trip

Good afternoon gang i just wanted to tell everyone to use caution when booking a hunt with any outfitter or land broaker for self guided hunts in rifle colordo. The lack of information during and after the hunt that me and my family experienced this pas week was rediculous some of the information that we were given on boundaries of hunting property along with many other things could have even got us in trouble with cdwf! I have been on many hunting trips over the years and this one was so bad that even after paying over $2000 dollars per person we left four days early empty handed and were told to have a safe 24hour drive home!! Please do your research before paying anyone because i would hate for any of my fellow sportsman to experience what me and my family went through this week. Good luck this season, be safe and may god bless!
Old 10-23-2015, 03:53 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,065

Hate to hear that. It's a shame when you get hustled by con artists that mis-represent themselves.
Old 10-23-2015, 03:55 PM
Trophy Trout

Cash: 1,003

Quote:
Originally Posted by LOSTBOY1 View Post
Good afternoon gang i just wanted to tell everyone to use caution when booking a hunt with any outfitter or land broaker for self guided hunts in rifle colordo. The lack of information during and after the hunt that me and my family experienced this pas week was rediculous some of the information that we were given on boundaries of hunting property along with many other things could have even got us in trouble with cdwf! I have been on many hunting trips over the years and this one was so bad that even after paying over $2000 dollars per person we left four days early empty handed and were told to have a safe 24hour drive home!! Please do your research before paying anyone because i would hate for any of my fellow sportsman to experience what me and my family went through this week. Good luck this season, be safe and may god bless!
Tell us the name of the outfitter!
Old 10-23-2015, 04:13 PM
Red Snapper

Cash: 3,926

It happens all over the world, sucks it happened to you and your family!!! "Real good guides/hunting places" are getting hard to come by.
Good one's are good, name this bad one.
Old 10-23-2015, 04:35 PM
Sand Trout

Colorado private ranches is the name of the outfitter
Old 10-23-2015, 04:47 PM
Tripletail

Cash: 2,043

My buddy lives in CO and said they are having a problem with this type of thing, but with trout guides.
Old 10-23-2015, 04:47 PM
Sand Trout

Just a short run down of events that took place
1.we show up to a generator ran cabin and were asked if we brought gas cans to purchase gas "wich was not told to us before hand"
2.plywoodbunks with no type of pading,pillows,or anything so went into town to purchase air matresses,pillows, towels , wash clothes.
3.had natural gas well heads with service trucks and tanker trucks running the whole property dailey and was told "dont worry the animals are used to it"
4.there was cattle on the ranch and there were ranchers doing cattle drives during hunting hours.
5.was given false boundaries and ended up on state land with atvs that could have resulted in huge fines if it wouldnt have been for some very nice local hunters, that proceed to tell us that they run into this all the time with this particular outfitter.
To top it all off when i called to tell them that theseamoung many other things were just way to much to deal with and we were leaveing they simply said "have a nice trip home"

really not a good ran operation about the inly good thing was the great views from the mountians and shareing the time with my family. It just makes me sick to feel that i chose to bring my family to this place and put them through this!!
Old 11-24-2015, 08:59 PM
Redfish

Cash: 837

Man that is terrible! Use to live in New Mexico, and deer, antelope, and elk hunted many times. I never used a guide and I would say unless you are going on a guided hunt, the best thing would be to get on some hunting forums in the state you want to go, and strike up conversations and learn the ins and outs. Order electronic maps and study all the regs. very well. Big thing is to plan your own hunt on BLM and state lands. Tons of it out west and you don't have to ask permission for squat! If any of you ever want to hunt New Mexico, I'll give you some great spots for Elk and Antelope. Thanks for sharing and warning others.