SaltyCajun.com http://www.acadianamarina.com//

Notices

Go Back   SaltyCajun.com > Fishing Talk > The Conservationist's Corner

The Conservationist's Corner For discussion of everything to do with conservation!

Old 02-25-2010, 09:41 PM
Great White

Cash: 1,902

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaAngler View Post
i think bosshog has had 2 tens

Sun of a mother's lover!!!!

He's got waltrip beat my 5 pounds...
Old 02-25-2010, 09:54 PM
Great White

Cash: 17,285

Glad things settled down. At one point, you would of thought it was a THREAD about LSU Sports with all the back and fourth NEGATIVE talk!

MAN 2 10 pounders thats BAD STUFF!!!
Old 02-25-2010, 10:03 PM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 5,316

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaAngler View Post
i think bosshog has had 2 tens

thats da ****
Old 02-26-2010, 12:03 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 343

I see where your coming from chas,

most people refuse to see it, but when you are catching record numbers, thats when you need to be the most careful.

Pride cometh before a fall,

just remember that, it applies to more than just personalities, you can apply it to this situation.

In nature, when an ecosystem is doing "its best", that means it is closest to its "tipping point" or the point where 1 thing (coldest winter in 115 years, super low water, dredging , natural erosion, etc,) can set a downward spiral.

We need to remember that we are guest to nature, we shouldnt "own" any of it. or tell it what it can or cant do, this was the philosophy in the 20th century, and look what that did to the state of Louisiana and its coastal areas.

Look up the swamp busters act.

Just remember more than anything guys, that respect for nature is the key to not only natures survival but your own.

/end rant lol
Old 02-26-2010, 12:14 AM
Blue Marlin

Cash: 2,142

Quote:
Originally Posted by yak'em-n-stack'em View Post
Tarpon still go into Lake P. during the summer.

And to add to med heavy, there will be an article in Cajun Outdoors in march that i wrote that is a VERY simple explanation,

but.

there is a natural process, before the damming of the mississippi river, the cheniers and marshes on the west side of the state were formed from huge mudflats that would develop on the coast, then be vegetated, then the "beach" would be reworked causing a new barrier island "cheneir" and the process starts over and over again.

many people dont understand that erosion is a natural process, but the problem is is that we as humans have stopped the rebuilding functions

Yak em............heres my idea, let me know if it'll work.............I say blow the south levee holding the mighty Mississippi from B.R. on south.........That'll replenish the marshes for half the state!!! Im sure it'll cut a path eventually, but heck man, let that river do what it was made to do..........rebuild our coast!!! Oh and on the wier thing..............Blow them too...............Tim
Old 02-26-2010, 12:51 AM
Great White

Cash: 22,543

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dink View Post
Yak em............heres my idea, let me know if it'll work.............I say blow the south levee holding the mighty Mississippi from B.R. on south.........That'll replenish the marshes for half the state!!! Im sure it'll cut a path eventually, but heck man, let that river do what it was made to do..........rebuild our coast!!! Oh and on the wier thing..............Blow them too...............Tim
Tim you just want to see **** get blown up dont you......I like it
Old 02-26-2010, 12:53 AM
Blue Marlin

Just wait!! I got plans for this weekend!!! BOOOOOOMMM!!!!!!
Old 02-26-2010, 12:55 AM
Blue Marlin

Quote:
Originally Posted by meaux fishing View Post
Tim you just want to see **** get blown up dont you......I like it
Actually, I'd call George W bush in........after all, he has all that experience after blowing up the levee during Katrina!
Old 02-26-2010, 01:18 AM
Swordfish

Cash: 343

well i dont know if you were serious or not, but destroying the levees below laplace is the only real chance we have left.
Old 02-26-2010, 01:21 AM
Sailfish

Cash: 4,182

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dink View Post
Say Tim......that was real concern of the people that lived along the river back during the flood / very high river back in 1973, I think. I was working at one of the plants along the river back then. The river water got to about 4' higher than the road that ran along the levee.

There were several places that had "river" water seeping under the levee and people were really worried that the levee would give away.

The real threat was the coonass that lived in that area might go the other side of the river and blow up the levee to save there side from flooding.
Old 02-26-2010, 09:10 AM
Red Snapper

Cash: 813
Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by yak'em-n-stack'em View Post
I see where your coming from chas,

most people refuse to see it, but when you are catching record numbers, thats when you need to be the most careful.

Pride cometh before a fall,

just remember that, it applies to more than just personalities, you can apply it to this situation.

In nature, when an ecosystem is doing "its best", that means it is closest to its "tipping point" or the point where 1 thing (coldest winter in 115 years, super low water, dredging , natural erosion, etc,) can set a downward spiral.

We need to remember that we are guest to nature, we shouldnt "own" any of it. or tell it what it can or cant do, this was the philosophy in the 20th century, and look what that did to the state of Louisiana and its coastal areas.

Look up the swamp busters act.

Just remember more than anything guys, that respect for nature is the key to not only natures survival but your own.

/end rant lol

Well said!
Old 08-25-2010, 09:09 AM
Redfish

Cash: 678
Default Conserving the environment

When I'm out fishing, I don't throw beer cans and bottles out of the boat so they litter the place. I shoot'em full of holes so they sink to the bottom! LOL! Just kidding. Couldn't resist.